Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 03:33 PM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
This^^ always makes me giggle….like ppl who meet in social apps don’t date “IRL” the same way ppl do when they meet somebody at work or through friends.
You totally do not get what I am saying... lol.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:36 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,487,531 times
Quote:
Ok. I thought you were younger & more my age. I was born in the 90s. But that’s what I was saying….a lot of older ppl haven’t gotten comfortable with the internet for dating…banking….even buying a home.

BUT Moongirl…you are always talking about your bad experiences in dating…so…dating ppl from high school or through friends doesn’t seem like it has worked for you anyway. A lot of dating apps have verifiable features & video chat. Video profiles too….like on The League…..to show more personality for a 1st impression.

edit:

I’m an atheist so pls don’t take offense…but IMO creeps can be found in church too AND they wouldn’t be a compatible match for me anyway. You have to be willing to go outside your own backyard IMO & meet a lot of ppl to better your chances of finding somebody that is compatible. Smart phones & apps are used for all kinds of social interaction.

But…if you don’t want to, that’s totally up to you ofc.
Are you being paid to shill for "The League"? How many times have you mentioned it? Not everyone wants to date the kind of people on the League. If you're looking for a sugar daddy rich white dude, fine. Or a young but "self-sufficient" female who is looking for a guy to spend your money, great. Except it is a very narrow demographic - and I don't mean in terms of money but ethnicity and interests as well. Living in a major city is a must or you'll get no matches.

Many people can't afford the amount to get any of the premium features - that can be hundreds a month - but it DOES serve to keep out the riff raff. You say to meet a lot of people, but with The League you only get a few matches a day...they don't allow you to play the numbers game...ha.

Is it like a club where women can get in cheap but the guys gotta pay "extra"?

Old 04-02-2022, 04:16 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,634,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Are you being paid to shill for "The League"?

Ofc I’m not sponsored by The League in City Data. IMO Raya is really good too.

Quote:
Not everyone wants to date the kind of people on the League.

Then don’t try to join.

edit:

Quote:
Is it like a club where women can get in cheap but the guys gotta pay "extra"?

Quote:
If you're looking for a sugar daddy rich white dude, fine.

There are lots of successful & well educated women on it too. I’m super shocked you offend or judge all professional women AND men on the app like that or think that all ppl are the same. It’s not a sugar daddy app. It’s for attractive, educated & successful ppl who want to socialize or meet ppl to date. It’s not a gentleman’s club. Since you bring it up tho, there are sugar daddy dating sites if that’s what you’re into…or LGBTQ for sugar mommas.^^

Last edited by TashaPosh; 04-02-2022 at 05:19 PM..

Old 04-02-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Ofc I’m not sponsored by The League in City Data. IMO Raya is really good too.

Then don’t try to join.

edit:

There are lots of successful & well educated women on it too. I’m super shocked you offend or judge all professional women AND men on the app like that or think that all ppl are the same. It’s not a sugar daddy app. It’s for attractive, educated & successful ppl who want to socialize or meet ppl to date. It’s not a gentleman’s club. Since you bring it up tho, there are sugar daddy dating sites if that’s what you’re into…or LGBTQ for sugar mommas.^^
I'm glad you pointed out again that they are specifically looking for "attractive" people, and of your three adjectives, that is the first in your list. I wonder what their criteria are to qualify as "attractive". You do realize there are many views on what is attractive, beyond the classical white European looks. Ofc "successful" is subjective as well - is it in terms of income, profession, artistically?

I ask because I assume you can remember the kinds of questions you had to answer as well as the information you provided...and maybe even the information they accessed in verifying you.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
You say to meet a lot of people, but with The League you only get a few matches a day...they don't allow you to play the numbers game...ha.

IMO 3 to 5 quality matches a day who are all verified IS meeting a lot of new ppl. If you get 20 unverified matches a day & most are catfish or married or losers….how does that help?

Quote:
I'm glad you pointed out again that they are specifically looking for "attractive" people, and of your three adjectives, that is the first in your list. I wonder what their criteria are to qualify as "attractive". You do realize there are many views on what is attractive, beyond the classical white European looks. Ofc "successful" is subjective as well - is it in terms of income, profession, artistically?

I ask because I assume you can remember the kinds of questions you had to answer as well as the information you provided...and maybe even the information they accessed in verifying you.

Ofc it wasn’t listed in any order of priority….AND it’s not just about looks. If you aren’t interested in dating attractive, social & career oriented ppl OR think there isn’t enough diversity, why keep asking about it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look to a social app that feels like a better fit for you…like I said before.^^

When I was on it the thing was professional & social success….AND that’s why you had to sync with Linked In & other social media because even bigger than that was the background check to prove you are who you say you are. They also want to see how you interact with ppl & your About Me….friendly & creative or cold & cynical. Parts of the profile could not be changed without assistance after you were accepted. They really stress education, career & social media….AND you don’t have to have model looks but it’s going to help. Attractive is super general & I don’t mean all 10’s but they are looking for ppl who fit what most members are looking for…..the total package because they don’t want to settle. It’s not just looks or just education & career.

But that was 4 yrs ago…..I don’t know how it is now. Just be you.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Attractive is super general & I don’t mean all 10’s but they are looking for ppl who fit what most members are looking for…..the total package because they don’t want to settle. It’s not just looks or just education & career.

But that was 4 yrs ago…..I don’t know how it is now. Just be you.
Yes, never settle for what other people consider to be unattractive.

Though ITA - 4 years in human years is like 21 years in "internet years" so no doubt the League has gone downhill and is far different than newer more current apps...time to move on.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Though ITA - 4 years in human years is like 21 years in "internet years" so no doubt the League has gone downhill and is far different than newer more current apps...time to move on.

I’ve heard The League is more flexible about acceptance than they used to be^^….so yes it may have gone downhill a little especially on what they call attractive. BUT all that matters is your own opinion for you. Raya is a good alternative tho…it’s the same kind of exclusive app.

Old 04-03-2022, 11:08 AM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Well.

Read a couple reviews of this app and boy... sounds like an exclusive lily-WHITE online country club for rich white boys and the gold-diggers who want them. LOL.

The sort of place where the membership doesn't & , which means they are full of & .

Yeah, I'd pass.

Old 04-03-2022, 12:16 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,992,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan2 View Post
Was he just likely looking for sex ...
Yes.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
sounds like an exclusive lily-WHITE online country club for rich white boys and the gold-diggers who want them. LOL.

It’s not a sugar daddy app…women are accepted for membership the same way men are.

edit: Do you know that women can have careers, be successful AND attractive, just like men? It’s 2022.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 04-04-2022 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships