Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 06:37 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times

Advertisements

Not to get OT...I agree with the point of your post, Zig'sbird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig'sbird View Post
No hugs, no quick friendly pecks on the check, etc.
But does this constitute cheating in the average wife's mind? That doesn't make any sense to me if it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 06:59 AM

667 posts, read 2,887,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Not to get OT...I agree with the point of your post, Zig'sbird.

But does this constitute cheating in the average wife's mind? That doesn't make any sense to me if it does.
Does it? No, not in the least if it's all innocent. However, the way I am I feel very uncomfortable when a woman who is not my wife attempts to give me a hug or something similarly innocent. Like I said, I'm VERY tradional when it comes to this - a bit of an oddball honestly

Old 06-30-2008, 08:03 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
Completely absurd and incendiary.
Thank you.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:41 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
That's because conventional sexuality is a quite modern construction, and our Western society's perceptions are not absolute. Our minds are not free with regard to sexuality; they're filled with prejudices. Why should those men have to consider themselves gay or bi?
I have always thought of someone who is sexually attracted to both genders as being bisexual. Is there something wrong with that?

I don't think it's weird to have 'out there' sexual fantasies really. I don't consider a gay fantasy to be out there at all really. It doesn't sound like you plan on acting on it, so you can fantasize about anything you want! I know I can occassionally think some of some crazy fantasies which I would not want everyone knowing about.
I would NEVER ever want to act on them in real life, but I don't see how it does any harm at all to have an active imagination!

As long as you aren't imagining hurting someone (which I think damages the soul) then have at it!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
If a man is happily married to a woman, then he doesn't think about being with someone else, nevermind another man.
I'm a happily married woman and I have thoughts about being with Denzel Washington. But I don't act on them. Because that would make me a crazy stalker. Har har.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:17 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig'sbird View Post
Does it? No, not in the least if it's all innocent. However, the way I am I feel very uncomfortable when a woman who is not my wife attempts to give me a hug or something similarly innocent. Like I said, I'm VERY tradional when it comes to this - a bit of an oddball honestly
Well, maybe not. I mean, I know a woman who feels this way, and she doesn't want other women hugging her husband. Maybe it isn't as unusual as I think it is.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Gay, straight or bi, the real bottom line here is that you're considering someone besides your spouse, and unless your spouse is on board with this, it doesn't matter whether it's a man or a woman or a poodle you're considering being with--you're still considering cheating.

Why you gotta drag the poodles into this Jerz?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Why you gotta drag the poodles into this Jerz?
Let her be, MLV! There are people interested in small furry mammals.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Let her be, MLV! There are people interested in small furry mammals.
She's discriminating I say. What about the other breed of dogs? Why not mention them? Why does everyone always want the poodle? I might have to report this racist thread.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
She's discriminating I say. What about the other breed of dogs? Why not mention them? Why does everyone always want the poodle? I might have to report this racist thread.
That's right! I like monkeys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships