Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 02:46 PM

21 posts, read 14,397 times

Advertisements

2 months of being in a relationships with her, she dumps me. Her reasoning was that we didn't get deep enough into our relationship. Right before she dumped me I received a text from her saying,

"Hi baaaabe! I just had the best gym workout... Actually I think it would be best if we waited for more sleepovers. For me they are more of a special thing even without sex. I want to have a deeper connection with you before more sleepovers. Is that okay? I would like to spend more time together first. Sorry I hope I am not being complicated."

I responded with being fine with that however, I wanted clarity on what she wanted so I was going to call her. Once I did she broke up with me saying we weren't going deep enough.

The next day I texted her saying I just need some space. She responded saying the same thing.

2 weeks in now, giving her space and I still want to know what happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 02:57 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
She broke up with you so not really clear why you'd text that you need space after she ended it.

It's one of the frustrating things about new relationships that end, but you have to focus on the fact that it's over and you're not going to get a clear answer as to why. At this point does it really matter what she says? You won't know if it's the truth, and it's not going to change anything anyway. You just have to lick your wounds and move on.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:04 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillpickle93 View Post
2 months of being in a relationships with her, she dumps me. Her reasoning was that we didn't get deep enough into our relationship. Right before she dumped me I received a text from her saying,

"Hi baaaabe! I just had the best gym workout... Actually I think it would be best if we waited for more sleepovers. For me they are more of a special thing even without sex. I want to have a deeper connection with you before more sleepovers. Is that okay? I would like to spend more time together first. Sorry I hope I am not being complicated."

I responded with being fine with that however, I wanted clarity on what she wanted so I was going to call her. Once I did she broke up with me saying we weren't going deep enough.

The next day I texted her saying I just need some space. She responded saying the same thing.

She's being complicated.

That's not 'fixable', but time does smooth these things over with patience and understanding. Give her spsce, give her time, send some flowers, KISS ... Keep It Simple ___ and no big slobbery letter or text, keep it very respectful.

If she goes and never comes back, you can cry 'cause you lost her, or if this is a pattern then you can cry because you have her.

Men need to live with women with 'understanding'. Generally we're not very good at it.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:07 PM

Well my response when she broke up with me was very blunt and straight forward ending with bye and I wanted to end it with a more calmer finish if you know what I mean.

It should not matter at all what she says! But my dumbass wants to hear from her because I think about all the good times. We weren't together long enough to have bad times so that sucks. Just need to be busy with something else.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:08 PM

I just need to stay busy and not think about her at all. Improve my life and whatever happens happens. Thank you guys for your input.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:16 PM

1,483 posts, read 684,470 times
Quote:

So she wanted a deeper connection before 'more sleepovers' - nothing wrong with that, good for her - then you agree with her, but wanted 'clarity' on what she meant - good on you, OP, for wanting to have a conversation with her over it - and then she turns around and yanks the damn carpet out from under you???

What the hell sort of move is that on her part??? She sounds like an adolescent who is in need of some serious growing up.

Your only mistake, OP, was texting her afterwards. Was me, I would've gone full NC on that... she is unworthy of anything from you after that one. I would've made myself 'dead' to her... lol.

Sad thing is... her premise was good... but boy did she mess it all up.

You're better off without that. WAY better off.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:18 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,151,407 times
Quote:

I'm going to guess she met someone. I think maybe she doesn't want to be sleeping with 2 people at the same time, but she's interested in someone else.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I'm going to guess she met someone. I think maybe she doesn't want to be sleeping with 2 people at the same time, but she's interested in someone else.
Yeah she could be. And if she did then why would I want her back right?!

Old 04-05-2022, 03:26 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,151,407 times
Quote:
Yeah she could be. And if she did then why would I want her back right?!
I completely agree. She flaked on you.

But you know...maybe if you want to look on the bright side...she didn't string you along, and she didn't cheat on you. Rejection is no fun...but at least she didn't do you dirty?

Old 04-05-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I completely agree. She flaked on you.

But you know...maybe if you want to look on the bright side...she didn't string you along, and she didn't cheat on you. Rejection is no fun...but at least she didn't do you dirty?
I would have rather had it dirty. My mind would be easier to let her go knowing those poor qualities within her. But it is what it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships