Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 AM

67 posts, read 199,093 times

Advertisements

My fiancee said to me the other night, "there are people lined up to date me".
So basically she's telling me that she's wanted by other guys.
So as a truditional guy (no pre-marital sex) I felt insulted.
Kind of like I settled for you and I could have gotten someone better.
So I haven't spoken to her in 2 days.
Do I contintue not speaking to her or wait for her to appologize or break it off?
I don't know, just feel insulted and I feel like she's telling me that she could do better etc, etc.

SORRY, I MEAN GUYS & GALLS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper View Post
Do I contintue not speaking to her or wait for her to appologize or break it off?
I don't know, just feel insulted and I feel like she's telling me that she could do better etc, etc.
you did the right thing,go get at least one other girl lined up to take her place.Bet she changes her tune real quick cause no matter what a woman says they like competition and not having their guy on a string..........

Any woman gives you grief show them the door and if they really leave then say oh well and move on..........

Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
How old are the two of you? How long did you date before getting engaged?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:56 AM

67 posts, read 199,093 times
we're both 30, we knew each other for 2 yrs before getting engaged

Old 05-30-2008, 11:04 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,988 times
Quote:
You should break it off because neither one of you is fit for marriage.

First her: yes, what she said was insulting. More significantly, it is indicative of selfishness, shallowness, and immaturity that should give serious pause. Is this the first time she's said something so vain and callous?

Now you: So you're pouting, not speaking to her and waiting for an apology. How old are you? Three? If you have a problem, talk about it. Don't act like a child. And would you seriously consider breaking an engagement after one rude comment? Your behavior suggests immaturity, too.

Finally, there will be some who will disagree with me but I do not think two people in the U.S. should marry today who have not had sex. Sex is too important -- and compatibility issues too significant -- to begin exploring after you're hitched.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:07 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
that would **** me off too,you did right.Be her puppet and you are doomed.Make her chase you or make her a bit insecure so she feels she needs to "try" and you'll be better off.

Im not saying be a ass,just don't take her sh*t.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM

22,233 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
I felt insulted.

SORRY, I MEAN GUYS & GALLS
It sounds to me like an insensitive immature thing for your fiancee to say, I too would feel hurt and upset and insulted. I would definitely see it as a red flag and useful information for you to have in deciding whether or not to go forward with the marriage, or break it off, or give yourself x amount of time to wait and then decide.

A good starting point in talking to her would be to say what you just said above to us in the post, "Honey, I feel insulted and I feel like you're telling me that you could have gotten someone better. My feelings are hurt. And I'm angry and upset." (or whatever) See how she responds. Be honest with yourself.

Sounds like you could do better with someone in the kindness department. I think if a fellow has enough respect for a woman to wait until after marriage for sex, he deserves respect in return.

Best wishes to you and a good life.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:12 AM

169 posts, read 538,150 times
hmmm..... Was there a reason for saying what she said or was it just out of the blue? Personally, It sucks but I wouldn't call, at least not for a couple more days. if she doesn't realize that what you said was insulting, then try to move on....not telling you what to do of course.

Next time just say..."oh yeah? That's great because I also have my list. Why don't you call one?"

Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 AM

22,233 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
get at least one other girl lined up to take her place. no matter what a woman says they like competition
I totally disagree with the above post, which sounds like really manipulative immature behavior and advice. The guy i the opening post sounds like he has more class than this, and more class than the woman who is acting like the above post. Games like that above are a sign of immaturity. Maybe the crowd lionking hangs out with acts that way, but there are a lot of people (men and women) who are more mature than that, and with more healthy ways of doing relationship.

If a guy insists on having a stable of fillies, i let him have them, i'm not interested.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-30-2008 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM

169 posts, read 538,150 times
is she conceited? Sounds like it. Trying to make you jealous or something? I do agree that at one point you should tell her how you feel. I'd just give it another day....Then lay it out there. Hopefully she'll be begging you for forgivness...if not....there's your answer. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships