Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:09 AM

564 posts, read 2,342,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Today is June 26, 2008. I've officially been on the planet for 30 years. This used to be a day that I looked forward to but in recent years I've found myself wishing it wouldn't come. I used to go out and do something fun with friends or family. Now I just either don't care to or no one else cares to. I think my wife even forgot about it until her mom reminded her of it last night.

Sorry. I'm kinda bummed right now. Needed to vent....or a pat on the back or something.
Somewhere, some guy that just turned 88 and has his pants up to his elbows and his nuts hanging on the floor just said a string of four letter words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,926,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Better stuff it 'cause you'll be there before you know it, too!
Yes, but it won't be for a while. Then again, I'm already over halfway there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
NOW it's personal...put 'em up, put 'em up (in Bert Lahr voice)

Yes, there are some geriatrics in great shape, such as that dude you posted a pic of. Ditto for Stallone, Governator, my previous gym owner - all of who are over 50 and all who can kick the average 25 y/o guy's ass inside and out.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:50 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
- all of who are over 50 and all who can kick the average 25 y/o guy's ass inside and out.
Nothing against you or your beliefs, but I've never understood why, when people look at a bodybuilder they automatically think he can kick ass.

No - he can build his body to a certain degree using resistance principles, that's all. The ability to kick ass can be found in many "normal" people:

• Bruce Lee (short)
  • Dr. Moses Powell (actually he was obese)
  • Jackie Chan (overweight)
...and on and on and on...

Some of these barbell guys have lats so huge their arms extend outward like stabilizer fins on a boat. Their thighs constantly rub together.

They wear those posing trunks...

Anyway, I've had more rough encounters with small non-bodybuilders than I have with bodybuilders. With the muscle guys, my speed usually will win over their mass. They offer a much larger surface area for striking, they aren't usually trained fighters (although if they were, that would be awesome) and their coordination and footwork aren't always the greatest.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:45 AM

^ Well, you're referring to the exception rather than the rule. Given equal mixed martial arts skills, the one who is more athletic will most likely win the fight. Sure, if it's skills vs. strength, then the stronger guy won't necessarily win.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:56 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
^ Well, you're referring to the exception rather than the rule.
Maybe my examples weren't the best, huh?

Quote:
Given equal mixed martial arts skills, the one who is more athletic will most likely win the fight.
OR the one more experienced...

OR the one with more desire to win...

OR the one that has a clearer head...

OR the one that needs the money more...

OR the one that has more to lose...

Quote:
Sure, if it's skills vs. strength, then the stronger guy won't necessarily win.
I guess that was basically my point.

The Midol helped a little, BTW.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:40 PM

^ Remember, I never said skills, desire, luck, etc. don't matter. Basically, if EVERYTHING else equal, then the stronger guy (or gal ) will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships