Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 04:51 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,158,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBarr View Post
Gotcha wheter that’s too show her more attention or whatever the case.
Yes! Kind of a "Is he going to fight for me? Will he get jealous?" kind of thing.

I think she was def fleeting because she put her head on the guy's shoulder. I say it all the...women avoid touching strangers unless they're interested. Her interest was to get a reaction out of you.

Old 06-27-2023, 04:51 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Um, most single women like male attention. You make it sound like a slur. If you all had been drinking and everyone was cutting up, then you need to lighten up a bit.

Does she clearly know you were on a date or was this a group thing? She might be putting you in the friend zone. Or you’re just a little too controlling for the situation.

Old 06-27-2023, 05:29 PM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Well, you say she's your friend. Is she flirtatious like this with 'all the guys?' Could be a misplaced (and immature) effort to make him feel welcome (ish). or not. I'd play it by ear for now and see if this cozy behavior continues.

Old 06-27-2023, 05:40 PM

7 posts, read 5,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Um, most single women like male attention. You make it sound like a slur. If you all had been drinking and everyone was cutting up, then you need to lighten up a bit.

Does she clearly know you were on a date or was this a group thing? She might be putting you in the friend zone. Or you’re just a little too controlling for the situation.
Male attention is one thing but to try to get it from the friend of someone you’re at least kind of seeing and is sitting across Don you is kinda rude imo.

I doubt she’s like it if I did that to her friends in front of her

I don’t know if it was a date per de we were celebrating my bday but she did initiate me going back to her place and sleeping with her that night

Old 06-27-2023, 06:03 PM

8,673 posts, read 3,874,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBarr View Post
She’s either a massive flirt who needs male attention or trying to get me jealous neither one is good and both are not things I can tolerate.
OP - if this is the conclusion you’ve drawn, why keep ‘seeing her’? Do you not trust your own judgement? Either you’re allowing your personal insecurities to get in the way of assessing the situation rationally/realistically, or you’re second-guessing/looking for confirmation re: real red flags (as noted by you, no less). Which do you suppose it is?

Old 06-27-2023, 06:49 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
I met him at the book store
He said he'd like to get to know me just a little more
Asked me to dinner, I said, "I'd bring my girlfriend"
He said, "That's cool 'cause he was gonna bring his best friend"
But something happened that I wasn't expecting
His best friend all night has my attention
Know it was wrong, but I couldn't help it
And I don't care, I'm bein' selfish
Know what I want and I want your best friend
Ain't gonna front, uh-uh, I want your best friend
Hey boy, I think I like your best friend
Would you mind if I dined with your best friend?

Switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY0BDEINk0E

Old 06-27-2023, 07:58 PM

6,461 posts, read 3,985,300 times
Instead of agonizing over it, if you don't like it then you know what to do.

Old 06-27-2023, 09:41 PM

6,873 posts, read 4,873,766 times
You said you aren't in a relationship yet, so it doesn't matter why she said what she said. Some people just ramble and say whatever pops into their head. It made you uncomfortable so I suggest you find someone else to date. And don't let it bother you if she starts seeing your friend.

Old 06-27-2023, 10:34 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,613,035 times
Have some fun with her, if you know what I mean, then move on to the next one

Old 06-27-2023, 11:38 PM

566 posts, read 678,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
You said you aren't in a relationship yet, so it doesn't matter why she said what she said. Some people just ramble and say whatever pops into their head. It made you uncomfortable so I suggest you find someone else to date. And don't let it bother you if she starts seeing your friend.
Yeah, like he said, there is no relationship, they are only casually dating. I've had many casual, friendly, dates, where we'd be hanging out, sometimes saying similar stuff about others we knew or didn't. No big thing if she only said my friend was hot, because we were just friends going out together. I think it's natural to appreciate beauty. Of course, it would be another ball game if she actually lusted to the point of active pursuit, which is when he really should gracefully bow- out.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-28-2023 at 12:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.