Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,623 times

Advertisements

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Confused... I'm 26 and have been speaking to a 34 year old she been in a relationship for 10 years and has 4 kids' but.....she has an awful attitude and a lot of anger, she tells people it me that provokes her "I" do everything to her...maybe just maybe she not happy with herself. She lost both her parents so she mad at GOD I don't know but she has this mentality that if you hurt she going to her you ten times worse. She has harden her heart toward people that is my gut feeling, I do not make her happy I’m like wow we barely known eachother less than a month.[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]

Last edited by AnnaLisa2681; 05-16-2008 at 10:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 10:29 AM

53 posts, read 157,360 times
you can't say that unless you truly understand her. i'm not just talking about now. i'm talking about her past, what she's been through throughout her life. she could be bipolar or some other mental illness. don't make judgements or assumptions. when she seems in a good, quiet mood, try to talk to her about it, but don't attack her.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Only she can change her behavior. It takes time but it can be done.
Continue to treat people like that nicely. Taking on her attitude will make things worse for both of you.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
I think you are right. She is just lashing out at you. Perhaps she uses you as a target for her anger. You know, the only way to deal w/ someone like that is to avoid them. Angry people spread a lot of unhappiness. Even if she is a family member, you don't owe her the right to pick on you, put you down, or make you feel bad about yourself. Just distance yourself from her. After all - she can't make you feel bad if you are not interacting w/ her. Find people to spend your time w/ who are upbeat and kind.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:34 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYR13 View Post
you can't say that unless you truly understand her. i'm not just talking about now. i'm talking about her past, what she's been through throughout her life. she could be bipolar or some other mental illness. don't make judgements or assumptions. when she seems in a good, quiet mood, try to talk to her about it, but don't attack her.
Why should she even interact w/ someone who lashes out? I have bipolar family members and the only way to deal w/ them is to just avoid them. If they are on meds and therapy, at least things are more civil, but when they are determined to fight - they just will.

And if this person is just an acquaintance - why continue the relationship? Even if she is a coworker - just limit the interaction. You can't fix another person but you can avoid them.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 AM

53 posts, read 157,360 times
i never said to fix it, i said talk to her about it and leave it at that. what happens happens. but why break a relationship if you don't want to or even have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships