Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 02:29 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,648,918 times

Advertisements

Does he get on particularly well with the wife of the other couple?

Pouting and silent treatment seem a bit of an overreaction to a wife wanting to go to a restaurant with just her husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2023, 04:01 PM

144 posts, read 187,028 times
To answer the question. Yes, we do alot together and independently. We live in a golf community and he golfs alot with the guys, as do I with my girl friends. And we golf together once or twice a month. We go to the gym separately, I am a morning person, he is a late afternoon person. We attend social activities together, as we are now both getting ready to go to a Christmas party. It's just this weird thing with going to restaurants. And trust me, I am as frugral as the day is long, but it's a weird thing. I honestly can't explain it. Is it the end of the world? Nope. It's just a quirk of his. Look, I realize how lucky and fortunate we are to be living the retired life we always dreamed of, so I'm really not complaining about much. It's just that we finally had "that talk" yesterdan AND today......about going out to dinner. And I cook. We have very cost savings meals at home and we both aren't appetizer and dessert type of people, so it's not about money. I am very conservative when ordering from a menu.

Old 12-16-2023, 04:16 PM

24,587 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Have you talked to your husband about this?

Old 12-16-2023, 05:03 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Have you talked to your husband about this?
Did you miss that part or didn't bother to read??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderwomanNot View Post
It's just that we finally had "that talk" yesterdan AND today ......about going out to dinner. And I cook. We have very cost savings meals at home and we both aren't appetizer and dessert type of people, so it's not about money. I am very conservative when ordering from a menu.
Quote:
He probably woudn't balk but...it's just a weird situation. I guess I'm not really looking for a remedy, but I really just needed to vent because for the second time, I've brought this issue up to him, and of course, he is sulking and I'm getting the silent treatment.

Old 12-17-2023, 07:15 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
To answer the question. Yes, we do alot together and independently. We live in a golf community and he golfs alot with the guys, as do I with my girl friends. And we golf together once or twice a month. We go to the gym separately, I am a morning person, he is a late afternoon person. We attend social activities together, as we are now both getting ready to go to a Christmas party. It's just this weird thing with going to restaurants. And trust me, I am as frugral as the day is long, but it's a weird thing. I honestly can't explain it. Is it the end of the world? Nope. It's just a quirk of his. Look, I realize how lucky and fortunate we are to be living the retired life we always dreamed of, so I'm really not complaining about much. It's just that we finally had "that talk" yesterdan AND today......about going out to dinner. And I cook. We have very cost savings meals at home and we both aren't appetizer and dessert type of people, so it's not about money. I am very conservative when ordering from a menu.
You talked about the issue for two days and still can't explain it?

Old 12-17-2023, 07:46 AM

215 posts, read 127,662 times
Maybe he is not good at ir is rusty at intimate conversations with just the two of you at restaurants? Do you have good/ interesting conversations during dinner at home?

Old 12-17-2023, 08:35 AM

144 posts, read 187,028 times
Yes we communicate very well. It's just a weird thing with him. Not a biggie. I was just venting. Better to vent here than to really initiate WW3

Old 12-17-2023, 08:43 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:

And it's this one couple who are a great deal older than me (trust me, they have a ton of money and travel all over the world, etc. so they are not granny and grandpa sitting in a rocking chair and they do have an active social life as well).
Older than just you? Is there an age gap in your marriage/Are they closer to your husband's age?

Old 12-17-2023, 08:55 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Yes we communicate very well. It's just a weird thing with him. Not a biggie. I was just venting. Better to vent here than to really initiate WW3
It is weird. Up to you if you want to leave it. But you had to vent about it and ask if you were wrong so it's obviously bothering you and it would bother most people. It is really odd behavior and I would feel insulted and disconnected if my spouse refused to go out for a meal with me.

Old 12-17-2023, 05:36 PM

317 posts, read 224,663 times
There's reasons for what we do, op. Is he so socially focused he not only likes being with other people but likes being seen with other people? Are you both so opposite from each other in age or looks that he's uncomfortable with the attention from others when you're out alone? If he's telling you its just a weird thing with him there's a reason it got weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships