Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 09:51 AM

11,788 posts, read 12,024,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Just simply ask her. "Hey, are you still married or what?". She will tell you either way. She's most probably separated and if so, she still needs time to heal. I wouldn't pursue her right now, she will be emotionally unavailable to you until enough time goes by that her heart and mind are not still "busy" with her EX.
She's also living with her parents and her newborn. Not sure how eager her parents would be to babysit the infant so she can date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 12:51 PM

31 posts, read 25,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Just simply ask her. "Hey, are you still married or what?". She will tell you either way. She's most probably separated and if so, she still needs time to heal. I wouldn't pursue her right now, she will be emotionally unavailable to you until enough time goes by that her heart and mind are not still "busy" with her EX.
For whatever it's worth, I was able to officially see for myself today that she's not wearing any rings.

But when would be the time to pursue her? When will I know that she's feeling ready to jump back into dating? I just don't want to miss a potential window of opportunity.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:16 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyMcTatty View Post
...Does it sound like she's single now? And what's my best option for making a move on someone who appears to be recently divorced or separated?

Not necessarily. She may not have even started divorce proceedings for all you know. But of course, it's none of anyone's business to know if she's actually divorced or not. I guess if she really likes YOU, she'll tell you the truth if she wants to start dating you.

But, if you ask her out & keep getting the runaround, she's stalling, or she doesn't seem to want to tell you things, etc., & she's not being up front by simply saying, I can't start dating yet, I'd forget the whole thing because she's obviously NOT ready to start dating again.

I wouldn't want to date anyone w/ babies/kids anyway.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:59 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyMcTatty View Post
For whatever it's worth, I was able to officially see for myself today that she's not wearing any rings.

But when would be the time to pursue her? When will I know that she's feeling ready to jump back into dating? I just don't want to miss a potential window of opportunity.
Being single and being available aren't the same thing. If you're going to ignore everyone's advice about dating a colleague, the least you could do is invite her for coffee and catch up with her with no agenda. If you're work friends, then she'll be open about what's going on with her life, but don't pry and don't be creepy.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:13 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
So, do I have this right? Maybe still married, or separated, with a small chance of JUST being divorced. This is recent. Co worker. New mother with infant. Living with parents.

What in the world are people thinking.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:23 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,296,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So, do I have this right? Maybe still married, or separated, with a small chance of JUST being divorced. This is recent. Co worker. New mother with infant. Living with parents.

What in the world are people thinking.
Yes. So if you can't get her off your mind, do like everyone, including me, has suggested, and ask her for a coffee - AND NOTHING ELSE - just as you would a friend you hadn't seen for awhile. Don't spend more than an hour with her. Ask her what she's doing back here - after all if she just showed up you are maybe entitled to ask a question or two.

Don't think about dating, flirting, all that stuff. This is about two friends catching up. NO MORE.

Leave anything else for later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships