Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 03:40 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Oh..I didn't realize this was limited to the workplace because OP was at the beach watching whales . In that case I agree.
Point well taken.

Old 08-28-2022, 03:44 PM

1,483 posts, read 684,470 times
Some of you need to watch the Michael Douglas / Demi Moore pic Disclosure.

It only takes one time... and on top of it - no pun intended - the person being 'harrassed' can be the 'initiator' of it all and set the *other person* up.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:01 PM

306 posts, read 530,949 times
OP are you hearing this?!

Those evil women at the beach smiling at you are trying to set you up for a sexual harassment suit!

RUNNNNN and better lawyer up just to be safe!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Old 08-28-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post

Those evil women at the beach smiling at you are trying to set you up for a sexual harassment suit!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
It is a concern because there are women with personality disorders. Are most women going to try to get you fired for flirting with them once or you try to ask them out once? No. But some women are off and if these really wanted to force the issue, they could try to get you fired and you could lose your job too.

The underlying concern here is that it isn't always easy to immediately spot someone with a personality disorder.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:51 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Right? These responses to a rather wholesome scenario (people from different walks of life feeling camaraderie while watching whales) are borderline psychotic.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:52 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
It is a concern because there are women with personality disorders. Are most women going to try to get you fired for flirting with them once or you try to ask them out once? No. But some women are off and if these really wanted to force the issue, they could try to get you fired and you could lose your job too.

The underlying concern here is that it isn't always easy to immediately spot someone with a personality disorder.
Fired from what, whale watching at the beach?

Old 08-28-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:

I feel for how rough men have it.

To play it safe, men should probably reject any woman who smiles at them or behaves in a friendly way. The odds are pretty good its a TRAP.

Good thing OP asked before he got caught up!

Old 08-28-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I feel for how rough men have it.

To play it safe, men should probably reject any woman who smiles at them or behaves in a friendly way. The odds are pretty good its a TRAP.

Good thing OP asked before he got caught up!
Well I see you are a real voice of reason here and your genuine concern for others and their well being is such a refreshing change. If only more people would disply your authentic concern.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Well I see you are a real voice of reason here and your genuine concern for others and their well being is such a refreshing change. If only more people would disply your authentic concern.
But to get serious again for a moment. Is this thread the right time and place for talk about sexual harassment and workplace harassment and personality disordered women on a mission to ruin men's lives?

Some women smiled at the OP while whale watching at the beach.

BEWARE SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMS

That escalated quickly

Last edited by yoyogirl; 08-28-2022 at 05:32 PM..

Old 08-28-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
My posts are satire.
Your posts have been light on substance and high on condescension. But apparently that is all you have got.

Quote:

But to get serious again for a moment. Is this thread the right time and place for talk about sexual harassment and workplace harassment and personality disordered women on a mission to ruin men's lives?
Upthread there were multiple posters were dismissing a guys complaints by accusing another poster that he didn't know what constituted sexual harrassment, but they were mistating the law too, so yes, I thought that was relevant to correct the record here. Which is why I spoke up. I thought this point was worth addressing.

Quote:
Some women smiled at the OP while whale watching at the beach.
I think this is a fair point and I acknowledge that and when other's made that point up thread I acknowledged that then too.

Quote:
Why did this turn into an alarm bell ringing conversation about men needing to be hyper vigilant about being set up by evil personality disordered women?
Because you were being condescending and completely trying to dismiss any of my points. You were refusing to emgage with me on the substance of anything I said. I also think women do regularly dismiss an actual concern of men about sexual harassment laws. They can be abused by women who have personality disorders and I think that is something more people should understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.