Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 01:38 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,674,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Oh, gosh. I wish I could unsee that thread.

Sorry, don't have any advice.
What, do you think old women are disgusting or something? I don't.

Old 12-09-2022, 01:39 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,737,232 times
Have a go at it. If it works fine. If not no big deal. At your age what do you have to lose?

Old 12-09-2022, 01:40 PM

2,972 posts, read 1,644,194 times
Will Mike the ladies man, the lover boy be exclusive with you if you have sex with him?

Only way to know is to take the plunge.

If you bond easily over sex you might want to acknowledge that about yourself. Do you really want another heart break? I've only had one and it was horrible. Don't want to do that again.

But if you can remain somewhat detached until you and Mike figure it out, go for it and enjoy his company.

Old 12-09-2022, 01:51 PM

217 posts, read 149,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Will Mike the ladies man, the lover boy be exclusive with you if you have sex with him?

If you bond easily over sex you might want to acknowledge that about yourself. Do you really want another heart break? I've only had one and it was horrible. Don't want to do that again.

But if you can remain somewhat detached until you and Mike figure it out, go for it and enjoy his company.
Why do you have to have heart break over sex ? People (especially elderly) can have tons of love without sex - it’s all good either way. Sure sex is way better when it’s with someone you like, but if you didn’t like them why have sex with with them ? If I don’t like the service at restaurant, don’t go back.

Unfortunately, many of the “good old days “ had way too much shame about sex. Shame hurt many many people who simply wanted to express their needs in a healthy normal fashion.

Old 12-09-2022, 01:56 PM

2,972 posts, read 1,644,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinpuncher View Post
Why do you have to have heart break over sex ? People (especially elderly) can have tons of love without sex - it’s all good either way. Sure sex is way better when it’s with someone you like, but if you didn’t like them why have sex with with them ? If I don’t like the service at restaurant, don’t go back.

Unfortunately, many of the “good old days “ had way too much shame about sex. Shame hurt many many people who simply wanted to express their needs in a healthy normal fashion.
Because when some people have sex emotions get involved, this is especially true for women, less so with men.

It becomes more than expressing a normal healthy need. People become bonded emotionally. And when one doesn't feel the same emotional intensity and moves on, the other one is hurt.

It's not about shame, it's about feelings for another person who doesn't feel the same way back.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:01 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,421,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Maybe your ex told him you are a freak in the bedroom. Maybe he's a womanizer, maybe not. Either way, you are both consenting adults.
Yeah, I figure how bad could it be? If it's not going to work out, I guess we would both realize that soon enough. I know he works a lot, so I don't imagine he would take up too much of my time.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
What, do you think old women are disgusting or something? I don't.
Haha, yeah that is obviously what she thinks. Fortunately, not all men agree.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:03 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Mike is a player and he wants a piece of ass.
^^ THIS ^^ If a man came right out and told me he wanted to have sex with me before we had even been on a date I would be turned off. He's just looking for sex and if you're okay with that, go for it. I'm 67 and would prefer to date someone 58-65 but unless I lie about my age on dating sites, I'm not going to get a lot of hits if a guy puts down he's looking for somebody 55-65 even though I'm always told I look younger than I am.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Have a go at it. If it works fine. If not no big deal. At your age what do you have to lose?
At my age? The same I would have to lose at any age, I guess. Except I am not looking to have babies or be supported. I can be happy alone, just having friends. A BF is just a plus, if it's the right one.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post

Yes I can get attached, and I know heart break can be bad. But previous guy sort of broke my heart, a little, and I got over it fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships