Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 12:27 AM

5 posts, read 5,154 times

Advertisements

Read a lot of posts, write their own opposite-sex soul mate, how to help their own life troubles, and even become a spiritual pillar, Do u think you can really have opposite-sex soul mate? Pure friendship, not beyond the public order and good custom, and no words do not talk, become a bosom friend, really can exist? That's true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 12:30 AM

104 posts, read 71,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevaandliu.7 View Post
Read a lot of posts, write their own opposite-sex soul mate, how to help their own life troubles, and even become a spiritual pillar, Do u think you can really have opposite-sex soul mate? Pure friendship, not beyond the public order and good custom, and no words do not talk, become a bosom friend, really can exist? That's true?
A soulmate wouldn't be a pure friendship. It's actually a special relationship and unique bonding between with a romantic partner.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:03 AM

5 posts, read 5,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialBeeSarah View Post
A soulmate wouldn't be a pure friendship. It's actually a special relationship and unique bonding between with a romantic partner.
Yes,i think so

Old 12-09-2022, 02:06 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,790,608 times
Why oh WHY do so many people separate friendship from a 'romantic' relationship?

If one can no longer have sex for whatever reason, WHY does that mean that the 'romance' is gone?

A 'soulmate' can easily be a pure friendship. No sex and/or romance involved.

Why some think they can't have that is beyond me...

Old 12-09-2022, 04:35 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Why oh WHY do so many people separate friendship from a 'romantic' relationship?

If one can no longer have sex for whatever reason, WHY does that mean that the 'romance' is gone?

A 'soulmate' can easily be a pure friendship. No sex and/or romance involved.

Why some think they can't have that is beyond me...
It’s fine if both parties aren’t involved with someone else. I knew a woman who considered her ex-husband a soulmate up until she passed away

Old 12-09-2022, 07:30 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Maybe. If you live long enough you will discover it is possible to have several soulmate relationships, platonically and romantically. There is no single answer to your question.

Part of that kind of closeness requires two people who are able to communicate and share their thoughts on a wide variety of topics. It also requires an emotional connection.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:10 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,042,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevaandliu.7 View Post
I personally do not believe in 'soul mates'. If God had a soul mate for everyone, we would all be in perfect marriages and there would be no divorce, cheating, chaos, etc. I once saw a post from a 75 year old man "Looking for my Soul Mate". Hmmm...... don't you think God would have given her to him a little sooner?

Now I do believe that if you are super compatible and click and committed to each other, you can build an extremely close relationship that would be (to you and him only) the perfect relationship/marriage. To me, that would be the closest thing to having a soul mate.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:20 AM

9,384 posts, read 8,356,698 times
Soul mate means that there is exactly one person on this planet for you and you're both perfectly compatible. That's a fairy tale and does not exist. Can you meet someone who you love dearly and get along with great? Sure. But to say there is only one of those people out of 8 billion people is not reality.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:51 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
I don't believe in soulmates. You either meet people you like and like you or you don't. It's not that deep.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:56 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Well, personally, I'm not going to have one of the same gender, so.

Of course I don't believe in souls. Not really superstitious, personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships