Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 03:30 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,204 times

Advertisements

Remember how some people put more stock in personality and emotional bond than looks, well, is it now been categorized as a type of sexuality?

As I'm coming to get to know these other flavors of sexuality, it gets interesting. Now, most of the women I've dated, claimed they never really cared about physical looks in a man, more about the personality, which is in my benefit. Been talking to this one rather attractive platinum blonde woman, age 39.

When I asked about our 10 year age difference and how much that mattered, she said she's dated various age ranges, and older men can be fun, too. Some even older than me she dated.

And then we started talking about health and diets and such. I wondered if she cared about the weight of her partner, and she said she's dated all shapes and sizes pretty much. Even a 400 lb man.

I was like "Cripes, even I draw the line at a weight cap, lol"

Then she told me she's demi-sexual and she's more about the emotional bond than the physical. Which made me kind of wonder about the other women I've dated that never proclaimed that flavor of sexuality, of course, they may be unaware of it or have no knowledge of it....but..how is being demisexual compared to "not caring about looks, but personality".

Which is something a lot of us average Joes' would want in our lives, esp. if she's cute herself.

I guess this explains why you see women 9 and 10s occasionally with frumpy, George Costanza look-a-likes? Does this mean that average looking people stand a chance with demisexuals? How common are these types?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 07:55 AM

6,858 posts, read 4,853,645 times
It takes time to form an emotional bond. It doesn't happen at first glance. It's not like looking at a man or woman and being immediately attracted.

If you spend time with people, preferably doing things, not looking for romance, find yourself having a good time...... that homely person becomes more attractive. It doesn't mean you start finding them good looking, but they look better than before and you enjoy them.

A piece of cake can look delicious, but if the filling is crappy most of us will throw it out.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:42 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times
Where are these ladies? I haven’t found one of them in 41 years on earth

Old 08-25-2021, 09:49 AM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
If you intended to only date females on the ACE scale, where would you find them?

People do not usually wear anything to label their gender.

Well I have one friend who always wears T-shirts with slogans that tell you they are Trans-gender, but that is a unique instance as this individual is an outspoken activist.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:18 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
If you intended to only date females on the ACE scale, where would you find them?

People do not usually wear anything to label their gender.

Well I have one friend who always wears T-shirts with slogans that tell you they are Trans-gender, but that is a unique instance as this individual is an outspoken activist.
I'm guessing you don't mean the Adverse Childhood Experience scale?

Old 08-25-2021, 11:36 AM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I'm guessing you don't mean the Adverse Childhood Experience scale?
https://www.glaad.org/amp/ace-guide-...your-community

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Asexual_Spectrum

"... The asexual spectrum or asexual umbrella is a group of sexual orientations that all fall under the umbrella term of asexual. People on the asexual spectrum may completely lack sexual attraction or feel it so little that they relate more to the asexual experience than to the allosexual experience. The common link between people on the asexual spectrum is that they do not feel the "standard" amount of sexual attraction or feel it in the "standard" way.

While there are numerous ace-spec identities, some are more common, like asexual, demisexual, and greysexual, and can stand on their own as identities. Other common ace-spec identities include:

Aceflux
Acespike
Fictosexual
Fraysexual
Inactsexual
Lithosexual, formerly known as akiosexual
Reciprosexual
..."

Old 08-25-2021, 12:10 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,789,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Remember how some people put more stock in personality and emotional bond than looks, well, is it now been categorized as a type of sexuality?

As I'm coming to get to know these other flavors of sexuality, it gets interesting. Now, most of the women I've dated, claimed they never really cared about physical looks in a man, more about the personality, which is in my benefit. Been talking to this one rather attractive platinum blonde woman, age 39.

When I asked about our 10 year age difference and how much that mattered, she said she's dated various age ranges, and older men can be fun, too. Some even older than me she dated.

And then we started talking about health and diets and such. I wondered if she cared about the weight of her partner, and she said she's dated all shapes and sizes pretty much. Even a 400 lb man.

Then she told me she's demi-sexual and she's more about the emotional bond than the physical. Which made me kind of wonder about the other women I've dated that never proclaimed that flavor of sexuality, of course, they may be unaware of it or have no knowledge of it....but..how is being demisexual compared to "not caring about looks, but personality".

Which is something a lot of us average Joes' would want in our lives, esp. if she's cute herself.

I guess this explains why you see women 9 and 10s occasionally with frumpy, George Costanza look-a-likes? Does this mean that average looking people stand a chance with demisexuals? How common are these types?
Demi-sexuals have the ability to feel sexual attraction toward someone, but that kin of attraction doesn't occur unless a strong emotional bond has been formed first. This however, does NOT mean that a demi-sexual will feel sexual attraction toward ANYONE and EVERYONE (s)he forms an emotional bond with.

They can see someone who's physically attractive, but they don't feel sexually attracted to them. The majority of demi-sexuals have little to no interest in sex, even if they do feel sexual attraction toward someone.

So, if you're a George Costanza look-alike, and you want to meet someone with more of a "normal" sexual appetite, getting together with a demi-sexual probably wouldn't be the best way to go.

http://demisexuality.org/articles/wh...demisexuality/

Last edited by Mink57; 08-25-2021 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Added link.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Demi-sexuals have the ability to feel sexual attraction toward someone, but that kin of attraction doesn't occur unless a strong emotional bond has been formed first. This however, does NOT mean that a demi-sexual will feel sexual attraction toward ANYONE and EVERYONE (s)he forms an emotional bond with.

They can see someone who's physically attractive, but they don't feel sexually attracted to them. The majority of demi-sexuals have little to no interest in sex, even if they do feel sexual attraction toward someone.

So, if you're a George Costanza look-alike, and you want to meet someone with more of a "normal" sexual appetite, getting together with a demi-sexual probably wouldn't be the best way to go.

What is Demisexuality? – Demisexuality Resource Center
I beg to differ, because the demi-sexual I'm getting to know has dated ALL physical types...ie a 400 lb man (IE a George Costanza type).

A 400 lb woman, would pretty much be a deal breaker for me, physically. So I don't see the logic in what you're saying.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
https://www.glaad.org/amp/ace-guide-...your-community

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Asexual_Spectrum

"... The asexual spectrum or asexual umbrella is a group of sexual orientations that all fall under the umbrella term of asexual. People on the asexual spectrum may completely lack sexual attraction or feel it so little that they relate more to the asexual experience than to the allosexual experience. The common link between people on the asexual spectrum is that they do not feel the "standard" amount of sexual attraction or feel it in the "standard" way.

While there are numerous ace-spec identities, some are more common, like asexual, demisexual, and greysexual, and can stand on their own as identities. Other common ace-spec identities include:

Aceflux
Acespike
Fictosexual
Fraysexual
Inactsexual
Lithosexual, formerly known as akiosexual
Reciprosexual
..."

Holy crap, this is all Greek to me! Why complicate my life. lol

I remember when there was only heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. I learned of asexual a little later.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:55 AM

760 posts, read 421,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post

How about.. the guy, instead of trying to change his sexuality: why doesn't he hit the gym, buy a new wardrobe, change his hairstyle, get braces or teeth-whitening procedures? Average men are only average because they want to be. There's nothing stopping them from hitting the gym hard and from becoming more social, more charming, more charismatic. Nothing is keeping them from taking care of their hair, their teeth, their skin, and their energy levels.

Most men could easily find themselves an attractive girlfriend, if they actually were to put in the work, the effort and the time it takes, for attractive women to stop in their tracks and to stare at you when you go out, and attractive women aren't even half as picky where it concerns a man's looks, as many guys make attractive women out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships