Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 03:45 PM

598 posts, read 328,991 times

Advertisements

Incompatible. She just didn't like immaturity and wanted someone sensitive after what she’s been through and you were not attracting her but putting her off you. I’m not sure too many women enjoy that breezy, angry, dismissive, sexist, objectifying tone. It comes off as having deep seated anger from some other experience that is surfacing in child like ways. Since you are older than her…makes you seem stunted.

One thing is when I think a guy is “stupid”, I can’t take him seriously. Sometimes it’s an attitude or a joke or a reaction, or being unkind or disrespecting elders or blowing up at a stranger. Or getting into brawls or drinking in excess even eating like a slob in excess or liking dumb things or laughing at serious things or getting mad about dumb things or even a sense of humor- attraction is a delicate thing, it’s not forgiving. I am not saying YOU are stupid, but women just have less tolerance usually for immature acts unless she is like that and this woman is clearly a sensitive person so she needs someone in sync.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:47 PM

6,907 posts, read 4,924,585 times
^^^What Ghobi said.

I find your posts off putting. I can see why it could happen in real life. She's made one mistake with a man. She's probably determined not to make another.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:02 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,961,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
She doesn’t want to put up with your mood swings, which will only get worse, not better. I wouldn't either.
And a lot of people don't like complainers, even very low key ones.

I once mentioned that I didn't like a meal I'd had, to a guy who was a friend of a man I was dating who died. A few of us went out to dinner at Howard Johnson's (1972) right off the freeway after a trip to somewhere. I thought he was way over-reacting. I wasn't being nasty or rude, just mentioned that I didn't like it. He got angry and chewed me out. The man turned out to be a very snippy high strung person who my deceased bf had worked with (a co-worker). Not someone I would keep as a friend just because he was connected to my deceased bf.

When I complain about things, I usually put in a positive qualifier which works to mollify people.

Like I said, some people don't like complainers. But hopefully if this is a pattern OP, you'll learn to tone down the talk about things you don't like.

Some people clam up and then have to be drawn out as to what they are upset about. It seems like a cultural norm to dislike anyone else being unhappy about something - even when it is warranted. You should have been able to talk it out but... the Only Fans thing was a bit over the top even if others were being crude. Straightforward answers to strangers works better until you are more acquainted with them.

Old 06-10-2023, 06:27 PM

124 posts, read 77,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I don't think she called it quits over that. People get angry it happens. You're a human being you have emotions I'm betting it was something else that put her off and that was just something she remembers very well
Agreed. She wasn't into him for whatever her reasons and it was just easier for her to pick 2 or 3 negatives that she witnessed than to lay out the true reason(s).

Old 06-10-2023, 07:08 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,240,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Drive View Post
Agreed. She wasn't into him for whatever her reasons and it was just easier for her to pick 2 or 3 negatives that she witnessed than to lay out the true reason(s).
I think people do this to spare feelings. I don't think it really matters why they don't want to be with you just be glad they had the decency to end it.

Old 06-11-2023, 12:19 AM

1,440 posts, read 738,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The comments you made about the old lady as well as your former gf suggest some underlying anger/hostility that you're not dealing with. She picked up on it and didn't like it. These things don't get better with time until the person recognizes what's going on and does something about it. She's probably picking up on this hostility that you seem unaware of. It probably made her feel unsafe.
I'm super chill I hardly ever lose my temper, but one of the few things that will set me off is someone damaging or disrespecting my property as everything I own I have to struggle scrimp and save to get, so most nice things I have are not easily replaced.

So I understand where the OP is coming from in the case he described.

Old 06-11-2023, 05:28 AM

7,602 posts, read 4,182,286 times
I think the anger comments come from his escalation of the conflict. Even if he made the comment about the old lady privately, from an outsider's perspective, his words can be viewed as increasing anger within. When will it stop? When will self-reflection begin?

As the saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. So, yes, the old lady was wrong to hit the car. But what led to that? It was the fact that he couldn't see things from another person's perspective. Here is what he said in the OP.

Quote:
she felt like I was going to hit her in a McDonalds drive through, (I wasn't)
That's a red flag in a relationship. It was okay for the old lady to feel like she was going to be hit. If a person is terrible at considering the perspective of others, I would start learning how to apologize. That is an attempt to de-escalate the situation.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:47 PM

30,909 posts, read 37,042,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileSauceCritic View Post
I'm super chill I hardly ever lose my temper, but one of the few things that will set me off is someone damaging or disrespecting my property as everything I own I have to struggle scrimp and save to get, so most nice things I have are not easily replaced.

So I understand where the OP is coming from in the case he described.
Regardless of who is right or wrong, she perceived anger and it made her feel unsafe, so she dumped him.

Old 06-11-2023, 04:46 PM

50,432 posts, read 64,199,369 times
Bottom line is, you have nothing but excuses for your behavior, and when you are called out on it, you blame the other person. You just keep being you, and you will get the same result.

Old 06-11-2023, 05:01 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,240,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Bottom line is, you have nothing but excuses for your behavior, and when you are called out on it, you blame the other person. You just keep being you, and you will get the same result.
Disagree, one doesn't need an excuse for the behavior he exhibited as it you shouldn't be problematic.

I don't think the girl left because of these reasons and I think she just lied to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships