Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 04:42 PM

26 posts, read 12,394 times

Advertisements

Im worried about sometjing husband said too me the other night .A few days ago , he walks in my room in the middle of the night to ask me if I have insurance so he can get his hair scalp looked at , as he’s having some hair itchiness and redness . While he is talking too me He’s looking nervous , fumbling his pockets . I asked him “are you okay” . He says yeah I’m fine , I think I have a disease on my scalp “ “I’m worried” . I tell him oh it’s no big deal , it’s just a little dandruff you will be fine “. He walks over to ny bed and starts laughing and he jokingly say to me “you are lucky I like you otherwise I would smother you to death and make it look like a accident “ he says oh I’m just joking and he leaves and says “go to bed , you should be sleep “. Our relationship is on the rocks , we sleep in seperate rooms , no xes in almost a year and a half . Every since then he’s been talking to me normal like nothing happenned .

Back story

My Husband and are having some major
Major problems . For starters we have only been married two and a half years yet we Havent been intimate in almost a year and half . We haven’t kissed like French kiss in almost two years and we also sleep in seperate rooms for over two years .
We haven’t went out in a date in over eight months . My birthday we two months ago and he didn’t buy my anything for my birthday .
I have tried talking to him about it , his response is “the mood has to be right “
I’m not ugly and I don’t smell I’m probably more cleaner than he is .lol

I tried being nice and doing all the things a wife should do .
I cook , clean , don’t nag him , I stay out of his way , I even bought him little gifts to show him I love him such as clothes , socks and shoes , but he will still just eat and go right to bed right after I get off work . When I come home from work , he will talk a little bit and then go to his room and when I try to enter his room he’s agitated and asks me to leave him alone . I even bought this dude a whole wardrobe because he had hardly no clothes and shoes and he barely said thank you . I let this dude drive my car to do rideshare . I have really helped him yet it treats me with such indifference .
I have offered counseling and he has attended a few times but then he won’t put in the work and try to work on our marriage and now he refuses to attend any future sessions with me . Now he’s accusing me of cheating on him . Everytime I get a call he’s accusing me of being on the phone with another man . Yet he doesn’t treat me the best . The other night , I got a call from my sister in the middle of the night , I guess he heard me on the phone with her , and the next day , he came in my room using his hand to push my head down into the bed and kept asking me “who were you on the phone with puss” I responded my sister . He responded “stop lying puss” and pushed my head down into the bed again multiple times . He was laughing it off , but I thought to myself I don’t know about this guy . He refuses to tell me anything personal about himself . The other day Inasked him how much he owes in student loans . His response was “don’t ask me no personal questions puss” . If I ask him how money he makes , or see pictures of his children with his first wife -‘his reponse is “you must obey me and do everything I say . He basically wants a slave .

When it comes to bills , he only pays half the rent , and he pays me increments - maybe 200 to 300 a week . All the other bills I pay by myself , I pay the car note , cable bill , credit cards , most of the car insurance buy all the food and tolietries . For the life of me , he actuallyhad the audacity to ask me to cook for Thanksgiving . I responded - ok but are you going to buy the food for me to cook it . His response “was no you got it “. Just because I make more money than he does , he doesn’t want to pay for anything

Old 11-23-2023, 05:18 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
I can't believe that you stay in this relationship! It isn't a marriage, but a hostile roommate situation. This man is emotionally abusive, and looks like some physical abuse also. If I were you, I would go to counseling and work through how to walk away while you still can. Please don't waste your life on this person. Life is too short to live the way you are living. I have no idea what your husband's issue is, but hope you choose not to be a part of it. I don't think the part about smothering you combined with the everything else is good.

Life is too short to put up with someone like your husband.

This website might give you some needed insight: https://lovefraud.com/

Old 11-23-2023, 05:29 PM

820 posts, read 449,593 times
Be very careful Tiffany. There's only a few reasons for this behavior...

1. He truly is losing his mind. That can be extremely dangerous to you.
2. He's gay, and married you to hide his true self.
3. He's got a girlfriend or someone else he's fooling around with.

No matter what it is, I would confide in people you trust about what is going on and what is said. I would also report to the cops just in case. At least they have a clue as to what is going on if he gets violent.

Lastly. I would create an exit strategy, because this is gonna end one way or another. You have to have it end your way, because the other way could be life threatening. Find family, close friends, anyone who can help you, and get out now.

Something is terribly wrong. You're playing with fire by staying.

I wish you the best, you're gonna need it.

Old 11-23-2023, 05:30 PM

130,527 posts, read 12,143,244 times
Tell him to go to the Dr about his head rash, they can probably prescribe a special shampoo or cream for it. Why do you stay? If he is creeping you out, you need to evaluate why you choose to stay

Old 11-23-2023, 06:10 PM

6,883 posts, read 4,888,158 times
Why haven't you left already?

Old 11-23-2023, 06:28 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,900,693 times
Run, don't walk.

Old 11-23-2023, 06:34 PM

10,317 posts, read 6,871,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanyluv83 View Post
Im worried about sometjing husband said too me the other night .A few days ago , he walks in my room in the middle of the night to ask me if I have insurance so he can get his hair scalp looked at , as he’s having some hair itchiness and redness . While he is talking too me He’s looking nervous , fumbling his pockets . I asked him “are you okay” . He says yeah I’m fine , I think I have a disease on my scalp “ “I’m worried” . I tell him oh it’s no big deal , it’s just a little dandruff you will be fine “. He walks over to ny bed and starts laughing and he jokingly say to me “you are lucky I like you otherwise I would smother you to death and make it look like a accident “ he says oh I’m just joking and he leaves and says “go to bed , you should be sleep “. Our relationship is on the rocks , we sleep in seperate rooms , no xes in almost a year and a half . Every since then he’s been talking to me normal like nothing happenned .

Back story

My Husband and are having some major
Major problems . For starters we have only been married two and a half years yet we Havent been intimate in almost a year and half . We haven’t kissed like French kiss in almost two years and we also sleep in seperate rooms for over two years .
We haven’t went out in a date in over eight months . My birthday we two months ago and he didn’t buy my anything for my birthday .
I have tried talking to him about it , his response is “the mood has to be right “
I’m not ugly and I don’t smell I’m probably more cleaner than he is .lol

I tried being nice and doing all the things a wife should do .
I cook , clean , don’t nag him , I stay out of his way , I even bought him little gifts to show him I love him such as clothes , socks and shoes , but he will still just eat and go right to bed right after I get off work . When I come home from work , he will talk a little bit and then go to his room and when I try to enter his room he’s agitated and asks me to leave him alone . I even bought this dude a whole wardrobe because he had hardly no clothes and shoes and he barely said thank you . I let this dude drive my car to do rideshare . I have really helped him yet it treats me with such indifference .
I have offered counseling and he has attended a few times but then he won’t put in the work and try to work on our marriage and now he refuses to attend any future sessions with me . Now he’s accusing me of cheating on him . Everytime I get a call he’s accusing me of being on the phone with another man . Yet he doesn’t treat me the best . The other night , I got a call from my sister in the middle of the night , I guess he heard me on the phone with her , and the next day , he came in my room using his hand to push my head down into the bed and kept asking me “who were you on the phone with puss” I responded my sister . He responded “stop lying puss” and pushed my head down into the bed again multiple times . He was laughing it off , but I thought to myself I don’t know about this guy . He refuses to tell me anything personal about himself . The other day Inasked him how much he owes in student loans . His response was “don’t ask me no personal questions puss” . If I ask him how money he makes , or see pictures of his children with his first wife -‘his reponse is “you must obey me and do everything I say . He basically wants a slave .

When it comes to bills , he only pays half the rent , and he pays me increments - maybe 200 to 300 a week . All the other bills I pay by myself , I pay the car note , cable bill , credit cards , most of the car insurance buy all the food and tolietries . For the life of me , he actuallyhad the audacity to ask me to cook for Thanksgiving . I responded - ok but are you going to buy the food for me to cook it . His response “was no you got it “. Just because I make more money than he does , he doesn’t want to pay for anything
You need to act.

NOW.

GET OUT OF THERE. (He's NOT "joking.")

Old 11-23-2023, 06:43 PM

22,613 posts, read 47,726,078 times
And…. You stay with him, why?

Old 11-23-2023, 08:39 PM

2,119 posts, read 1,326,678 times
Your husband sounds like he’s having a mental issue and changing to be weird or crazy.

As you say you've been going for counseling, tell your counselor everything as you told us here. Also, report to the police about what he did to you (pushing your head into the bed) and what he said to you, which were verbal abuses. It's time to find a lawyer for a separation, and then a divorce. If you have your mom or a sister or a brother, who can help you, ask them to let you to stay with them for a while.

Old 11-23-2023, 09:16 PM

741 posts, read 415,053 times
he is not joking. You should leave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships