Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 10:05 PM

14 posts, read 9,751 times

Advertisements

There's this one woman whom I've developed some feelings for recently. A couple of months ago, we attended some parties together and I wanted to make a move on her, but my anxiety got the better of me and I never took my shot. Now she has a boyfriend and while me and this girl (we'll just call her "Mandy") are still good friends, I still have some feelings of jealousy towards her and her boyfriend, whom we'll refer to as "Dan".

A couple of nights ago, Mandy hosted a party at her place and there was a point where she was a few drinks and acting really crazy. It reached a point where me and her had a private moment and she told me that I was really good-looking and that she's always had feelings for me. She expressed her wishes that I made a move on her earlier and even though she said that she cares about Dan, she said that she still has feelings for me. She made the offer to anyone that they could spend the night at her place if they needed. I only had one drink the whole night, but I still feigned not being able to drive so as to take her up on her offer and use that as my chance to stay close to her. Her and Dan slept together in her bed and I took her guest room to myself.

Morning came, I helped clean up, and things between me and Mandy were really awkward. While Dan was showering, I tried to talk with Mandy about the incident last night and she basically just gave me a warning to not ever mention it to anyone. I just blurted out that she needed to dump Dan so that me and her could start over, which upset her. She started asking me to leave, which I did at first, but then I decided to get her a little gift to try and make it up to her.

I stopped at a nearby convenience store and got a box of her favorite donuts, Boston cream, and tried to offer them to her. She wouldn't accept and she began yelling at me to take my donuts and leave. I kept telling her to at least take a donut, but then she said that she was going to get Dan. I just dropped the donuts and ran and now I don't know about the state of our relationship.

Mandy clearly still has feelings for me and there's a decent chance that she may not even have strong feelings for Dan. The party incident was ugly, but I'm thinking of ways to maybe wedge myself between them and have another shot at her. Does it sound like a good idea to try and get between them?

Old 04-05-2022, 11:02 PM

631 posts, read 300,797 times
Meh. She might like you but, doesn't mean she wants you for a relationship. Dan is the one she wants.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:24 AM

6,884 posts, read 4,891,231 times
You dropped the donuts and ran? LOL! Msndi and her guy are probably still laughing hysterically at you.
Mandi probably has feelings for all guys when she is drunk. But sure, go for it. But up your game to coffee cake and never run. Walk away slow and dignified like.

Old 04-06-2022, 05:53 AM

29,527 posts, read 22,704,392 times
This same lady I presume:

Should I confess my feelings to her?

Most of the advice on that thread was to move on. And that will be the same advice here, which sadly will also be ignored.

Old 04-06-2022, 06:52 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,752,495 times
Is this the same girl who tried to steal the donuts during your date to Target? There was screaming and running in that one too.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:18 AM

10,103 posts, read 6,452,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is this the same girl who tried to steal the donuts during your date to Target? There was screaming and running in that one too.
The OP is apparently a slow learner. Perhaps he needs to switch to another food group?

Old 04-06-2022, 08:26 AM

5,660 posts, read 3,169,883 times
OP, you don't HAVE a relationship. But hey, if you're a glutton for punishment, keep pursuing her.

Old 04-06-2022, 11:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,752,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
The OP is apparently a slow learner. Perhaps he needs to switch to another food group?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...date-over.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships