Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you marry someone that you have never met but have connected emotionally?
Yes 1 3.45%
No 28 96.55%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 11:21 AM

147 posts, read 112,170 times

Advertisements

If anyone have watched the show " Love is blind" . Is a social experiment where single men and women look for love and get engaged, all before meeting in person.

For 10 days, the men and women date each other in purpose-built "pods" where they can talk to each other through a speaker but not see each other. They are initially paired in a speed-dating format, but later can choose to have longer dates. The daters may extend a marriage proposal whenever they feel ready. A couple meets face to face only after a marriage proposal is accepted.

Would you do this? I guess my only concern is If there's any attraction . I dont think I can continue If I am not attracted to the person . Then again it seems like some do stay and see if the attraction would grow but for the most part it doesn't worked out as the attraction doesn't grow at all.

I believe that if you are not attracted to the person in the first place , no matter how much you get along emotionally. It will never worked out....

What's your take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2023, 11:37 AM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times
Well, I wouldn't do it. Physical attractiveness is quite important to me, and I want to date ladies with a certain "vibe" that I can't suss out except in person.

That and I'm not actively seeking to marry again.

But that's just me.

Old 06-27-2023, 11:38 AM

2,027 posts, read 985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post

What's your take?
It's a dumb reality show masquerading as a social experiment.

Old 06-27-2023, 11:59 AM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
What's your take?
A reality show is NOT real life.

Old 06-27-2023, 12:39 PM

4,527 posts, read 2,669,541 times
This is like folks complaining that â€Superman†isn't realistic. Come on! You're talking about a guy who can fly, see through walls, and bullets bounce off him, and you're worried that it's not REALISTIC?

OP, you have confused a TeeVee entertainment product with real life. Don't you remember when you were a wee lad or lass, and your parents would read you a story and then point out â€that's just a story; little children's grandmothers don't REALLY get eaten by wolves who then impersonate the grandmotherâ€...????

Old 06-27-2023, 12:40 PM

416 posts, read 534,823 times
"Married at First Sight" series seems to prove you need more than compatibility on paper. Producers seem to focus on 30 somethings who have failed at relationships but by that age people are set in their selfish ways. A few in their 20`s act like teenagers. Not much maturity or willingness to change.

Old 06-27-2023, 01:11 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,042,443 times
Quote:
If anyone have watched the show " Love is blind" . Is a social experiment where single men and women look for love and get engaged, all before meeting in person.

For 10 days, the men and women date each other in purpose-built "pods" where they can talk to each other through a speaker but not see each other. They are initially paired in a speed-dating format, but later can choose to have longer dates. The daters may extend a marriage proposal whenever they feel ready. A couple meets face to face only after a marriage proposal is accepted.

Would you do this? I guess my only concern is If there's any attraction . I dont think I can continue If I am not attracted to the person . Then again it seems like some do stay and see if the attraction would grow but for the most part it doesn't worked out as the attraction doesn't grow at all.

I believe that if you are not attracted to the person in the first place , no matter how much you get along emotionally. It will never worked out....

What's your take?
I think that God must be really disappointed at us with the way things are happening in the world of dating, marriage and divorce.

As for my oppinion on your topic, I agree with you. You can sit and talk and laugh and have fun with someone and possibly have some of those type attractions, which are important too. But, in the end, if you meet and you aren't attracted at all, it's sort of like a dating site. There are those that carry it out for months, express their love, etc. only to meet once and never speak again.

If it were me, if I wasn't physically attracted, it wasn't going to happen. That is important to me.

Old 06-27-2023, 01:40 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,642,545 times
Who comes up with these crazy ideas?

Old 06-27-2023, 01:50 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I've seen that show, it's called 'Catfish'

Old 06-27-2023, 01:58 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Hale no.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships