Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 08:52 AM

10 posts, read 4,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
So first you say that you liked the fact he didn't make a big deal of it and didn't bring it up. Then you say you're now upset (or at least wondering if he forgot) that he's not talking about it and bringing it up.

I'm confused. Which do you want, him to bring it up or him to not make a big deal about it and continue to not talk about it? You can't have it both ways.
no he did forget, that’s what i’m saying, i don’t need him to bring it up often or even at all, it’s just that he forgot that and i thought sexuality was just a basic thing about someone to remember, so it rubbed me the wrong way when he told me he forgot that i told him.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:54 AM

1,228 posts, read 640,525 times
Your sexuality will always be more important to you than to anyone else. Are you planning on having an open or casual relationship with this person?

Old 12-08-2021, 02:15 PM

11,431 posts, read 24,568,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Your sexuality will always be more important to you than to anyone else. Are you planning on having an open or casual relationship with this person?
I think this might be the case with the OP. I’ve noticed sexuality is more of a social identity badge now that it’s more acceptable to be out. Where I live, everyone seems to feel it’s no big deal. It might be the OP’s age…

Old 12-08-2021, 03:26 PM

1,063 posts, read 586,408 times
Seems like you're over reacting and are a little to sensitive. Maybe he just hasn't had a chance yet since you're still in the just getting to know each other phase.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:16 PM

1,085 posts, read 705,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS414 View Post
Seems like you're over reacting and are a little to sensitive. Maybe he just hasn't had a chance yet since you're still in the just getting to know each other phase.
This right here. You’re using your sexuality as an identity - he just let it be a part of who you were.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:17 PM

1,078 posts, read 947,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich10 View Post
no he did forget, that’s what i’m saying, i don’t need him to bring it up often or even at all, it’s just that he forgot that and i thought sexuality was just a basic thing about someone to remember, so it rubbed me the wrong way when he told me he forgot that i told him.
Sexuality matters to literally nobody but you and the person you’re trying to date. He is already dating you, and unless it’s an open or poly relationship I don’t see why him not focusing on your sexuality would matter at all in a practical sense. It’s part of who you are, but that’s not the sort of thing that would actually really come up in a monogamous relationship once you’re already established with the person???

Old 12-08-2021, 08:01 PM

1,078 posts, read 947,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
This right here. You’re using your sexuality as an identity - he just let it be a part of who you were.
Bingo. Which I’d say is a very good thing, and reflects on him in a positive manner.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:43 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,985,143 times
I don't get it. The OP wants a bf that introduces her to other people so she can have sex with them to. Can't strong independent women find their own sex partners? I'm confused.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:51 AM

1,085 posts, read 705,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I don't get it. The OP wants a bf that introduces her to other people so she can have sex with them to. Can't strong independent women find their own sex partners? I'm confused.
I didn’t gather that at all, and I’m honestly really confused as to how you would even infer that.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:58 AM

12,855 posts, read 15,171,156 times
Quote:
so i’ve been recently talking to this guy, we seem to be hitting it off pretty well except for the fact that he has a bad memory, which is fine, i get that but he forgot that i was bisexual.
i’m not the most vulnerable person and my sexuality is really important to me. i’ve has so many people say that’s “it’s a phase” or sexualize it and make me uncomfortable about it. i was really happy that he didn’t do that and was pretty chill when i first told him, even saying he would introduce me to some of his lgbt+ friends but i guess he forgot and i’m super bummed about it.
i don’t really know where to go from here and could really use some advice. like what do i even do? is he even worth a potential relationship?
Quote:
update:
so the only reason I brought up his friends was to point out that he knows people in the community and people coming out, I'm not in a hurry to meet them I just thought it might be important but he apologized to me and we're going to talk later so I'm just going to move on and take things slow. the reason I posted was just to see what other people thought and I've been looking through other posts and I guess guys forget important stuff all the time. thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it

To me, something this big is a strange thing to forget. That to me is like saying someone forgot the color of the new car they just bought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships