Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 04:47 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times

Advertisements

One or both don't think they're "just friends."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 05:17 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,642,545 times
My husband isn't a casual hugger or kisser. I've never seen him kiss anyone on the lips, other than me.

If we greet friends we haven't seen in a while he'll hug the woman but not the guy friend.

He hugs the grandkids but no kissing. I kiss them but not on the lips.

If he were to kiss a woman on the lips it would be a romantic move - and he'd be a dead man. jk

Another man might be different though and kissing is just a casual friendly to do and is friendly affection only.

Old 01-16-2024, 06:01 PM

215 posts, read 127,419 times
For me that’s a hard ‘ no’.

I have never seen anyone kiss another person’s spouse on the lips - quick peck or otherwise.

Like what?!

Old 01-16-2024, 08:09 PM

2,338 posts, read 848,737 times
A young woman about 23 , blond haired, beautiful body came up to me in my driveway last week and kissed me on the lips. I said "eeeewwww stop that It's disgusting"

Old 01-16-2024, 10:15 PM

630 posts, read 297,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
While he is in a relationship with another woman.

Do you consider this cheating?
I wouldn't say it's cheating but, if it make you uncomfortable, then say so. In any case the kiss in and of itself doesn't mean anything. Doesn't mean marriage and doesn't mean they're gonna run off with each other and live happily ever after.

Old 01-17-2024, 04:45 AM

4,210 posts, read 3,758,240 times
I was at a Christmas party last month and one of our older married male friends gets very friendly after a few drinks. He was next to my wife and they were joking around and then asked what I would do if he kissed her, I told them I would take picture. My wife did not like that answer, lol.

Old 01-17-2024, 05:51 AM

4,842 posts, read 3,270,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I think it's gross and totally out of line. No male friend is allowed to do that to me, and if I saw a female do that to my man, she's getting popped upside her head.

I even think it's disgusting when parents do this to their children. The mouth is a sex organ in my book, keep your nasty germs to yourself.

Just a bit over the top, maybe?

Walmart probably has a whole aisle full of toothbrushes, mouthwash and soap for showers.

Are you one of the people that won't shake hands, either.

Old 01-17-2024, 06:37 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I think it's gross and totally out of line. No male friend is allowed to do that to me, and if I saw a female do that to my man, she's getting popped upside her head.

I even think it's disgusting when parents do this to their children. The mouth is a sex organ in my book, keep your nasty germs to yourself.

Hear, hear! No one knows where anyone's mouth has been! & I also agree that parents shouldn't kiss their kids directly on their mouth.

Old 01-17-2024, 06:52 AM

9,384 posts, read 8,356,698 times
OMG, no kissing your kids on their mouth? What's next, no eye contact with them either?? Do the people saying this even have kids?

Old 01-17-2024, 09:40 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
I have two takes on this that kinda contradict each other lol...

On the "what is/isn't cheating" level...that is up to any couple. Context is everything there. In some relationships of people I know, they can have intercourse with others and it's not "cheating" because they are honest about it and it's within the bounds of their relationship structure. People can write their own script to how their relationship will work as long as everyone is consenting. Also, the kissing described isn't necessarily sexual to all people and is in many cultures considered a friendly greeting, so...it's not even necessarily suspect in all instances and contexts.

But.

I am one who actually did/does believe that Covid was a nasty illness I'd rather not get. I haven't had it. I don't much care for having a cold or flu either if I don't have to. I don't go to the extreme of denying myself all social interaction, and I don't wear masks anymore, so I'm not that over the top about it at the moment but there needs to be a certain payoff to me going out and being around other humans. I do feel that there is still some element of risk there. I am glad that I don't live in a culture where everyone is kissing everyone's face all the time. Seems like a public health nightmare to me.

But beyond that? Well. I was one who kissed my children on the mouth when they were little, as many parents do. Go look on Youtube for a video of a kissing parrot, you'll see how that is, it's very "mmmmwah!" It's cute. Small children are very affectionate little beings. Hell, some people let their slobbery dogs lick their mouths. I'm not a fan, but.../shrug Point being - not all kissing is in any way "sexual" in nature.

What a lot of people may not realize though, is that a large number of adults who have HSV-1, a form of herpes that causes cold sores but that CAN be transmitted to the nethers via oral sex as well...yeah, loads of folks got that from when they were little kids and their parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles gave them smooches.

So the comment that said, "the mouth is a sex organ"....well, maybe not scientifically or technically speaking, but when it comes to possible transmission of contagious disease, yeah. It is.

As such, it isn't outside the bounds of sanity to prefer that one's partner NOT do that with other people. Because there is an element of "you are risking giving me a disease" to it, whether it is sexual or cheating or whatever, or not. We should all have a right to withhold consent to that kind of risk, should we choose to exercise it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships