Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 10:38 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times

Advertisements

Wait until he starts doing brrrraaaaaappppppp! burps from the south end.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:23 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
It's one thing to do it in the privacy of your home. Quite another to do it at work in the break room, with other people around.

It's weird...if my husband burps, he ALWAYS says "excuse me". However, if he farts, he just let's it go. (But so do I. LOL)
So gas that is released through your butthole is ok, but gas released through your mouth is not.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:32 AM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,943 times
I would view a person who did this in a breakroom at work as completely classless.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:14 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So gas that is released through your butthole is ok, but gas released through your mouth is not.
I didn't say it was OK. I just said how it is. lol

I should've pointed out that I was talking about in the privacy of our home.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:52 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was OK. I just said how it is. lol

I should've pointed out that I was talking about in the privacy of our home.
Ok, LOL. It just sounded funny. I guess if you said excuse after a fart it just makes the situation worse. Best to just pretend it didnt happen.

My boss has gone through prostate cancer over the past year, now two knee replacements. With all he went through (I won't go into detail although he did) and at his age he could not always help passing gas. I just ignored it. Your body often betrays you.

Old 03-29-2022, 01:22 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, he knows it's rude and offensive. He's giving everyone in the room his opinion of them, most likely. Who knows, maybe he hates his job, and this is his not-so-passive aggressive way of "voicing" his frustrations.

Has he ever done that in the break room when a supervisor or boss was present? Probably not. See what I mean?

Old 03-29-2022, 01:26 PM

841 posts, read 553,505 times
Weird in that environment. I quickly became immune to all things bodily-related with my current bf. My former husband did not prepare me, lol.

I don't even know if I got a full week before he started passing gas loudly while we were in bed. Maybe a few more days before he would follow me into the restroom when I had to pee if we were out someplace and drinking (at friends, not a public place). I hear him burp sometimes on the phone now - but he's in his truck or by himself on the ranch normally.

I will say he is nice enough to use the back bathroom for #2. But, he probably will let me know how it went. (He does have gastro problems, so it's all a common enough topic of discussion.) He keeps me pretty updated on if he has to poop (on the way to work or at work) or how many times he pooped that day. It's no longer a shocker to me to have him come in the bathroom when I go to pee (and yes, I did have the door shut) and he'll just walk over and turn on the shower and pee at the same time. (Again, I repeat - my ex-husband did not prepare me at all.)

At the same time, he came upstairs this morning gagging. Real gagging. His dog had pooped inside and just seeing it messed him up. Good grief - no, it wasn't pleasant cleaning it up, but it was hardly gag-inducing. I should have taken a photo and the next time he started grossing me out with too many details pulled it back out to show him. j/k

Old 03-29-2022, 01:30 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
I might have to hook up with a guy who can burp a song. Just sayin...
Funniest thread for a while! My little sister used to be able to burp the song "Why oh why did I ever leave Wyoming". Now I'm going to have to remind her of that.

When I was single, I remember thinking "at what point is it OK to...." (fill in the blank). Burping and farting were the main things, along with disclosure of criminal history (just kidding).

Behavior described by the OP is boorish and low-class/tacky. His supposed GF must be the same. And yeah, pretty sure he wouldn't do it with the boss there.

Old 03-29-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok, LOL. It just sounded funny. I guess if you said excuse after a fart it just makes the situation worse. Best to just pretend it didnt happen.

My boss has gone through prostate cancer over the past year, now two knee replacements. With all he went through (I won't go into detail although he did) and at his age he could not always help passing gas. I just ignored it. Your body often betrays you.
That reminds me, just last week, someone was relaying something they'd overheard, where a woman who was in a NEW relationship with a guy, ended up having to go to the ER with terrible cramping and stomach pains. Turns out, she just had a lot of pent up gas because she refused to fart around her new boyfriend. lol

Old 03-29-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
Weird in that environment. I quickly became immune to all things bodily-related with my current bf. My former husband did not prepare me, lol.

I don't even know if I got a full week before he started passing gas loudly while we were in bed. Maybe a few more days before he would follow me into the restroom when I had to pee if we were out someplace and drinking (at friends, not a public place). I hear him burp sometimes on the phone now - but he's in his truck or by himself on the ranch normally.

I will say he is nice enough to use the back bathroom for #2. But, he probably will let me know how it went. (He does have gastro problems, so it's all a common enough topic of discussion.) He keeps me pretty updated on if he has to poop (on the way to work or at work) or how many times he pooped that day. It's no longer a shocker to me to have him come in the bathroom when I go to pee (and yes, I did have the door shut) and he'll just walk over and turn on the shower and pee at the same time. (Again, I repeat - my ex-husband did not prepare me at all.)

At the same time, he came upstairs this morning gagging. Real gagging. His dog had pooped inside and just seeing it messed him up. Good grief - no, it wasn't pleasant cleaning it up, but it was hardly gag-inducing. I should have taken a photo and the next time he started grossing me out with too many details pulled it back out to show him. j/k
A couple of months ago, I sat in my husband's recliner and used his TV tray to eat a bowl of oatmeal. I accidentally dribbled a little bit of milk on the coffee tray, and forgot to clean it up. (It was a couple of drops).

My husband comes home, sits in his chair, sees the milk, and has a figurative cow about it. LOL Telling me how offended he was, and how disgusting it was. LOL

Yeah....and HE farts in my general direction. LOLOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.