Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,056 times

Advertisements

I met this guy at a party and we hung out for 5 hours just talking. He told me he wanted to ask me out and I said sure and we kissed a lot that night LOL. We spoke for a while after but never ended up going out because college was over and we lived in different countries. For reference this was in late April. In mid july i decide to text him again and we have nice conversation! ... for 3 days before he ghosts me. It ended on a super weird note where he asked me a bunch of questions and then ghosted my responses. So i decide to forget about him. The semester starts and I run into him one night, or well i see him from afar. He sees me too and is smiling and talking to his friend. I ask (from very far away, a distant shout) "Do I know you?" and he waves his hand. We walk our different ways with our friends. The next day, his best friend (who I had met the first night we met too through him) sent me a follow request and then immediately unsent it. My question is -- is it weird if I say hi if we run into each other again? He was a really nice guy and we got along well. I honestly dont know why he ghosted me and that prevents me from making any conversation if we ever run into each other. My friends say it shouldnt affect me and I can say hi because its not that big of a deal but idk. Is there any hope that we could start talking again? Turning to this forum for advice now. Wanna add that we're back at college and its super small so we will probably run into each other again. Also i am a girl.

Last edited by strangerthingsstan386; 09-20-2022 at 05:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 04:48 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,226,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerthingsstan386 View Post
I met this guy at a party and we hung out for 5 hours just talking. He told me he wanted to ask me out and I said sure and we kissed a lot that night LOL. We spoke for a while after but never ended up going out because college was over and we lived in different countries. For reference this was in late April. In mid july i decide to text him again and we have nice conversation! ... for 3 days before he ghosts me. It ended on a super weird note where he asked me a bunch of questions and then ghosted my responses. So i decide to forget about him. The semester starts and I run into him one night, or well i see him from afar. He sees me too and is smiling and talking to his friend. I ask (from very far away, a distant shout) "Do I know you?" and he waves his hand. We walk our different ways with our friends. The next day, his best friend (who I had met the first night we met too through him) sent me a follow request and then immediately unsent it. My question is -- is it weird if I say hi if we run into each other again? He was a really nice guy and we got along well. I honestly dont know why he ghosted me and that prevents me from making any conversation if we ever run into each other. My friends say it shouldnt affect me and I can say hi because its not that big of a deal but idk. Is there any hope that we could start talking again? Turning to this forum for advice now.
Every time a guy goes to you it's for the same reason he's not interested move on.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:49 PM

2,565 posts, read 2,685,618 times
I don't think casual talk is fun, honestly, as you have history with him. Try to meet up with him in-person and get to the point.

I mean, yeah, I'd start off with "hi" "how're you", but then keep talking if he lets you. If he starts to sway away at any point, you have your answer and move on like previous poster said.
Otherwise, ask something like "Are you staying in this area? Would you like to keep more natural contact again? Why did you ghost me? Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?

You were in different countries before, and most potential relationships don't last through something like that. People usually just start over or both people would've moved to said country.

OP, are you a guy or girl, if I may ask?
Maybe a "guy" because you have "Stan" in your nickname and you presumably like "Stranger Things"?

Old 09-20-2022, 05:49 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
Maybe a "guy" because you have "Stan" in your nickname and you presumably like "Stranger Things"?
I'm guessing it's "stan" as in huge fan, i.e. she's a big fan of Stranger Things.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:17 PM

6,879 posts, read 4,880,771 times
Just say hello and keep on moving. He knows where to find you. Don't act needy.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:21 PM

61,765 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Just say hello and keep on moving. He knows where to find you. Don't act needy.
^^^^ This. So simple!!

Old 09-20-2022, 08:50 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,099,283 times
Guys like him are a diamond dozen. You’ll be fine. Him ghosting you is a blessing in the skies

Old 09-20-2022, 08:59 PM

29,524 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Surely people can do better than flakey people like this in the dating game?

Old 09-20-2022, 11:40 PM

137 posts, read 82,379 times
In today's dating scene, you'll run into that situation over and over again. Things will seem like they're getting interesting and then suddenly fall flat. That's generally because today's online dating apps and social media makes everyone feel like they have an endless list of options all the time.

While it's tempting to be proud and just drop out as soon as the other person doesn't seem to be prioritizing you, I think there's very little to lose in actually going for it in a kind of... undeniable way.

You have him in your contacts. You both met at a bad timing but now college is resuming. If you want to know if he'd be interested now? Why not just reach out to him and be totally upfront about it: "hey I saw you the other day. I had a great time with you last semester. How'd you like a drink on Thursday?"

That's not "needy". That's direct. You'll remove all room for speculation about whether he's just too shy to contact you after all this time, did he ask his friend to contact you then thought it'd be weird, yatti yatta. You just ask him out straight up, in a way that, if he doesn't get back to you shortly, or if he responds in a weirdly evasive manner, you'll know it's dead. Conversely, a guy who's interested will jump right on that. Either way, you'll know what's up within a day.

If you get rejected, so what? It happens every day, and it's worth getting used to shrugging it off.

Old 09-21-2022, 01:32 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,051,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerthingsstan386 View Post
I met this guy at a party and we hung out for 5 hours just talking. He told me he wanted to ask me out and I said sure and we kissed a lot that night LOL. We spoke for a while after but never ended up going out because college was over and we lived in different countries. For reference this was in late April. In mid july i decide to text him again and we have nice conversation! ... for 3 days before he ghosts me. It ended on a super weird note where he asked me a bunch of questions and then ghosted my responses. So i decide to forget about him. The semester starts and I run into him one night, or well i see him from afar. He sees me too and is smiling and talking to his friend. I ask (from very far away, a distant shout) "Do I know you?" and he waves his hand. We walk our different ways with our friends. The next day, his best friend (who I had met the first night we met too through him) sent me a follow request and then immediately unsent it. My question is -- is it weird if I say hi if we run into each other again? He was a really nice guy and we got along well. I honestly dont know why he ghosted me and that prevents me from making any conversation if we ever run into each other. My friends say it shouldnt affect me and I can say hi because its not that big of a deal but idk. Is there any hope that we could start talking again? Turning to this forum for advice now. Wanna add that we're back at college and its super small so we will probably run into each other again. Also i am a girl.
First of all, you can't "get anyone to like you". You can't force attraction on another nor can you make them feel a certain way. A person can't help who they are attracted to, so I would just move on. He's had every chance to approach you if he wanted to. He's not interested. When a guy is interested in you, you know it. Always go with your gut instinct too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships