Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,271,195 times

Advertisements

Today is June 26, 2008. I've officially been on the planet for 30 years. This used to be a day that I looked forward to but in recent years I've found myself wishing it wouldn't come. I used to go out and do something fun with friends or family. Now I just either don't care to or no one else cares to. I think my wife even forgot about it until her mom reminded her of it last night.

Sorry. I'm kinda bummed right now. Needed to vent....or a pat on the back or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 11:04 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
Aww.... Well, let me be the first to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You know, it's unfortunate that you feel this way. I turned 38 this year and had a blast. I make it so. I remind my kids and fiance every year about my upcoming birthday and tell them what I want for my birthday which is always a cake and to sing me Happy Birthday. Because I get so excited about it, they do too and they go out of their ways to make it a special day for me.

I wish I could pass that onto you - if you lived closeby, we'd do it for you! I think when it comes to birthdays, it should always be a celebration because it's another year you made it to, another year wiser, another year of your good enough health that got you there to that bday.

You should be embracing this day every year and making sure that everyone around you knows it. Shame on your wife for not remembering, actually surprised that she didn't remember given that she is a woman. I say you go out and buy yourself something nice and enjoy this day - to heck with the family members that forgot. It's your day, you do what you want to do.

Make it your own.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Today is June 26, 2008. I've officially been on the planet for 30 years. This used to be a day that I looked forward to but in recent years I've found myself wishing it wouldn't come. I used to go out and do something fun with friends or family. Now I just either don't care to or no one else cares to. I think my wife even forgot about it until her mom reminded her of it last night.

Sorry. I'm kinda bummed right now. Needed to vent....or a pat on the back or something.
AWWWWW. Let's go to the zoo and sing...

Hippo, birdie, two ewes
Hippo, birdie, two ewes
Hippo, birdie, hippo birdie....
Hippo, birdie, two ewes.

Happy birthday. I think the 30's are the best decade. You're old enough to have a clue and young enough to enjoy yourself. Enjoy your 30's.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
AWWWWW. Let's go to the zoo and sing...

Hippo, birdie, two ewes
Hippo, birdie, two ewes
Hippo, birdie, hippo birdie....
Hippo, birdie, two ewes.

Happy birthday. I think the 30's are the best decade. You're old enough to have a clue and young enough to enjoy yourself. Enjoy your 30's.
Couldn't agree more! I love being in my 30's - makes me look forward to 40's!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:

http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/%A5Arti...ay-Cake-99.jpg

Have fun, drjones! The good news is there are many more worse birthdays to come... said the optimist.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:

come er.....

big hugs
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:27 AM

271 posts, read 1,061,559 times
Happy Birthday.........ahhhh, to be 30 again.........don't feel down......it happens to the best of us.
3 years ago for my birthday, i wasn't expecting anything and my boyfriend went all out, complete surprise and best birthday ever..........however last year i turned 40 and was bummed for about 1mos prior about turning 40 and worse thing, my boyfriend didn't even remember my birthday.......so i know how you feel.

Have a wonderful day.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:45 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,521,011 times
Happy Birthday!!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 AM

534 posts, read 1,595,332 times
As the old saying goes..Your only as old as you feel.

I hit 39 this year. I probably feel about 30 or so. 40 used to freak me out, but not anymore. It's just a number...

Happy Birthday!

Last edited by UW Badgers; 06-26-2008 at 12:07 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 11:59 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,271,195 times
Thanks Yall. I think I'll go grab a burger at Red Robin tonight to celebrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships