Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:18 PM

431 posts, read 1,641,666 times

Advertisements

That is so sweet. Happy anniversary! Could you talk to my DH and give him some ideas like that. Your wife is so lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 10:30 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
I'm a guy...........yep, she's a girl. Married 14 yrs end of this month.

I've spent alot of time doing this "present". It is somewhat "poetic" and I need a good "presentation". It is 14 songs w/videos of events that really stick out in my mind. Some she may not remember, but they were a big impact on me. Some are about the hard times, the really bad times. They span about 22 yrs. The song I played over and over when we first met, the song I usually had when I was drink'n w/buddies that she heard, to how I feel today, a new song I found.

they are in my fav's, all in order and I have a piece of paper to describe how I felt at that time. I thought about buy'n a mp3 player and down load the songs(w/the help of the kids ). I just am not 100% sure how to "present" it to her.

I thought about blind folding her, take her to my computer and start each song. 14 songs will take a while .

Is there an easy way to make a "portfolio" of the songs on a site to add pics, words, etc?

Need some help. Thanks all.
I think its great that you remember the song that you played when you first started dating. I don't think my husband would remember the song that was on yesterday.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:

I've spent alot of time doing this "present". It is somewhat "poetic" and I need a good "presentation". It is 14 songs w/videos of events that really stick out in my mind. Some she may not remember, but they were a big impact on me. Some are about the hard times, the really bad times. They span about 22 yrs. The song I played over and over when we first met, the song I usually had when I was drink'n w/buddies that she heard, to how I feel today, a new song I found.

they are in my fav's, all in order and I have a piece of paper to describe how I felt at that time. I thought about buy'n a mp3 player and down load the songs(w/the help of the kids ). I just am not 100% sure how to "present" it to her.

I thought about blind folding her, take her to my computer and start each song. 14 songs will take a while .

Is there an easy way to make a "portfolio" of the songs on a site to add pics, words, etc?

This is so sweet, congrats!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:50 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:

Great idea! But if it's not too much trouble, I think that you should move your computer into a more romantic setting in the house. For instance, set it up on the coffee table in front of your sofa. Set up some romantic snacks around it like wine, brie and crackers. Or chocolate dipped strawberries. Light some candles. Then blindfold her and sit her on the sofa. I think that you two should be cuddling together during the slideshow presentation, especially since you say that it's long. Having her sit in a desk chair isn't that special.

BTW can you hook up your tv to your computer instead?

Old 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
My wife and I can't agree on the year we got together let alone the day.

We could probably find out, but then we would have to do the Anniversary nonsense, so we ocassionally argue about "when it was" and then forget about it for another few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships