Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times

Advertisements

I'm looking around myspace and I happen across the school search. I find one girl who graduated the same year. I don't recognize her, but I contact her. We try to figure who each other is and she mentions Pam...

Pam and I became best friends after high school. We hung out alot. Pam wasn't a beauty. She was smart, and funny. She worked at a grocery store and all the gang from there hung out on friday and saterday nights. I remember in a snowstorm I tried to take her home and we ended up with my car in a field! We got to her house and I spent the night. We talked all night long. In the morning her parents were happy instead of angry! Her mom embarrassed Pam by mentioning I was the boy that used to infuriate her all through highschool. She told me that Pam would come home and say I did this to her, and that. She came right out and said I told her he likes you if he bothers you this much.

We hung out together more and more and did things alone together. It was heading toward a romance. It wasn't so much physical, as genuine friends.

Then circumstances cut us off. My mom suddenly broke up with her husband and we moved. I had wrecked my car and couldn't get around for awhile. I worked a ton to support my mom and sister till they got on their feet. I didn't have her phone number, I didn't need it, up till then we saw each other 3-5 days a week.A few months later I finally tried to contact Pam ...she was gone! She had moved down south to the carolinas never heard from her again. Her friend was a little ill at ease about me asking, I assume I had hurt Pam by disappearing like that without a word.

Then I start talking to this girl from myspace and the first person she mentions is Pam! She hasn't spoken to Pam in years. Doesn't know how to contact her. But it makes me wonder...maybe I should try. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 10:25 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Definitely. Just be prepared to make a friendly, graceful exit if she's married.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:12 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,480,476 times
Go for it. This might have happened for a reason.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
I'd try. Say, "Hello" and see what happens. The worst: not interested. The best: interested.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:33 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
You never know unless you try Good luck.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:16 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
This will drive you nuts if you don't pursue it. Get in touch. I had an opportunity to hunt down an "almost soulmate" shortly after college and didn't do it because I thought it was a flight of fancy. I still wonder "what if." That's no good. Never deliberately put yourself in doubt for the rest of your life.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Try because you never know. Just don't go into it expecting anything so you won't be disappointed. Please keep us updated. Good luck!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:38 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,034 times
There's no harm in trying. Just go in expecting anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships