Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 03:24 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,291,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpgal View Post
Would deleting an ex off social media deter them from contacting you again?

Had an ex who would reach out to me every 2-3 months. I would usually respond and a few times we actually would meet up. He would always tell me he missed and still loved me and then would just break up with me again. The last time this happened was a few months ago and a few days after meeting up with him I texted him and told him not to contact me again and that I was done. I then deleted him off my social media, have not heard from him since so I’m thinking it worked! But then part of me still thinks I haven’t heard the last of him, but that might just be because I have become so used to this crazy cycle with him. Would the deletion off social media deter you guys from contacting an ex again?
Unless you get firm and I MEAN FIRM and draw the line with now shadow of a doubt it is done and you delete him and change your relationship status from "Screwed UP" to "OKAY" then this narcissistic SOB will always do this and as long as he never has to deal with formal closure he will on his own leave that door open and avoid any discussion of it, or I didn't get the message or my computer is down, the text wasn't working and then send him a certified letter he will not stop.

He wants to keep his options open, doesn't give two squirrel nuts about anyone but himself and what his mom thinks of him and probable still lives with her or goes for her to cook every other night. He is one similar I delt with and if you don't handle this right and right now, he'll smell looking bad to others and beat you to the punch.

I ended up getting hauled to court for a restraining order on me because I finally tossed his crap on the porch and left a note. THIS OFFICIALLY ENDS NOW!

He and a cousin trashed it all and broke things then poloroid it and called the police. He was older and it was mom's house and god forbid her baby look like a fool. But played those phone games and show up after time passed where he 'wouldn't have to talk about anything." I'm not a nagging 24.7 need your whereabouts person, but this disapearing and reapearing and not discussing and issue with - well, i don't care about that it's just a preference for this. Person can't do it you decided whether it is working or not like adults.

Guess who started calling and hanging up one year later....I traced the calls and all from him.

CERTIFIED LETTER DO NOT APPROACH OR CALL AND FORWARD A COPY TO THE LOCAL POLICE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships