Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 07:45 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVerJenny View Post
She has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Look it up on Youtube. She's gaslighting you, testing your boundaries as if you are a puppet and all she has to do is backtrack.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleeping with someone on the second date? It is NOT SAFE to sleep with strangers, it's crazy

Consider yourself lucky. You dodged a bullet
If she doesn't practice good hygiene & Safe sex, it's possible you may catch a serious std.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 09:03 PM

287 posts, read 363,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
The only time it’s appropriate to make disparaging remarks about someone’s alma mater is when yours and theirs are arch rivals - like North Carolina-Duke or Michigan-Ohio State. And then with a wink and in the spirit of fun.

And to put someone down for their job/career? Nope. Bye.
I'd add Texas-Oklahoma and Army-Navy.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:22 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,064,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie22 View Post
So I had a second date which led to sex. She is admittedly "blunt" and "tells it how it is", and as we were laying in bed she called my career meaningless and dismissively mentioned one of my job duties as if it was nothing special. I then told her that was rude, degrading, she attacked my career, and that I can't be with someone who doesn't respect my career. She immediately tried to backtrack but I told her she was now just trying to tell me what I wanted to hear and that the truth already came out. She has a PHD and has a high paying career in the medical field and comes from a rich successful family (which means nothing to me). I have a decent upper middle class career and come from a middle class to upper middle class family. Early that night I also think she had a reaction I didn't care for regarding the college I graduated from. After I said my piece I told her I was leaving (was going to spend the night) and she was crying and apologizing the whole time.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I over reacted and should ask her out again or just call it all off. There has been a decent connection between us and a physical attraction. Sex was great, but I will not date someone who looks down on my career and definitely not someone who will openly put down my career to my face.

Just for context, what do you do professionally? What college did you go to, and which one did she?

I mean if she's doing cancer research and you are essentially a garbage man, she sort of has a point.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:38 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,305,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Just for context, what do you do professionally? What college did you go to, and which one did she?

I mean if she's doing cancer research and you are essentially a garbage man, she sort of has a point.

Even if the OP actually went to clown college and this woman has degrees from Cal Tech and Berkeley, that doesn't justify treating someone else without kindness.

Dates regularly don't work out between people. There are so much better ways to conduct oneself.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:42 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times
She needs to date someone who meets her standards. There’s nothing wrong with you, but she’s a snob.

Old 08-26-2022, 07:42 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,221,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post

Not really. If she picked him to date knowing that he might be a garbage man that's her fault. I'm betting she knew what he does and what college he went to.

Either way he'll be forever trying to live up to a standard that isn't his own so it's time to move on.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:06 PM

10,304 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
These women these days deserve to be cat ladies. And that’s where she’s heading. Tell her this. I wouldn’t care if a woman worked the drive-through at McDonald’s if she brings me peace and happiness to my life. You can go lick the curb now. And kick her there. Like immediately. This is a woman who has zero respect for you. And you were spot on she is now lying to you telling you what She thinks you want to hear. Men need to stop putting up with women like this. My suggestion is to do what I did and I start dating foreign women with traditional values you’ll never go back to these American stuck up you know what. Let her suck on her little PhD. Men could care less about that. Literally
There is, a fairly large pool of men, that will not date American women. The reasons are fairly obvious. The only problem with dating foreign women is that they may become "Americanized." Then, you're right back in the soup, again. Oh well!

Old 08-27-2022, 03:41 AM

762 posts, read 452,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Alison View Post
Sounds like she's sleeping her way through the town/city's men until she hits on the one who wants to worship at the feet of a hysterical, promiscuous, entitled snob. Be glad it's not you!
Not sure why you would label her as promiscuous when he is as well. They are both lacking morals imo.
Maybe next time get to actually know a person before becoming intimate. What's the hurry.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:23 AM

972 posts, read 542,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie22 View Post
She is admittedly "blunt" and "tells it how it is"
In other words: 1) she thinks she's superior and has the final answer, and 2) she doesn't balance her knowledge with humility (after all, what's the purpose of humility when you're right).

I suspect the only lesson she'll learn is to keep her arrogant opinions closer to the vest in certain situations. If you were to stay with her, you'd be weathering her constant attempts to push you into something she feels complements her status. Or she'll inflate your credentials when telling people about you, again for her status. You're better off finding somebody who doesn't have that attitude problem.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:43 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,334 times
The Op got lost, this is the bad thing about hearing only part of the story, what if during those two dates he only showed off his work achievements, boring the poor girl? we can only guess, the OP's lack of response tells me that he didn't find what he was looking for in this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships