Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 08:06 PM

122 posts, read 106,454 times

Advertisements

I work from home and am very lonely. Most days I don’t talk to a single person besides my boyfriend.

Today I went to the grocery store and bought some food to make us a nice dinner. It took about 2 hours to make and I was really excited to eat it with him.

We got home, he said he was still full from lunch, not hungry, and just didn’t eat it at all. I tried eating it but was too depressed to just eat it by myself so I just went to my room and cried. I don’t have any friends to rant about this too, so here I am. Not sure what I’m even looking for here. I’m just really sad.

TL;DR bought groceries to make me and my boyfriend a nice dinner after a lonely sad day working from home, and he didn’t even touch the food

Old 07-20-2023, 08:44 PM

6,934 posts, read 4,945,978 times
You feel unappreciated, is my guess. If he wasn't hungry, he wasn't hungry, and overeating isn't a good thing. However, it was rude of him not to say something along the lines of it looks good, and try a bite. He could have at least sat there while you ate dinner. Is he always this way - unappreciative? You might want to ask yourself why you keep him.

Old 07-20-2023, 08:45 PM

22,665 posts, read 47,866,550 times
You have done nothing but complain about him for almost a year now. Why are you still with him?

Old 07-20-2023, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You have done nothing but complain about him for almost a year now. Why are you still with him?
Nothing but? Really? Am I supposed to post on this forum to rave about him?

Old 07-20-2023, 08:47 PM

11,826 posts, read 12,080,747 times
I’m sorry you had a sad day.

It sounds like you’re isolating yourself though and not making any effort to do things. You work from home but after work you don’t need to stay in there.

You need to get out of your rut. Start by going outside and get some fresh air after being indoors all day. Go for a walk, go to the park and swing on the swings. Call a friend to go for ice cream. Do you have any nieces or nephews to go watch their little league game? What hobbies and interests do you have that would get you out around others and out of your home and your own head?

Old 07-20-2023, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I’m sorry you had a sad day.

It sounds like you’re isolating yourself though and not making any effort to do things. You work from home but after work you don’t need to stay in there.

You need to get out of your rut. Start by going outside and get some fresh air after being indoors all day. Go for a walk, go to the park and swing on the swings. Call a friend to go for ice cream. Do you have any nieces or nephews to go watch their little league game? What hobbies and interests do you have that would get you out around others and out of your home and your own head?
I’m in graduate school in a state far away and I have no family here. I went to the gym earlier today. I don’t make much money so can’t afford hobbies aside from the gym really. I would be going for ice cream all alone. I’ve made some acquaintances here but no strong friendships.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:00 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,219,149 times
Not to make light of your situation, but could you be close to your period? It's wild how sad and teary I'd get when I was PMSing.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Not to make light of your situation, but could you be close to your period? It's wild how sad and teary I'd get when I was PMSing.
No.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:22 PM

Anyone there? I’m just really sad and having the worst day.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:52 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,603,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisthelove96 View Post
I don’t have any friends to rant about this too, so here I am. Not sure what I’m even looking for here. I’m just really sad.
After my last divorce, I was kind of in the same position about nobody to talk to. Everybody WE knew were checking on her! Anyway I had some social media friends who checked on me and, when I needed to let off steam, I'd do it to one of them. It really didn't matter if they answered me or not. I was just taking it out on the keyboard. I'd carry on and on about what was going on, then sit there reading what I was about to send. By then I had cooled off from what felt like trying to break the keyboard typing, and I'd sometime delete it instead of sending. Sometimes I'd send the message because the online friends were waiting to read it, then we'd message back and forth for a while till I felt better.

I hope you can find somebody to let off steam with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships