Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 01:42 PM

22 posts, read 19,025 times

Advertisements

I went on a few dates with this new girl. The chemistry was immediate and we made out the first date. Couldn't wait to see each other and went on another date a few days later with a similar result. We made plans to see each other again.

Now, a few days into the new week (after no contact since the weekend), I text her. Have gotten 0 response and its been over a day. Message was delivered so I'm sure she got it. I'm at a loss as I thought it was going real well. Don't wan't to come off as desperate either by double texting. Any thoughts? Should I prepare to move on at this point?

My background. 29/M/Los Angeles. She is similar age (bit younger)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 01:48 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Be patient. It's a holiday weekend and she quite likely is busy or on her way out of town.

If you don't hear from her after the world returns to normal after Easter, reach out to her once more before tossing in the towel and moving on.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:50 PM

It's been over 2 days now. Who doesn't have time to respond to a text?! haha

Old 04-02-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwaway199 View Post
I am that person--especially if I'm with family or busy with work. Not everyone is tethered to their phone. If I were in this woman's shoes, I'd consider the fact that you and I had already planned that third outing a definite showing of my interest. Alternately (or in addition), she could be out on dates with others. You're two dates in and chemistry aside, there's no reason why she can't be still seeing other people. She also might be working on something, with family....who knows?

Have some patience and see what happens after the holiday--especially since you already made plans to see one another again during your second date.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 04-02-2021 at 02:26 PM..

Old 04-02-2021, 01:56 PM

You think i may have offended by not texting sooner?

Old 04-02-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
There's no way to know, really. Everyone's milage varies when it comes to such things.

Once again, be patient and don't overthink this. Just leave the ball in her court until after the holiday.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:15 PM

What's the harm in doing it now? I don't want to waste any more time on this lol

Old 04-02-2021, 02:16 PM

I mean I'm an adult, don't want to play games

Old 04-02-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
What's the harm in doing it now? I don't want to waste any more time on this lol
Wasting more time on what exactly? On her? On texting?

There's no harm in it, I suppose, but what will be your response if there's no response on her end within what you feel is a reasonable time frame?

If you don't feel like waiting, just go about your business as usual and see other people; make plans for the rest of the weekend if you don't have any already in the works.

If it's meant to be, it'll be. In the meantime, be patient.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:47 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,793,098 times
Quote:
I went on a few dates with this new girl. The chemistry was immediate and we made out the first date. Couldn't wait to see each other and went on another date a few days later with a similar result. We made plans to see each other again.

Now, a few days into the new week (after no contact since the weekend), I text her. Have gotten 0 response and its been over a day. Message was delivered so I'm sure she got it. I'm at a loss as I thought it was going real well. Don't wan't to come off as desperate either by double texting. Any thoughts? Should I prepare to move on at this point?

My background. 29/M/Los Angeles. She is similar age (bit younger)
First of all, if she's a "similar age" than you and she's at least 21, please don't refer to her as a "girl".

Quote:
Someone who is busy with Easter plans.

Quote:
It's possible, but it also depends on what you texted her. For example, if you texted something innocuous like, "Nice weather we're having!" there really wouldn't be a reason for her to respond. If you texted her a question such as, "Was thinking about you. Are you free Saturday night?" I'd think she should respond promptly.

Quote:
Didn't you JUST say above that you didn't want to come across as desperate? Then DON'T.

Take Formerly Known As Twenty's advice: Have PATIENCE. Wait until AFTER the holiday weekend.

As for you "wasting your time", how would you be "wasting your time"? Unless you're sitting at home doing absolutely nothing but sitting on a chair, staring at your Smartphone screen, waiting for it to light up, then yes...you're wasting your time!

Get busy doing other things. Go for a run...clean the house...go out with other friends...Do what you'd normally do if she wasn't in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships