Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 02:29 PM

4 posts, read 2,169 times

Advertisements

I was with my bf for 6 months and we did have our ups and downs but we got through them. I have had a history of headaches and I went to get it checked out and it turned out that I had a small blood clot. I ended up stay in the hospital for about 3 or 4 days and was released to get on bed rest. So before I went in to see the doctor on the day of I tried so hard to contact my bf and I got no answer. I called I texted I sent him FaceTimes and everything. So I did try to contact him. I ended up having to turn my phone off because, I was preparing for my procedure to help remove this clot. My phone was off for the days during my recovery for about 2 and a half days. I turn my phone on and hoping my bf text me or something. They only text I got was “I’m sick of this I’m done” he left me a voicemail saying “ I’m done with you” this hurt me to my core. How could someone I love do this to me in my time of need. He didn’t pick up calls or anything from me. I get we didn’t talk those days but I tried so hard to tell him what was going on before anything happened and he didn’t answer (he said he was sleep).
Fast forward to a couple hours ago he finally calls and all he is doing is screaming at me demanding that I show him a picture of my wristband and my hospital paperwork. Yes I could easily have shown him but it was hurtful how he was screaming at me and not even caring how I was feeling. Nothing I said mattered to him. Nothing. It was like nothing to him that I tried to tell him what was going on before I actually was admitted and taken to have my clot removed all he did was yelled and screamed for picture of my paperwork. I had to stand my own and not send it to him because, I know what I was doing and plus I’m still in recovery at home. It hurts how he is going right to the negative with me and assuming he knows that I’m lying. Why is my word not enough? Why is he treating me like this?
I have been though a lot with him. I’ve had a woman pop up on him at his new place while I was there and she stalked and followed us around all until the police was involved. I’ve had instances where he really accidentally merged me into a call with him and another woman. I’ve known him to text other women while talking to me. But I stayed. I know it was stupid. But I did. I have always been accused of doing everything under the Sun by him. He even accused me being with another man when I was at my mom house and my brother was there and he heard him in the background. He makes me out to be such a ugly person. And here I am knowing I was in the hospital and he yells and demands proof and makes it seem like I’m lying. I was going to show him but he didn’t give me the respect I deserved I wanted to stand up for myself. He breaks up with me and hangs up in my face after I told him no. I just need advice on how to move on because, although I did nothing wrong this still hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 02:35 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami02 View Post
I was with my bf for 6 months and we did have our ups and downs but we got through them. I have had a history of headaches and I went to get it checked out and it turned out that I had a small blood clot. I ended up stay in the hospital for about 3 or 4 days and was released to get on bed rest. So before I went in to see the doctor on the day of I tried so hard to contact my bf and I got no answer. I called I texted I sent him FaceTimes and everything. So I did try to contact him. I ended up having to turn my phone off because, I was preparing for my procedure to help remove this clot. My phone was off for the days during my recovery for about 2 and a half days. I turn my phone on and hoping my bf text me or something. They only text I got was “I’m sick of this I’m done” he left me a voicemail saying “ I’m done with you” this hurt me to my core. How could someone I love do this to me in my time of need. He didn’t pick up calls or anything from me. I get we didn’t talk those days but I tried so hard to tell him what was going on before anything happened and he didn’t answer (he said he was sleep).
Fast forward to a couple hours ago he finally calls and all he is doing is screaming at me demanding that I show him a picture of my wristband and my hospital paperwork. Yes I could easily have shown him but it was hurtful how he was screaming at me and not even caring how I was feeling. Nothing I said mattered to him. Nothing. It was like nothing to him that I tried to tell him what was going on before I actually was admitted and taken to have my clot removed all he did was yelled and screamed for picture of my paperwork. I had to stand my own and not send it to him because, I know what I was doing and plus I’m still in recovery at home. It hurts how he is going right to the negative with me and assuming he knows that I’m lying. Why is my word not enough? Why is he treating me like this?
I have been though a lot with him. I’ve had a woman pop up on him at his new place while I was there and she stalked and followed us around all until the police was involved. I’ve had instances where he really accidentally merged me into a call with him and another woman. I’ve known him to text other women while talking to me. But I stayed. I know it was stupid. But I did. I have always been accused of doing everything under the Sun by him. He even accused me being with another man when I was at my mom house and my brother was there and he heard him in the background. He makes me out to be such a ugly person. And here I am knowing I was in the hospital and he yells and demands proof and makes it seem like I’m lying. I was going to show him but he didn’t give me the respect I deserved I wanted to stand up for myself. He breaks up with me and hangs up in my face after I told him no. I just need advice on how to move on because, although I did nothing wrong this still hurts.
I know that you're hurting right now, so allow yourself to heal both in body and in mind. Know that this guy did you a huge favor by choosing to exit your life since you didn't have the presence of mind to kick him out of your life as you should have months ago. Be glad that you only wasted six months of your life with him.

Oh--and block him from being able to contact you and ignore any temptation to peek into his social media as that would be allowing him to hurt you from afar by allowing him to take up residence in your mind by invitation.

Be well. *hug* There are better, real men out there. In future, when someone shows you who they are, believe them, set boundaries, and move on a.s.a.p.--no "giving chances" necessary.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:46 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
I was with my bf for 6 months and we did have our ups and downs but we got through them.
SIX MONTHS.

Quote:
Again, you were with this guy for SIX SHORT MONTHS. How did you let an abusive relationship develop in such a short time? This behavior must have started shortly after you began dating.

Why do you believe this is all you deserve? Were you neglected as a child or something? Therapy! And lots of it!

[Mod cut: unnecessary]

Last edited by Mikala43; 02-04-2022 at 04:53 PM..

Old 02-03-2022, 02:50 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,411 times
Quote:

You move on by re-reading what you wrote here and think of the absolutely crappy way he treated you---and "crappy" is not the word I wanted to use, believe me.

He is an ugly, nasty, foul, heartless, callous, hateful, ROTTEN human being.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:10 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
He did you a favor. Case closed. Move on dot org.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, the accusations aren't about you. They're about him. He's projecting his own behavior onto you. That's what all that means. He's assuming that you're going around behind his back, like he's been doing to you and to others.

This guy is toxic. Find someone who's calm and caring. Don't rush into anything. Take your time. And of course your first priority is to heal. Be glad you've rid your life of one source of turmoil.

Best wishes!

Old 02-03-2022, 06:26 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Stop dating abusive @holes. This is such a cliche. Why are you even upset the relationship is over? You should be relieved.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:08 PM

137 posts, read 82,267 times
It might be petty, but if I were in your situation I'd send the proof but would not come back with that person.

I understand that you are hurt by what happened right now, but at the same time you seem quite aware that this guy had some bad tendencies. And you seemed to have suspicions that he was probably not the straightest arrow out there either.

It's probably a good thing that this relationship is over. There was no trust, and he seemed to be somewhat abusive.

This guy was never going to be good for you anyway. The way it ended might have been a shocker, but from what you've told us, I think the hurt you feel now is probably not as bad as it could have been if you had stayed with him any longer.

You'll get over it, and eventually meet someone who treats you with respect.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:13 PM

374 posts, read 257,266 times
Dude sounds like a real catch /MaximumSarcasm

In all seriousness though you should be jumping for joy that he took his leave of you, no matter how hurtful or traumatic his methods may have been. Dude sounds super toxic and is absolutely not worth anyone's time of day. Take the time to heal, forget about him, block him if you have to, and focus on yourself. You deserve a lot better than him.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:20 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Well, there is no 'advice' that will help the OP in this situation (if it's a genuine situation). If the OP genuinely wants to move on, they will whether it be by professional counseling or by sheer will. It has to come from herself though.

I have a feeling though that the OP unfortunately will not let this go and continue to obsess over the situation for a long time. So telling her to move on or that she caught a lucky break will go in one ear and out the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships