Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM

783 posts, read 2,588,230 times

Advertisements

How would you feel if your girlfriend or boyfriend behaves or makes the following comments[The sex of the individual per specific action or statement has not been declared]:-
  1. I ask myself sometimes if this is what I want in a relationship, but I can never get an answer. PLus I have a very horrible feeling.
  2. I watched, listen to and read about relationships.I learnt few things and I believe we should work on "these" aspects in order to strengthen our relationship.
  3. You don't drink, have a scare number of friends and rarely go out. I know you have been trying to go out with me to clubs and bars but I refuse to go for the following reasons:-
    • I don't know if you are trying to please me or what.
    • It is boring to go to these places with you since you don't drink and I can"t tell if you know how to dance.
  4. I know you feel comfortable talking about past relationships. What we learnt from them in order not to fail in this relationship. I don"t see the importance of talking about them but I can't stop you from talking/ asking me about my past relationships.
  5. You never get tired of sex. The partners I have been with including myself get tired after orgasm and stop sex. After you have reached orgasm you still want to continue. You must control you desire because when I have reached I am done. I sexual needs have been attain and if I feel sorry for you I may continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 06:01 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post
How would you feel if your girlfriend or boyfriend behaves or makes the following comments[The sex of the individual per specific action or statement has not been declared]:-
  1. I ask myself sometimes if this is what I want in a relationship, but I can never get an answer. PLus I have a very horrible feeling.
  2. I watched, listen to and read about relationships.I learnt few things and I believe we should work on "these" aspects in order to strengthen our relationship.
  3. You don't drink, have a scare number of friends and rarely go out. I know you have been trying to go out with me to clubs and bars but I refuse to go for the following reasons:-
    • It is boring to go to these places with you since you don't drink and I can"t tell if you know how to dance.
  4. I know you feel comfortable talking about past relationships. What we learnt from them in order not to fail in this relationship. I don"t see the importance of talking about them but I can't stop you from talking/ asking me about my past relationships.
  5. You never get tired of sex. The partners I have been with including myself get tired after orgasm and stop sex. After you have reached orgasm you still want to continue. You must control you desire because when I have reached I am done. I sexual needs have been attain and if I feel sorry for you I may continue.
Well, I was certain this was a woman until I got to number 5. Women return to a lower state of arousal after orgasm so we tend to be ready for more or not as the case may be.

1 and 2 tell me this person views this as a relationship that needs work. If it's a long term relationship that has hit a lull, no problem. If it's a relatively new relationship, this is a red flag. It gets harder not easier as relationships progress.

3. makes me think martyr syndrome. This person isn't happy if you try to please them or if you don't. Kind of all or nothing. If I can't have it all, I'll sulk. High maintenance.

4. See 1 and 2. This is working on the present relationship by rehashing old failed relationships. While we should take the time to figure out why our relationships failed, the time to do that is before you get involved with someone else. Bringing up old loves is too much like comparing your current SO to your former SO. This one makes me think emotionally immature.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Well, I was certain this was a woman until I got to number 5. Women return to a lower state of arousal after orgasm so we tend to be ready for more or not as the case may be.

1 and 2 tell me this person views this as a relationship that needs work. If it's a long term relationship that has hit a lull, no problem. If it's a relatively new relationship, this is a red flag. It gets harder not easier as relationships progress.

3. makes me think martyr syndrome. This person isn't happy if you try to please them or if you don't. Kind of all or nothing. If I can't have it all, I'll sulk. High maintenance.

4. See 1 and 2. This is working on the present relationship by rehashing old failed relationships. While we should take the time to figure out why our relationships failed, the time to do that is before you get involved with someone else. Bringing up old loves is too much like comparing your current SO to your former SO. This one makes me think emotionally immature.
limiting myself to what I put in "bold". Please explain further. Which partner is not happy? Which partner is high maintenance? Would you change your opinion if I informed you one of these partners is a Libra and the other a Taurus? Libra tend to compromise I hope you know that.

Last edited by npumcrisz; 07-08-2008 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 PM

123 posts, read 295,612 times
Quote:
  1. i wouldn't feel very confident about the effort i am making to ensure my partner feels secure in the relationship
    Quote:
  3. i'd be open to listening to what she has seen/heard/read about relationships just to see if there is an opportunity for growth
    Quote:
  4. You don't drink, have a scare number of friends and rarely go out. I know you have been trying to go out with me to clubs and bars but I refuse to go for the following reasons:-
    • i'd ask what i could do to make going to these places with me more pleasurable for her. if it was something i felt comfortable with, i'd give it a go. perhaps it would open up more response from others as well, since i have very few friends. if it were something i was not comfortable with, then i'd answer her concerns honestly.
    Quote:
  5. I know you feel comfortable talking about past relationships. What we learnt from them in order not to fail in this relationship. I don"t see the importance of talking about them but I can't stop you from talking/ asking me about my past relationships.
  6. she'd be right. i wouldn't have a problem with that statement
    Quote:
  7. You never get tired of sex. The partners I have been with including myself get tired after orgasm and stop sex. After you have reached orgasm you still want to continue. You must control you desire because when I have reached I am done. I sexual needs have been attain and if I feel sorry for you I may continue.
  8. i'd feel like i should tell her that i am not completely satisfied by the way she has sex with me, but i know some really fun things she could do that would get me there
[/quote]

Old 07-08-2008, 07:44 PM

123 posts, read 295,612 times
Quote:
limiting myself to what I put in "bold". Please explain further. Which partner is not happy? Which partner is high maintenance? Would you change your opinion if I informed you one of these partners is a Libra and the other a Taurus? Libra tend to compromise I hope you know that.
freakin' libras compromise to their detriment. i dated one for 4 years and i used to always tell her to put me in my place if she felt i deserved it. she was so willing to compromise, anything i wanted was my way all the time. it was no fun for me (aquarius) to be with someone i could easily predict. challenge me, dammit! that's how i grow

Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
No, it wouldn't change my mind if one was a zebra and the other an elephant. This person isn't happy unless they get it all. Their partner being willing to go do things they want isn't good enough becuase he/she doesn't drink/dance too. High maintenance all the way. The person who made this statement isn't happy unless they get it all.

I don't believe in astrology BTW so I don't care if they were born under the Baskin Robbins sign. I had to laugh though. My mom's horoscope the day she died of a brain aneurism was that she'd have a great day.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furry_playstation View Post
i wouldn't feel very confident about the effort i am making to ensure my partner feels secure in the relationship
i'd be open to listening to what she has seen/heard/read about relationships just to see if there is an opportunity for growth
i'd ask what i could do to make going to these places with me more pleasurable for her. if it was something i felt comfortable with, i'd give it a go. perhaps it would open up more response from others as well, since i have very few friends. if it were something i was not comfortable with, then i'd answer her concerns honestly.[/list]she'd be right. i wouldn't have a problem with that statement
i'd feel like i should tell her that i am not completely satisfied by the way she has sex with me, but i know some really fun things she could do that would get me there [/list]
[/quote]

Why your frequent use of the pronoun "she"?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furry_playstation View Post
freakin' libras compromise to their detriment. i dated one for 4 years and i used to always tell her to put me in my place if she felt i deserved it. she was so willing to compromise, anything i wanted was my way all the time. it was no fun for me (aquarius) to be with someone i could easily predict. challenge me, dammit! that's how i grow
Quote from iloveindia.com

Libra Woman and Aquarius Man
Though it may take considerable effort on the part of a Libran woman to convince the Aquarius man for commitment, once she has done this, she will be one of the few lucky females with a contented relationship. She will be thrilled by his adventurous streak, wild ways and impulsive nature. He will admire her intellectual mind and balanced ways. Neither would dominate the other, neither would constraint the other. Both of them will enjoy the liberty this relationship offers, but not at the cost of loyalty. Both of them bring out the best in each other.

You are right, Libras compromise to their detriment.

Last edited by npumcrisz; 07-08-2008 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No, it wouldn't change my mind if one was a zebra and the other an elephant. This person isn't happy unless they get it all. Their partner being willing to go do things they want isn't good enough becuase he/she doesn't drink/dance too. High maintenance all the way. The person who made this statement isn't happy unless they get it all.

I don't believe in astrology BTW so I don't care if they were born under the Baskin Robbins sign. I had to laugh though. My mom's horoscope the day she died of a brain aneurism was that she'd have a great day.
Correct, but what do you do? End the relationship or accept it as a flaw?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 PM

306 posts, read 900,955 times
Quote:
Correct, but what do you do? End the relationship or accept it as a flaw?
This is something only their partner can answer. Is it something they can live with? If it bothers them now, it may bother them even more as time goes on. Or, is this something they can deal with and not let it have a negative effect on the relationship in the future?

I personally couldn't live with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships