Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 05:35 PM

126 posts, read 59,411 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I would like to start dating more.

I am 30 years old, stable job, transportation ect.

Have been single for about 3 years now (was in long term with high school sweet heart)

seeking a long term relationship.

Any tips on where to meet women in person.

I don't have a exciting social life. I have about 2 good friends. Our activities are usually going on walks, bike rides, hikes.

I've been getting really lonely recently and I don't have many friends.

I would like a woman younger then me.

I do not want to meet a woman at the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 05:57 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
You seem to have a love for the outdoors. Maybe expand those activities into groups beyond your just two good friends. Maybe a hiking or cycling group locally. One of the advantages of those groups is that you already have a known common interest.

Old 04-18-2023, 06:09 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,637,449 times
A great way to meet fun people of all ages is to volunteer at a local community theatre. Performance talent isn't needed, there are all sorts of backstage jobs, it's actually more fun backstage. But also people are needed to work the lights, paint and build scenery, costumes, etc. No one is expected to know these things at first, but shown how things are done.

The run of show is a festive time as well, lots of people come to shows. Rehearsals are interesting and people often get together after rehearsal or socialize at each other's houses. It's a fun creative way to make friends.

Old 04-18-2023, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You seem to have a love for the outdoors. Maybe expand those activities into groups beyond your just two good friends. Maybe a hiking or cycling group locally. One of the advantages of those groups is that you already have a known common interest.
sweet this sounds like a good way to stay fit as well, ill look around for a large popular group.

Old 04-18-2023, 06:22 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Since OP doesn't seem to have an issue with actually asking women out on dates Mod cut., it's all a numbers game and putting yourself out there to meet women.

There's no big secret or special advice on meeting women, it's simply being out there in situations where you meet many people including potential dates.

7 best places to meet single women

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-19-2023 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 04-18-2023, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
A great way to meet fun people of all ages is to volunteer at a local community theatre. Performance talent isn't needed, there are all sorts of backstage jobs, it's actually more fun backstage. But also people are needed to work the lights, paint and build scenery, costumes, etc. No one is expected to know these things at first, but shown how things are done.

The run of show is a festive time as well, lots of people come to shows. Rehearsals are interesting and people often get together after rehearsal or socialize at each other's houses. It's a fun creative way to make friends.
I never thought about this one, there is one pretty close to where i grew up. Ill call and ask them right now. how did you come up with this one? have you tried it?

i just applied to my local one online , sounds fun.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,637,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalmanzar1 View Post
I never thought about this one, there is one pretty close to where i grew up. Ill call and ask them right now. how did you come up with this one? have you tried it?

i just applied to my local one online , sounds fun.
I've been interested in theatre since I was a kid.

We were active in a regional community theatre for many years, in every aspect even box office.

We only stopped bc we moved away but it was fun for years. Lots of great shows. We saw lots of romances, a couple of marriages and one divorce (unfortunately).

I think it's great you signed up! Maybe you'll try acting eventually. Hope you enjoy it.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Since OP doesn't seem to have an issue with actually asking women out on dates (unlike 90% of guys on here too scared of their own shadows to ask the 'love' of their life for her phone number), it's all a numbers game and putting yourself out there to meet women.

There's no big secret or special advice on meeting women, it's simply being out there in situations where you meet many people including potential dates.

7 best places to meet single women
yea lately i just go for it even if im nervous. Thank you ill check it out.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
I've been interested in theatre since I was a kid.

We were active in a regional community theatre for many years, in every aspect even box office.

We only stopped bc we moved away but it was fun for years. Lots of great shows. We saw lots of romances, a couple of marriages and one divorce (unfortunately).

I think it's great you signed up! Maybe you'll try acting eventually. Hope you enjoy it.
have you tried looking for one in your area?

Ive been trying really hard to get over my fear of public speaking. that would be amazing to try acting haha.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:48 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
How have you worked on your anxious attachment issues in the past two weeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships