Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 12:18 PM

841 posts, read 552,712 times

Advertisements

Not sure how to answer that one. I did OLD in 2021 after I filed for divorce and probably spent less than 4 hours total on the actual app over a couple of weeks. I had to keep deactivating the profile to stop the 'hi' messages. Each time I logged on though, I picked one person and tried to get to know them. I think I talked to 6 in all. (I'm not counting those that I exchanged general pleasantries with but knew quickly I was not interested in dating them or got the feeling they were just looking for hook ups.) Three of those ended up in basically single dates and then I said I wasn't interested in another date. Not bad people, just no chemistry. Two people I never met in person and probably should have not even wasted my time talking to them. Number 6 was at the end of week 2. We actually talked 12 hours between Thursday when we matched and Saturday when we met in person. We were 'facebook official' as a couple probably a week later and got married earlier this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 12:40 PM

2,071 posts, read 1,038,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codejunkie View Post
I have been using tinder, bumble and hinge etc. and while I get dates I often end up not feeling a connection after a few dates. How many hours do you usually swipe before you start seeing results?
Let's see... you should probably see more bone structure in only a week or two, unless, of course, you swipe all the time. In that case, you should see fast results and skinny fingers in no time!

Old 06-22-2023, 01:09 PM

147 posts, read 111,692 times
I maybe picky but sadly 90% is a no.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:16 PM

2,035 posts, read 852,699 times
I have literally watched how women use these apps. Average, normal, not ultra hot women….. and I can tell you with absolute certainty that if you’re not of a certain rank when it comes to being a man you are wasting your time on those apps. And yes I understand there’s not enough men that meet that criteria for the women? But the women know this, and would rather share said high ranking man with however many women he chooses then go out with a dude who is an equal match for them. I’ve seen it, I’ve witnessed it, it’s a real phenomenon. Top 10% of men are getting all the dates and yes, bonking all the women, who simply do not care.

I am currently in the top 10% so I know this also from the other side. However due to a recent injury in my inability to work out currently I may be slipping out of that top 10% as my body fat is creeping up and I’m getting a little soft. Lol

Old 07-10-2023, 08:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
I went on dates with three guys before I met my boyfriend. I rejoined FB dating after the last one didn’t pan out. Met my now boyfriend the same day.
We’ve been together for almost a year.

But I have to say I rejected close to 600 matches across Facebook and Tinder.
My profile was very specific (no drunks and no potheads/drug users) but they still swiped right for me…not sure why. So it’s not like I rejected perfect matches for no reason.

I wrote exactly what I was looking for as not to waste anyone’s time but I think guys would just look at my pictures and swipe right without reading anything.

Old 07-12-2023, 02:21 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
You’ve gotten dates off it youre not doing that bad.

I’ve never even gotten a date off of old.

Old 07-12-2023, 02:23 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codejunkie View Post
I have been using tinder, bumble and hinge etc. and while I get dates I often end up not feeling a connection after a few dates. How many hours do you usually swipe before you start seeing results?
Tender bumble and hinge didn't exist when I was using these. But the entire time probably about an hour or two every three days from nobody went on several dates. Nothing.

I would tell you to forget about those but it's kind of hard in the world we live in.

As I understanding bumble is the website where women make the first move and I think hinge is that way but I'm not certain. And I would ask are you a man or a woman?

Old 07-12-2023, 05:39 PM

595 posts, read 264,001 times
Three.

Oh, wait, that's the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

[crunch]

I tend to think those sites and apps have played a huge role in damaging social interaction, creating unrealistic expectations, and fostering throw-away mentality (you find one itty-bitty thing that doesn't fit your exact specifications and you throw the person away), but they're here to stay. Wish I had more to offer you but my experience with them was pretty awful. Lots of married people looking to cheat, lots of people who misrepresented themselves through old pictures and lies on their profiles, and lots of people who got really nasty and verbally abusive when I politely told them I didn't think we had enough in common to give it a go. That was in 2014. I'm guessing it's even worse now, with people being ever more uncivil online in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships