Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 03:35 PM

4,857 posts, read 3,286,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post
I’ve read more than enough posts here and on Reddit on how men just want a pretty face and fertility. Anything beyond that, they merely tolerate. As a recently single woman, I’m becoming more and more dismayed at the idea of dating again. Why should I strive to date and be in relationships with people that do not like the very core of who I am?

So…do men actually like women as people?
I much prefer the company of women over men, in almost any situation.

Old 11-13-2022, 03:41 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
I like socializing with men, but I think one of the things that many men need to understand is that a lot of women don't like locker room talk, and I've noticed that some men get pretty explicit. Save that for when it's just the guys. Show some respect. When I was younger I used to stay quiet so I could be perceived as cool, now I just ask politely to save it.

Old 11-13-2022, 03:49 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
We certainly are!

Old 11-13-2022, 04:11 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lair8 View Post
I cant generalize an entire gender, either men or women. It depends on the individual person.

Yes there is a lot of misogyny out there and your concerns are valid but there are many good men out there too.

That being said, forums like reddit are a vocal minority. They dont accurately represent real life. There are millions of men and women in real life who are in happy relationships. Reddit is a disproportionate sample because many of the happy successful people arent posting there; it’s the bitter ones with no social lives that spend all day spreading vitriol on the internet.
The bolded is very much worth repeating.

Happy well-adjusted people don’t spew hatred on the internet.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:16 PM

846 posts, read 684,328 times
To answer the question personally. It depends on the person and I try not to generalize. But on average, id say i like women a bit more than men

Old 11-13-2022, 04:31 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,174 times
I like women just fine, and try to give most people the benefit of the doubt regardless of gender.

Does that mean I want to be in a relationship, live or have a family with one? Nope. I'm perfectly capable of messing up my life without any help.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:43 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
Quote:
I’ve read more than enough posts here and on Reddit on how men just want a pretty face and fertility. Anything beyond that, they merely tolerate. As a recently single woman, I’m becoming more and more dismayed at the idea of dating again. Why should I strive to date and be in relationships with people that do not like the very core of who I am?

I certainly do. I have as many women friends as men friends, and they are friends because I enjoy their company and we share some interests. And yes, I do like some women as sex partners in addition to a deep and mutually satisfying connection.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:59 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
... l say l can't even fathom some of the attitudes you see about in forums but most men l know married or in close relationships love the women in their lives for everything they are as l do myself.
It takes all kinds to make a world.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:28 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:

We don't like what women have became, not women as a whole.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:29 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
We have two threads that essentially ask the same question: do men really like women?

My question: why is this a question asked by so many women?

Where is the thread Do Women Really Like Men? asked by a man? Almost non-existent.

Because who cares? And it's impossible to answer for half the population of the earth anyway.

Lots of men like women for reasons beyond sex. Not all men are on the hunt once they get beyond their twenties and some weren't even then. Most men are married, in some cultures to more than one wife.

A friend of ours had his wife up and leave him after 30+ years of marriage this past year. We saw him last weekend, he was with an attractive companion. He told my husband "Man's gotta be with a woman" like it was the most self-evident aspect of life on the planet. My husband totally agreed.

It's been my observation that this is how most men feel, they like being with women.

But that doesn't mean they're going to act like women, why should they, they're men.

Woman who worry and wonder about whether the "men" of the world genuinely like women or not could instead relate to the men in their personal sphere on an individual basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships