Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 02:38 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,806,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBarr View Post
Male attention is one thing but to try to get it from the friend of someone you’re at least kind of seeing and is sitting across Don you is kinda rude imo.

I doubt she’s like it if I did that to her friends in front of her

I don’t know if it was a date per de we were celebrating my bday but she did initiate me going back to her place and sleeping with her that night
Wait a minute...

You're "kind of" seeing her? Does SHE know that?

Thing is, that you said you're not in a relationship and you're only "kind of" seeing her. If you're "kind of" seeing her, she may feel like since she's not in a relationship with you...and only "kind of" seeing you, in her mind, she may think she's "free" to behave as if she's...unattached...because she is.

No harm. No foul. To her.

Old 06-28-2023, 03:28 AM

2,239 posts, read 2,415,589 times
Both men and women will always notice other attractive people.. It is what it is... but maybe "hot" was the wrong word to use. It may have been more tactful for her to call them handsome or good looking.

Old 06-28-2023, 04:52 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,806,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Both men and women will always notice other attractive people.. It is what it is... but maybe "hot" was the wrong word to use. It may have been more tactful for her to call them handsome or good looking.
I don't think that's the point. The point is whether it should spoken out loud that someone thinks another is attractive in some way if on a "kind of" date with someone else...

Old 06-28-2023, 08:01 AM

19,758 posts, read 20,330,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Wait a minute...

You're "kind of" seeing her? Does SHE know that?

Thing is, that you said you're not in a relationship and you're only "kind of" seeing her. If you're "kind of" seeing her, she may feel like since she's not in a relationship with you...and only "kind of" seeing you, in her mind, she may think she's "free" to behave as if she's...unattached...because she is.

No harm. No foul. To her.

Great question! Does she know??? lol..

Old 06-28-2023, 08:13 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
I'm betting this was not a date but a hangout. If she was interested in OP, she would not have behaved like she was single and available.

Alas, we'll never know as OP has been swiftly banned.

Old 06-28-2023, 08:39 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,821,450 times
Whether you're in a relationship or just casually dating it was definitely a disrespectful thing to say while on a date with you.
I know I wouldn't like it if a guy I was on a date with said that to one of my friends. That being said, if this was a one time thing I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, if she keeps it up then I would definitely have second thoughts.

Old 06-28-2023, 08:39 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,112,561 times
OP said they just started dating and are feeling it out so they aren’t exclusive yet but are casually dating so if you’re there with someone else even casually dating isn’t hitting on their friend in front of them a little much? I doubt it would go over well if he flirted with her friends in front of her which it shouldn’t because it would be kinda classless.

Old 06-28-2023, 09:01 AM

15,076 posts, read 10,145,154 times
If my lady made a comment that someone is attractive, hot, or whatever, it wouldn't really bother me much. Its not like I expect her to suddenly find all other men unattractive just because we are together. However if she was actively flirting (head on his shoulder and such) in front of me, I would find it pretty darn disprespectful.

I've known some women who actually do things to make their man jealous as some sort of affirmation. That would be a red flag for me and it wouldn't take long for me to leave the relationship.

The confusion I have with the OP is that they mentioned they are casually dating. If that is the case, then she probably doesn't think much about it as there are no expectations of commitment. There is a miscommunication there.

I go out on dates with friends currently; nothing serious. I don't expect them to treat me as a boyfriend even in front of other guys.

Old 06-28-2023, 09:42 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,112,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
If my lady made a comment that someone is attractive, hot, or whatever, it wouldn't really bother me much. Its not like I expect her to suddenly find all other men unattractive just because we are together. However if she was actively flirting (head on his shoulder and such) in front of me, I would find it pretty darn disprespectful.

I've known some women who actually do things to make their man jealous as some sort of affirmation. That would be a red flag for me and it wouldn't take long for me to leave the relationship.

The confusion I have with the OP is that they mentioned they are casually dating. If that is the case, then she probably doesn't think much about it as there are no expectations of commitment. There is a miscommunication there.

I go out on dates with friends currently; nothing serious. I don't expect them to treat me as a boyfriend even in front of other guys.
Op said they just started seeing each other…Even if it’s not an exclusive relationship yet I still think it’s disrespectful to do it in front of someone you’re seeing and hooking up with…It’s simple social grace/tact and when people don’t show it that’s a huge red flag imo.. it shows lack of empathy and care for other peoples feelings..

I would not do that in front of someone I’m even just casually dating and seeing where it goes.

Old 06-28-2023, 10:06 AM

5,697 posts, read 3,203,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I'm betting this was not a date but a hangout. If she was interested in OP, she would not have behaved like she was single and available.

Alas, we'll never know as OP has been swiftly banned.
Except he stated that she initiated asking him back to her place and having sex later that night.

Why was OP banned? Did I miss where he said something innapropriate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships