Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 09:02 AM

613 posts, read 1,021,941 times

Advertisements

Sounds like she's sleeping her way through the town/city's men until she hits on the one who wants to worship at the feet of a hysterical, promiscuous, entitled snob. Be glad it's not you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 09:11 AM

19,760 posts, read 12,326,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
What are you trying to work out? You had two dates and boinked. That's literally nothing and ya'll are fighting and crying already? Seriously?

C'mon dude, you know the answer.

Oh the drama... wow.

Kids have to learn what is important when they are looking at potential relationships. Whatever else she has going on that seems positive, her behavior here trumps that. At least she didn't try to hide it.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:20 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,891,718 times
Seriously she did you a huge favor before you invest any more time and energy on her. Imagine if this is her on her best behavior Because let's face it people try harder in the beginning. Imagine what this would be like when she's bored, over tired, cranky and passive aggressive resentful to you.

Run away.

And hey it wasn't all bad

Old 08-23-2022, 09:21 AM

1,169 posts, read 644,280 times
Unless you're exaggerating her remarks or omitting some crucial details, she sounds mean spirited and definitely elitist.

On the 2nd date is still the honeymoon, and all parties tend to be "extra nice" in this stage... can you even imagine after 2 yrs of being steady... let alone married with kids.

BTW a PHD means nothing in the scheme of things. Money is nice, but it's not a reason to be with somebody.

You know her better than any of us and are the best judge whether to give her another chance or not. She has one huge strike against herself, so another one would end the game. It's no 3 strike rule in this case... unless you guys intend to just make the relationship about boinking... then I guess it's okay.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:23 AM

2,244 posts, read 2,418,370 times
You definitely didn't overreact. She thinks she's just a little bit better and will be a nightmare to deal with if you continue dating her.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:55 AM

869 posts, read 730,311 times
She has a PhD, yet she has no class.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:57 AM

50,438 posts, read 64,262,565 times
I still think maybe she got a lesson in how her attitude is not acceptable. She seemed genuinely shocked that she had been offensive. She’s obviously a product of her upbringing, as we all are, and we all learn from our mistakes. If she was 40 I’d think differently.

I still say, I’d give her another chance. It would be too bad if she’s learned a life lesson from OP, but then goes on to marry and live happily ever after with a guy who has a fleet of garbage trucks.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:58 AM

12,796 posts, read 15,071,446 times
Why would you want to deal w/ that? BE DONE. With her blunt personality, she's definitely going to say & do other things down the road that you won't like I'm pretty positive. So it's best to end it now. And for her having a PhD, I don't know why why she's crying. She may be booksmart, but doesn't seem that emotionally mature. I know I in hell wouldnn't want a person like that!

Funny how she's so, "blunt", yet so weak too (already crying for nothing). A mature person would just apologize for insulting your job and sensibly say that they probably shouldn't move forward w/ dating because it doesn't seem like they're compatible.

Another reason to not sleep w/ people so fast. How does anyone know anyone after barely 2 dates? People still don't know people after months. Must everyone have to have sex just because they're 2 consenting adults? Most people don't even know each other yet.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:03 AM

1,711 posts, read 793,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie22 View Post
So I had a second date which led to sex. She is admittedly "blunt" and "tells it how it is", and as we were laying in bed she called my career meaningless and dismissively mentioned one of my job duties as if it was nothing special. I then told her that was rude, degrading, she attacked my career, and that I can't be with someone who doesn't respect my career. She immediately tried to backtrack but I told her she was now just trying to tell me what I wanted to hear and that the truth already came out. She has a PHD and has a high paying career in the medical field and comes from a rich successful family (which means nothing to me). I have a decent upper middle class career and come from a middle class to upper middle class family. Early that night I also think she had a reaction I didn't care for regarding the college I graduated from. After I said my piece I told her I was leaving (was going to spend the night) and she was crying and apologizing the whole time.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I over reacted and should ask her out again or just call it all off. There has been a decent connection between us and a physical attraction. Sex was great, but I will not date someone who looks down on my career and definitely not someone who will openly put down my career to my face.
Do you really need insight into whether being with someone who belittles you (from your pov), is any good for you?

Old 08-23-2022, 11:08 AM

32,715 posts, read 48,302,291 times
Overreacted? Yeah, a little bit. Your best reaction would have been to laugh it off. It sounds like you got your back up over an unintended slight and are the one who turned it into a fight.

If she is young, you could have laughed it off and then pointed out later, and very calmly, that what she said was hurtful. Maybe that would have made her more sensitive, maybe not. Maybe the relationship could have been salvaged, maybe not.

But it is over now, so no more sex for you. At some point, maybe figure out that your job is not you and it doesn't define who you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships