Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 PM

159 posts, read 517,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
The whole thing I find a joke. What you described is not a loving relationship. You two obviously have a very unstable, unhealthy relationship as you stated there is physical abuse going on. I hope it doesn't happen in front of your children.

abuse, ? That is sick. Perverts do that. not in my marriage. Unhealthy, now that is the joke here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 07:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy234 View Post
How many of you gave your virginity to your partner, been married and stayed married, and will stay true to that person suppose he/ she passed away? Or is this a joke in today's world??
Well, I have. Just not all to the same person.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, I have. Just not all to the same person.
Hahahahaha, good one!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Amy, to be 100% honest with you, I did want to stay with my first partner forever, have only one partner, and grow old together. It didn't happen but not because I didn't want it to. I did.

It was devastating to think of having a second partner and it took a long time for me to get to the place where I was willing to try again.

I think we all take different steps in life to get to where we are. You got a soul mate on your first try, which is wonderful. Not all of us do, but that doesn't mean we're any less romantic or anything like that. Everyone's life takes a different path. And we hopefully end up happy. That's always the aim.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
chastity & fidelity are kind of out of fashion aren't they?
more than likely the death of a partner will not make you celebate.
more than likely a bad divorce following by a string of dirtbags will make you celebate.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Amy, to be 100% honest with you, I did want to stay with my first partner forever, have only one partner, and grow old together. It didn't happen but not because I didn't want it to. I did.

It was devastating to think of having a second partner and it took a long time for me to get to the place where I was willing to try again.

I think we all take different steps in life to get to where we are. You got a soul mate on your first try, which is wonderful. Not all of us do, but that doesn't mean we're any less romantic or anything like that. Everyone's life takes a different path. And we hopefully end up happy. That's always the aim.
I thought you had joked on your first bit. My marriage had been on the rocks due to my mom. We saved it. It was tough. Everyone's life is different. Your intentions were clear from the start. That does not mean you did wrong or anything, that is the way of life. You sure should be proud of yourself. How is it with your life mate now? I am sure you are even more determined to make it work this time. We kind of had a second marriage too. After my mom was kicked out of our lives, dad's best friend (dad is no more) came to visit us by chance. It was under his blessing that we resolved all problems and started this new life. It takes 10 years to have an understanding and meaningful relationship. At least that is how long it took me.After 10 years, we are still young. 29 is not bad at all, so I consider myself lucky!!

Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
chastity & fidelity are kind of out of fashion aren't they?
more than likely the death of a partner will not make you celebate.
more than likely a bad divorce following by a string of dirtbags will make you celebate.
Grreat words of wisdom here.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile True to just one person?

OK, I'm a romantic. My husband and I both were in prior relationships, however, neither worked out. I knew my husband for a couple of years just as a friend of.....long story, we reconnected a couple of years later (no relationships at that time) and it seemed right. I think we surprised each other.

So much has happened in our life - he inherited my disability (meaning I will possibly be blind one day), we have to financially help my parents, two children along the way, business successes and failures, job changes, family illness, parent with Alzheimers, miscarriage, business losses (financial) - but we have toughed it out, we need each other, we have a history; we have stood by each other when no one else would.

It's hard to explain but I cherish being with him; we work together and he depends on me now for that but I also depend on him.

Years ago, our lives were so crazy we were flying in opposite directions, kids, sports, community activities, church, all that - then I changed a few things for him and we have grown more together. Again, it's hard to explain.

I would always stay true to him. He did not run when told of my vision problems; others did. That meant a lot.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
amy234- please tell me you were not being serious about being slapped in the face by your husband.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy234 View Post
It takes 10 years to have an understanding and meaningful relationship. At least that is how long it took me.After 10 years, we are still young. 29 is not bad at all, so I consider myself lucky!!
Well, it's all wonderful, but IMHO it's waaaayyyy too early to count these chickens...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships