Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 02:42 PM

43,156 posts, read 18,318,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
For the few of you jumping down on me…. Imagine going through all your life thinking Christians are decent people until you actually date one…. He was the 1st Christian I dated and unfortunately it turned out badly…. Never would’ve thought a Christian would have serious anger issues.

He never drank, smoked, or did illicit drugs. No tattoos either on himself… Thought he was the perfect guy.

I used to be one of those people who thought why don’t she just leave when it comes to abusive relationships. Until you been in one, you don’t know hard it is to leave for good.
Everyone has to learn for themselves. Didn't you ?
Maybe it won't take her 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2023, 02:43 PM

24,610 posts, read 10,936,326 times
This is high school. You broke up with him. He had a new one. You started stirring the pot. How much more childish can it get? Sending pictures of damage to a wall due to a tantrum. Letting the world know maybe?
Either cut him loose, stay out of it or move in with him. What do you get out of being a strap hanger?

Old 06-09-2023, 02:49 PM

9,415 posts, read 8,388,669 times
Quote:
For the few of you jumping down on me…. Imagine going through all your life thinking Christians are decent people until you actually date one…. He was the 1st Christian I dated and unfortunately it turned out badly…. Never would’ve thought a Christian would have serious anger issues.

He never drank, smoked, or did illicit drugs. No tattoos either on himself… Thought he was the perfect guy.

I used to be one of those people who thought why don’t she just leave when it comes to abusive relationships. Until you been in one, you don’t know hard it is to leave for good.
As a proud atheist I am going to step in here. His religion has absolutely zilch to do with his emotional outbursts. His belief in God doesn't mean he possesses super powers. Religious people are just as prone to mistakes as everyone else. This sounds more like a dig on Christianity than anything else. Which, hey, I won't disagree with on many levels but it seems misplaced here.

But I agree with others here, you seem to thrive on drama. You said mature people stay in contact after they break up, really? Even after the guy basically scared you out of a romantic relationship?

I'm confused by this as well. Not sure the point. He sounds like an angry dude, just move on.

Old 06-09-2023, 02:51 PM

19,655 posts, read 12,248,543 times
I had an ex that would throw things like that. Like it was no big deal. He'd say oh I was so mad I threw the phone and broke it, tee-hee. He never ever hit me or anyone, it was more like a toddler having a tantrum throwing his toys around. And that is how I saw him, as a big child, and not very attractive as a partner or a man.

Old 06-09-2023, 02:52 PM

927 posts, read 760,532 times
Do not react to these posters. Look up Grey Rocking as how to deal with Narcissists. Your trauma is making you react to them. It will never go right. This kind of man is like a scammer, they want to see how much you can take. They think "Maybe I've found a submissive at last."

Old 06-09-2023, 03:28 PM

592 posts, read 324,285 times
Quote:

Are you serious? Any liar can claim to be pious. See their behavior- he lies, he’s angry, violent, cheater, abusive, using, threatening, stalking, narcissistic— STOP listening to his WORDS he is brainwashing you. Deprogramming is what you need, zero contact. Un-addict yourself.

What is hard about leaving a liar, cheat, abuser, user who pretends to be pious? Sounds disgusting.

If you think you cannot find better, then your self esteem needs repair, take time to heal and get help, but any normal person is better than this damaged ill ex who should have stayed in your past.

And you cannot repair or fix him. He is a real distraction from yourself, escapism. Those things are often why people get sucked in by vampires, they have a huge void inside and can’t begin to address it or their other traumas or fears so they think they can focus on something or someone else. Sometimes it’s drugs or substances or a person. It is a crutch. You have to accept you have a void and fill it in a healthier way than pedestalizing who you date or some other savior. You have to accept being stuck with yourself and facing yourself until that isn’t traumatic or terrifying …but comfortable, natural, peace giving.

Old 06-09-2023, 03:33 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,115,870 times
Quote:

Being Christian doesn't automatically make one a good person. Plenty of bad people in this world claim to be Christians or hide behind it to wash themselves of culpability for the way they lead their lives. It is good to seek a person of religious faith if that is important to you. However, seek the person that walks the walk not just talks the talk.

Yes. It can be hard to leave. However, you chose to remain in contact. You chose to insert yourself into his business. You continue to create the drama. You chose to create this thread to further fester your thoughts.

I still fail to see the intent or purpose of posting what seems to be simply an account of a bad relationship experience. What exactly are you seeking to discuss? It seems you were seeking validation because now you seem to be upset. You are not getting the response you wanted.

Old 06-09-2023, 03:34 PM

29,525 posts, read 22,688,988 times
I, a woman tried ending my FWB situation but he’s not respecting my decision.

Old 06-09-2023, 03:40 PM

22,606 posts, read 47,717,056 times
Quote:
For the few of you jumping down on me…. Imagine going through all your life thinking Christians are decent people until you actually date one…. .
There are good and bad Christians, just like there are good and bad Muslims, and good and bad any other religion, race, political party, any other label you can put on people.

Old 06-09-2023, 09:04 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
I recently went no contact with a “Christian” man I knew 10 years.
The last straw that broke the camel’s back was when we were having an awful disagreement via text conversation. He went into a rage of anger and punched 2 holes in the wall and threatened to punch more holes. He sent me pictures. It scared the crap out of me. I watched Tik Tok videos about men getting angry then punching holes. It almost always escalates from there. Later that night, I had nightmares.

After things calmed down, I told him that I was blocking him outta of my life…. His response was a cold one acting like he didn’t care. Maybe he didn’t think I was serious.
Why did some nut job breaking his own stuff in his own home all alone scare you? You two had been broken up for over a year and a half. You were only texting him, not in the same room or house or even on the same block as him. How could "it" escalate, if you were broken up, and safe and sound at home? If he wants to burn down his own home, it has nothing to do with you. You need to put this guy out of your mind and get on with your life.

Perhaps consider getting some counseling, and maybe some treatment for emotional trauma (the nightmares after watching the TikTok videos, and seeing the photos he sent you) with an EMDR practitioner. A relatively short series of sessions could help calm you after the fact, and help you put this behind you, unless you want to go deeper, to explore why you stayed involved with this guy on one level or another for 10 years. That would take a longer commitment to counseling. Maybe your extended experience with this man was a sort of wake-up call to do some deep reflection.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-09-2023 at 10:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships