Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 10:30 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
If you have to ask if a certain behaviour constitutes cheating or not, the answer is it does.
And that's fine. But you didn't come at me with attitude either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 10:36 AM

1,923 posts, read 903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
When greeting her in full view of everyone? No, I wouldn't consider it cheating.
I would have an issue with my husband kissing a friend on the lips when greeting.

My husband's best friend was a woman (she passed a few years ago), and when we visited, they met with a quick MUAH! on the lips and then a long hug. I never felt weird about it. They'd been friends for years.

I agree the context is important. Were these coworkers that barely knew each other or great friends?

Old 01-12-2024, 01:39 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I wouldn't make a big deal of it.
Right. That type of greeting is pretty common in LA. Not so much in Little Rock.
Its all context.

Old 01-12-2024, 04:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
And that's fine. But you didn't come at me with attitude either.
Come at you?? You made a statement that wasn't true and I pointed that out.

Old 01-12-2024, 05:54 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
While he is in a relationship with another woman.

Do you consider this cheating?
Kiss her on the lips it's called a date. So yes I'd say cheating and more to come.

I've had many female friends over the years. I like women more than men, I like them more as friends. But they're strictly friends. Never ever would I do any more than hug them. No peck on the cheek, no kiss on the lips. That's dating behavior in my book.

Maybe others have a different book.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:10 PM

158 posts, read 196,439 times
What happened to the OP regarding follow up replies
We never got more context

Old 01-13-2024, 09:11 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Come at you?? You made a statement that wasn't true and I pointed that out.
And you said "or do you only read the posts that agree with you?" THAT was the attitude.

What I coulda/shoulda said was "I think MOST would agree it's problematic." Seeing as, up until my post, most DID find it problematic.

Old 01-13-2024, 07:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
And you said "or do you only read the posts that agree with you?" THAT was the attitude.

What I coulda/shoulda said was "I think MOST would agree it's problematic." Seeing as, up until my post, most DID find it problematic.

Maybe you should have said that, but you did not. And readng back, before your 'all agree" comment, most were still just questioning the context, not making judgement.

So, my other comment wasn't "attitude", it was a serious question. How could one make that original comment unless they only read the posts that agreed with you position?

Old 01-15-2024, 01:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 3,871,862 times
Quote:
What are your thoughts on a man kissing a female friend on the lips?
Quote:
While he is in a relationship with another woman.
Quote:
Do you consider this cheating?
As a man, it’s not cheating if one is to assume it’s a short, quick kiss in the open as an expression of friendship, particularly in the case of couples who are good friends and all four are present. It really depends on context as to whether it’s respectful to all involved - or not.

However, that it may not be defined as cheating doesn’t necessarily mean it’s appropriate.

Old 01-16-2024, 04:15 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
I would be uncomfortable with it personally but it's up to the recipient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships