Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 08:07 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,788,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
He said he spoke with her Sunday night, after he went home.

I don't know if he ever contacted her or not on Monday.
Thing is though, both you and your friend's son are making assumptions based on facts not in evidence and you're advising him as if SHE'S the one in the wrong.

Seriously, my first question to him would have been, "if you like this woman, then for heaven's sake man, WHY didn't you approach HER after she waved to you?"

*Shrugs* I guess we'll never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2023, 09:26 PM

6,851 posts, read 4,850,706 times
And....if he likes her, why after three days of sex couldn't he have sent her flowers?

Old 12-17-2023, 09:27 PM

708 posts, read 757,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
Maybe he’s just one of those sensitive types, and that’s not a bad thing. It’s actually a good thing and should be admired.
So, you still believe this story?

Old 12-17-2023, 09:37 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,969,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
He had feelings for her, and wanted an actual relationship.
And did he tell her this?

Or maybe she met someone else. Or there was a red flag that she realized later (or, she was on some sort of emotional endorphin high after a weekend of sex and playing house, and realized later that that was all it was). Or a friend warned her away from him. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
But but but...... he's anxious and afraid! What if he asks and she says No! It would kill him. Rejection is fatal you know. There's never been a person that's survived rejection. @@

Faint heart never won fair maiden. He needs to put on his big boy pants and ask her on an actual date. He needs to do it soon.
I mean, if he'd rather let this go than risk rejection, then that's fine. Not everyone wants to be rejected, and it's up to him to weigh his priorities and decide what he wants to do. But, if that's the case, then he needs to own it, and realize that that's the choice he made: I really don't want to be rejected, so I would rather miss some chances than have that happen to me. Whatever he wants to do is okay, but he can't complain about it later.

Quote:
Maybe he’s just one of those sensitive types, and that’s not a bad thing. It’s actually a good thing and should be admired.
Don't we usually advise women in these situations to not fall immediately into bed with a guy, then?

Old 12-17-2023, 09:46 PM

728 posts, read 464,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
So, are you asking/saying the OP is lying about this whole story, or his friends son is lying to the OP about this incident? If it’s the former, I don’t know the OP, or his posting history, but he has been a member here for ten years. It’s not like he’s a new member and possible troll. If it’s the latter, it’s anyone’s guess if the OP’s friends son was lying to him.

Old 12-17-2023, 10:02 PM

728 posts, read 464,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
And did he tell her this?

Or maybe she met someone else. Or there was a red flag that she realized later (or, she was on some sort of emotional endorphin high after a weekend of sex and playing house, and realized later that that was all it was). Or a friend warned her away from him. Who knows?

I mean, if he'd rather let this go than risk rejection, then that's fine. Not everyone wants to be rejected, and it's up to him to weigh his priorities and decide what he wants to do. But, if that's the case, then he needs to own it, and realize that that's the choice he made: I really don't want to be rejected, so I would rather miss some chances than have that happen to me. Whatever he wants to do is okay, but he can't complain about it later.

Don't we usually advise women in these situations to not fall immediately into bed with a guy, then?
Regarding your last paragraph, not sure what you mean by this? Personally, I don’t think it’s ever a good idea to “fall immediately into bed with a guy”. But are you saying these one night stands are not a good idea for some people because one side might take it more seriously than the other? And the result is hurt feelings?

Old 12-17-2023, 10:06 PM

708 posts, read 757,407 times
Quote:
So, are you asking/saying the OP is lying about this whole story, or his friends son is lying to the OP about this incident? If it’s the former, I don’t know the OP, or his posting history, but he has been a member here for ten years. It’s not like he’s a new member and possible troll. If it’s the latter, it’s anyone’s guess if the OP’s friends son was lying to him.
How long someone been here is irrelevant, or posting history. You never expected a priest would do bad things to children?

The facts in this story does not make sense and what is the purpose of this thread?

And since when does a young man would talk about this kind of topic/issue to their dad's friend?

Old 12-17-2023, 10:32 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
And you are what in this equation?
I'm a close buddy of his dad. Dad and I are old college buddies, knew him before son was born. Kind of an "uncle", as a longtime family friend
And to answer: he says he spoke with her Sunday night. I don't know about Monday, but Tuesday he claims he saw her somewhere, called out to her - she turned, gave him a "half-wave" (his description), and continued on without further acknowledging him.

Again, I'm going by what he claims happened. I don't know what really - I wasn't there.

Last edited by ItsRick24; 12-17-2023 at 10:48 PM..

Old 12-17-2023, 10:44 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
I believe dribs and drabs, 'cause I've had women flake on me in the past. Flakiness is a two-way street, both men and women are guilty of it (not all, but many).

Old 12-17-2023, 11:05 PM

730 posts, read 1,656,863 times
I always taught my sons "regret hurts worse than rejection".

You'll carry regret for ages, rejection gets forgotten about quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships