Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:15 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

As some of you may have seen in the "work" part of this forum, I was supposed to get a review from work today which would tell me if I will be kept after the holidays.

I was freaking out to my boyfriend of 3 and a half years for about 3 or 4 days.

Today I was told I will be kept () which is AWESOME news during this economy and its state.

I called my boyfriend to tell him and he goes on for ten minutes about his day. And I say "cool". And then it is silent for 2 minutes. Finally I ask him "Arent you going to ask me about my review?"

He says "Oh...yeah.."

"Did you forget?"

"It did slip my mind for a moment."

I don't know but it made me soooo angry and hurt inside. People from work remembered to ask me. I EXPECTED someone who has been dating me for 3 and a half years to remember.

Am I overreacting? What should I do? Am I right to feel like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
Believe me, I TOTALLY understand your frustration, but guys are forgetful about stuff like that and it doesn't mean he doesn't care. I would have my moment of anger and let it go. If he didn't give a crap or he forgot your b-day I would say let him have it, but in the grand scheme of things, it really is a minor thing. If I've learned anything, its pick your battles.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Did he have other stuff on his mind?

I understand how it can hurt, but sometimes people genuinely forget about things. You should ask yourself if this is worth getting upset over. Only you know how truly important it was to you.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:21 PM

It was terribly important. I was so stressed about not having a job.

And I could understand if he was busy with stuff. School is out. He has no homework and works 10 or so hours a month. Sorry but I dont see how he forgot.

I was so happy about it and I am just feeling so upset right now

Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
Have you talked to him about how you feel? I like your name and your status on here by the way!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Congratulations on the job.

I'd let it go as far as his reaction unless it's a trend.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Have you talked to him about how you feel? I like your name and your status on here by the way!
Thanks Riss

I have not talked to him about it right now. But this is not the first time he has forgotten something. Not including my birthdays. As I said, he does not have homework or a regular job. He works for about 10 hours a month.

I kinda choked up on the phone and just told him I wanted to go.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:29 PM

85 posts, read 227,043 times
Was he going through a stressful period or something like that?

Congrats on the job. You probably worked really hard for it.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn_habs View Post
Was he going through a stressful period or something like that?

Congrats on the job. You probably worked really hard for it.
Not that I know of. No school. We're both on break. He does not work except for 10 hours a month and he was not working this weekend.

The only thing is that he went to move something into his apartment.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Today I was told I will be kept () which is AWESOME news during this economy and its state.

I called my boyfriend to tell him and he goes on for ten minutes about his day. And I say "cool". And then it is silent for 2 minutes. Finally I ask him "Arent you going to ask me about my review?"

He says "Oh...yeah.."

"Did you forget?"

"It did slip my mind for a moment."

Why didn't you just tell him about your review? If there is something I want to talk about I tell people about it. I don't wait to be asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships