Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 11:54 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times

Advertisements

I do think that men like women. But people need to be realistic about male and female roles in a relationship and in a family.

People need to come to terms with the reality of sex and not live in some genderless fantasy that doesn't exist in the vast majority of society.

Old 11-13-2022, 11:57 AM

3,263 posts, read 1,742,217 times
I don't object to the the company of women in general. Hopefully this doesn't come across as creepy but I like the sound of their voices, the scent of their perfumes and hair care products and their apperances (Yes the way they look. ) I take yoga class a couple times a week to assist with recovery from a severe TBI and often I'm the only man in the class. I'm not obviously ogling anybody. I did have a chat with the studio owner as I'm new to this and looking around the studio to see if I'm doing the same posture as everyone else and was told everyone is also looking around and not to worry about it. I'm accepted as a serious student and we'll chat after class from time to time. Occasionally there's a guy who's there to try and pick up a new ladyfriend. They rarely return.

Women do seem nicer than men and personally I'd rather be in a roomful of women in yoga pants than with a buncha swearing and sweating meatheads lifting weights.

Old 11-13-2022, 11:58 AM

552 posts, read 344,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post
I’ve read more than enough posts here and on Reddit on how men just want a pretty face and fertility. Anything beyond that, they merely tolerate. As a recently single woman, I’m becoming more and more dismayed at the idea of dating again. Why should I strive to date and be in relationships with people that do not like the very core of who I am?

So…do men actually like women as people?
Yes my ex said he looked at women just as being pretty and having babies ?! I said, what ? I said women are not incumberators ?! He said yes they are ! I still remember this conversation shocking ! This conversation was toward the end of our relationship I think the last couple of days when I said our relationship is over.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:01 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
Looking into the future,I wonder if our future generation no longer care about dating and getting married,they have everything they want from their smart phone!
Do they still date,do they still want intimacy ?

Old 11-13-2022, 12:07 PM

11,001 posts, read 6,860,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
When you read forums like this one you'd get the impression that women are not very fond of men either, or at least have some form of contempt for them. Yet out in the real world men and women get along just fine for the most part.
The only form of contempt I have is for men who don't like women, and are not truly interested in them. They behave in ways that are off-putting.

I always had a lot of male friends. I preferred them because they were interested in things beyond being with "their man" and getting married. I lived in an intentional community during my 20's and had many friendships with men that were platonic only. Many years later, it's much more difficult to have friendships with men because most of them are in a relationship or married.

I enjoy friendships with men but when it comes to dating, that's a whole other story. I just don't have the time or inclination for most of those scenarios. They're just not what I'm looking for. Most people want a relationship and marriage with someone who is first and foremost their friend.

When I've dated in the past several years, I haven't found a guy who wants a friend. They are so focused on the sex they're not getting that they lose the bigger picture. They want some pie in the sky self-absorbed fantasy. That's why I prefer friendships. Like I've said, too many guys' eyes glaze over when I try to talk about myself and my interests but I'm supposed to be some 1950's cutie who hangs onto their every word. So it's not that I dislike men. It's that I dislike the dating experiences I've had.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:09 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,746,310 times
You have to be careful, some men want a woman around to do the housework and cook so they don't have to do it for themselves. My cousin's coworkers are always telling him to find a girlfriend to do the housework for him, and my cousin tells me all his coworkers are cheating on their female partners. (this was pre-covid).

Old 11-13-2022, 12:11 PM

383 posts, read 181,008 times
Just saw this on Reddit:

Quote:
I've observed this too. My conclusion is that most men don't see women as real people as they see other men. And most of these men don't even like women, they just put up with relationships with women because they want the steady sex. And this group of men falls into two subgroups: the ones that have gained control over a woman. Those become mostly abusers. And those who have not managed to gain control over a woman mostly become incels.
Then there is a group of men who likes women but doesn't see them as real people. For them, we are some goofy but likeable lesser species, like dogs.

Quote:
I would say that majority of men I've run into over the years are simply uninterested in female friendship. They get friendship from dudes. Women are not interesting to them other than for a few specific purposes. One man I was involved with years ago asked me point blank why I didn't try to "get more" stuff from men? As in, he could not fathom why I was just hanging out with men who I liked as friends without trying to get them to buy me drinks or other stuff. I did not know how to answer -- because I didn't want that? Because I can buy my own drinks? Because not everything in life is a transaction? And my answer seemed to blow his mind, because by his lights women's job was to get men to buy them stuff, and men's job was to get women to have sex with them, and the idea of an actual friendship and hanging out because you just like each other with no possibility of sex was just something he had not considered before. It made me sad, for him and for me, and also suspicious of his interactions with me.

Quote:
Yep. Many, many straight men don't actually LIKE women. At all. They want to have sex with them of course. They perhaps feel affection for them. They call this mix of desire and attachment "love." But sooooo many are missing the LIKE factor.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:15 PM

32,635 posts, read 47,995,345 times
A lot of men like women, but most of them are already married or in a good long term relationship. The dating world is over-populated with men who have some sort of quirk where they can't get along in a normal fashion. They often can't get along well with men, either.

It's just that when you remove most of the decent people from a population, that concentrates the dregs.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:15 PM

Whew, the above post quotes is so sad, but true. My housemate likes women, he's a friend, and he recently found a nice girlfriend who is fairly recently widowed. I'm seeing a whole different side of him. He also has a few other solid female friends. He likes women and likes being around them. That being said, he's solidly male - whatever that means! You know, the traditional male-oriented stuff. Has a couple male friends he has his male companionship with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
A lot of men like women, but most of them are already married or in a good long term relationship. The dating world is over-populated with men who have some sort of quirk where they can't get along in a normal fashion. They often can't get along well with men, either.
Yes. A lot of them don't like themselves, so of course it's impossible for them to like or get along with a woman (or man).

Old 11-13-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
You have to be careful, some men want a woman around to do the housework and cook so they don't have to do it for themselves. My cousin's coworkers are always telling him to find a girlfriend to do the housework for him, and my cousin tells me all his coworkers are cheating on their female partners. (this was pre-covid).
That's disgusting and unfortunately true in a lot of situations. I dated a guy who only wanted a dinner partner, and someone to drag along to gatherings because he only socialized with couples. Well, he wanted sex too but he was unable to perform and blamed it on me. It was a really strange experience. He was unable to perform because of age and medications he was taking. ED drugs did not work. I don't think he likes women. He loved his wife who died, but his values are money and status, not human relationships and he doesn't really understand or want to deal with women. I was told his wife was long-suffering. I have no doubt she was based upon my brief experience with him.

A lot of men lash out when women try to talk about or resolve these issues, and that's yet another thing that is off-putting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships