Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times

Advertisements

Ever had a fling with somebody where you knew it was wrong beforehand and during the wild thing, but you just couldn't resist?

When I was single, there was a woman I dated like that. The chemistry was incredible, but the relationship itself was awful. So we couldn't keep from ripping away each other's clothes, but would always get into terrible fights afterwards. I guess being around her was analogous to a narcotic that had Godawful aftereffects.

About five years after I got married, she looked me up and called me out of the blue, suggesting lunch. Fortunately, I had enough presence of mind to say, "I just don't think that's a very good idea," and never heard from her again.

Anybody like that with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
I think every single woman in my LIFE I've ever hooked up with gave me that feeling...

...it's nice, isn't it? :>)

Old 05-29-2008, 08:13 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,292 times
When I was new to the Navy, I had a crush on my boss. She was about 9 years older than me, and I saw her as absolutely beautiful and intelligent. After her husband left for a deployment, she approached me, and a relationship developed. We continued the relationship for about 3 months before finally breaking it off.

To this day, I feel absolutely horrible about it. I could claim that I had just gone through an emotionally terrible divorce (which I had), but that is not an excuse. I just showed bad judgement.

The husband did approach me with it, and I felt if he had the guts to ask (any of you that has ever had anyone cheat on them knows the "pit in the stomach" feeling), I should have the 'stones' to admit to it and face the consequences. I did admit to it with him, and he mentioned that I wasn't the only one. After her and I broke it off, there were two others before her husband returned from deployment.

Man, was I an idiot! But.. at the time, it made me feel good and important that a woman like that would want to be with me. Now, I just feel like an idiot for doing that to someone else.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:13 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,039,006 times
Yeah, I did in high school. He called me up 15 years later and I got together with him...for one weekend. Never called him back after that. LOL

Old 05-29-2008, 08:16 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,548,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I think every single woman in my LIFE I've ever hooked up with gave me that feeling...

...it's nice, isn't it? :>)

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:19 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
Yup! More than once! Gotta love those Blasts from the Past!!!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:22 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Now, I just feel like an idiot for doing that to someone else.
No, you're just human.

Join the club - we have tea and finger-sandwiches in the back.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,077 times
Yes I married two! One when I was 19, she was smoking hot, a stripper, and wild as any succumbus could be. it lasted a month and we're great friends..the other, you'd think I might have learned something, if I couldn't handle a lower demon, marrying satan herself wasn't the answer...18 YEARS of hell on earth

Old 05-29-2008, 10:11 AM

169 posts, read 538,105 times
Been there a few times....it is most definately fun....good times.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Hmmm,

I almost had a fling with a married guy when I was 18. I wanted him so bad, I would dream about what I was going to do to him. He was only a few years older, just married, and had a newborn baby Anyway, a friend set us up at a party. So after a few minutes of just talking I started getting this sick feeling, all I could think about was his wife and baby girl at home. I don't even remember anything he said because the wife and baby were on my mind the whole time. I then became disgusted with him. I told him I couldn't do this and left and Never looked back. I never kissed him, touched him or anything. AND NEVER EVER looked at a married man again

A few years later, my now husband started working in the building next to his, I was up visiting my husband and when I left - the married guy came over to talk to my husband and asked about me, my husband told him that's my girlfriend, and the guy told him he knew me and I was one classy lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships