Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 04:31 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't necessarily say it's cheating but I don't think it's harmless either. I mean, strict friends of opposite sex kiss on the lips as greeting or whatever? I'd never do such a thing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 05:21 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
No. We're talking a quick peck.

I sure in hell wouldn't like it if my man did that to another woman...friend or not. They shouldn't be that chummy. (If anyone's familiar w/ my posts on the matter, I never liked the idea of having opposite-gendered friends when in a relationship nor staying friends w/ exes, etc.)

Old 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM

158 posts, read 195,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
OK...

I wouldn't call it cheating, but depending on the circumstances, it might get my guard up.

Like if this is a couple of people who have ALWAYS been like this, and otherwise, their behavior is always above board, I wouldn't think too much of it at all.

But if it was a behavior that just started...like some woman was starting to make a point of kissing my husband "just a quick peck" I would probably say something to one or both of them.
I feel the same way as this.

In addition.. I'm a loving and warm person, and if I kissed a guy on the lips who was a friend, it would mean that I'm attracted enough to him to do such a thing. If I had no physical attraction to him but he was fun to be around, I would never kiss him on the mouth. Just clarifying from a woman's perspective, and I'm pretty open minded overall. To explain further... if I didn't find the guy physically attractive at first, but we were friends because he made me laugh, I would only kiss him on the lips if I eventually became attracted to him because of his personality. And to complicate matters more if I did kiss a male friend on the mouth with no intention of it being more, I might actually start to feel something for him from just kissing. Idk.. it might depend on their age difference, like if she is a mom type to him and 15-20 years older, maybe its different.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:23 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
I think we're all in agreement that the action is... problematic.

Old 01-10-2024, 04:12 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
I think it's gross and totally out of line. No male friend is allowed to do that to me, and if I saw a female do that to my man, she's getting popped upside her head.

I even think it's disgusting when parents do this to their children. The mouth is a sex organ in my book, keep your nasty germs to yourself.

Old 01-10-2024, 05:17 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
I don’t think it is necessarily cheating. But regardless of intent, it is a BAD look if you are in an exclusive relationship. Why do that? I have a lot of platonic female friends and there’s no way I’d kiss them if I was in a relationship with someone else. Why provide a bad look and an opportunity for drama?

Old 01-10-2024, 06:19 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
My wife is from a different country where kissing is a way to greet someone of the same or opposite sex. She has NEVER kissed a man (or woman!) on the lips though.

I would absolutely consider this a form of cheating and would go from 0 to 10 really quick if my spouse was kissing another man on the lips, peck or not. Just like I'm confident she would not like it if she saw me kissing another woman on her lips.

Old 01-10-2024, 09:00 AM

735 posts, read 408,490 times
"...just a friend..." {insert Biz Markie voice}

Old 01-11-2024, 09:30 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,090,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Closed mouth peck? No, not cheating at all. I know many family members who kiss relatives on the mouth like this. No issue.

Now, anything with open lips is a different story....
Exactly. And it is also important to consider other cultures if the person is an immigrant or lives in a family of immigrants.

For example, as per Russian tradition, a quick peck on the lips is a sign of friendly affection in special circumstances that can be exchanged by friends of any gender. No open lips though...

Old 01-11-2024, 09:46 AM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
No. We're talking a quick peck.
I wouldn't make a big deal of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships