Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times

Advertisements

Me and my dad was talking at a restaurant today about women and relationships, and he was saying girls would only want a guy if he had sexual experience. Does anyone believe this? I don't have experience because I don't do the "sex outside marriage" routine. He thinks I don't like sex, but I do. I just don't want to do the sex outside marriage thing.

Also, I told my dad that I was never going to have kids, then he said no woman would stay with me very long because I don't want them. He says women who are childfree are no good and are male users. This is why I'm the way I am right now, distrustful and suspicious.Then he says I'm too young and I'll change my mind, that statement which is very annoying, very annoying.

Do girls really like guys who have sexual experience?The childfree of the younger generation, are we really doomed to be single forever? And are childfree women really no good, as my dad stated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 10:47 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,983,321 times
In my younger days prior to marriage, I just wanted a guy who was willing and eager to learn, whether he had prior experience or not. Sometimes the ones with little or no experience are the best because, besides being the most eager, they're often exceptionally amenable to being taught . Personally, I think your dad is wrong about women wanting a guy with prior sexual experience. And I think he's really wrong about women who don't want kids. I have several child-free friends and NONE of them are male-users in the slightest bit. They would be extremely offended to be called that. You better get used to the 'you'll change your mind' statement. It's gonna keep coming up. Just ignore it.

Oh, by the way, on the TV show "Hopkins" tonight, there was a 25-year old unmarried guy who got a vasectomy. The doctor did ask questions, but she said, "He's an adult and he's capable of making his own decision." They did the vasectomy practically on the show. (This is a true show filmed at Johns Hopkins Hospital here in Baltimore.)

Last edited by cmacf1; 07-03-2008 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: added 'prior to marriage'

Old 07-03-2008, 10:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
In my younger days, I just wanted a guy who was willing and eager to learn, whether he had prior experience or not. Sometimes the ones with little or no experience are the best because, besides being the most eager, they're often exceptionally amenable to being taught . Personally, I think your dad is wrong about women wanting a guy with prior sexual experience. And I think he's really wrong about women who don't want kids. I have several child-free friends and NONE of them are male-users in the slightest bit. They would be extremely offended to be called that. You better get used to the 'you'll change your mind' statement. It's gonna keep coming up. Just ignore it.

Oh, by the way, on the TV show "Hopkins" tonight, there was a 25-year old unmarried guy who got a vasectomy. The doctor did ask questions, but she said, "He's an adult and he's capable of making his own decision." They did the vasectomy practically on the show. (This is a true show filmed at Johns Hopkins Hospital here in Baltimore.)
that is one smart kid.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:52 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,983,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that is one smart kid.
which kid are you referring to??

Old 07-03-2008, 10:54 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
In my younger days prior to marriage, I just wanted a guy who was willing and eager to learn, whether he had prior experience or not. Sometimes the ones with little or no experience are the best because, besides being the most eager, they're often exceptionally amenable to being taught . Personally, I think your dad is wrong about women wanting a guy with prior sexual experience. And I think he's really wrong about women who don't want kids. I have several child-free friends and NONE of them are male-users in the slightest bit. They would be extremely offended to be called that. You better get used to the 'you'll change your mind' statement. It's gonna keep coming up. Just ignore it.

I was offended when he made that stereotype about childfree women. I told him that was my kind of woman, and he got a little upset, which caused me to swear up and down. That's what I don't get about older parents.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:10 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I don't have experience because I don't do the "sex outside marriage" routine. He thinks I don't like sex, but I do. I just don't want to do the sex outside marriage thing.
I think that what you really like is the idea of sex. Since you are not getting any action it is very possible that you might not like it.

Quote:
Also, I told my dad that I was never going to have kids, then he said no woman would stay with me very long because I don't want them. He says women who are childfree are no good and are male users. This is why I'm the way I am right now, distrustful and suspicious.Then he says I'm too young and I'll change my mind, that statement which is very annoying, very annoying.
Never say never. When I was younger I was absolutely balls to the wall certain that I was not going to have kids, ever. I still have absolutely no desire to have kids, and hope that I don't, but I now understand one thing; stuff happens.

So, you are distrustful of women because of what your father is feeding into your head, or do you actually believe that the one's who are child-free are man users?; what-ever that may mean. (I am assuming that they are using the man to get pregnant, because that is what every woman wants, right?)

Yeah, parents are a pisser, aren't they. One thing my mom used to tell me all the time when I was younger was, when you are older, you will understand. At the time, I thought what she was saying was a load of horse-****, but yeah dagnabbit, she was right.

Quote:
Do girls really like guys who have sexual experience?
Like almost every answer, it all depends. Some girls are grossed out if a guy has any experience, regardless of what exactly that may entail, while some like the idea that the guy has enough experience to know what is what and what to do with what. So, experience in this case means that the guy knows what he is doing and not how many women he has slept with.

Quote:
The childfree of the younger generation, are we really doomed to be single forever?
Don't be ridiculous. There are many people these days, young and old, who are choosing to not have kids. If you remain single for-ever then I can guaranty you that it is for reasons that have nothing to do with you wanting to remain child-free. Sheesh.

Quote:
And are childfree women really no good, as my dad stated?
Your dad sounds old-fashioned. And, believe me, that was a polite way to put it.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:31 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,106,676 times
Quote:
1- girls would only want a guy if he had sexual experience.
2 - no woman would stay with me very long because I don't want [children].
3 - women who are childfree are no good and are male users.
4 - I'm too young
5 - I'll change my mind.
6 -Do girls really like guys who have sexual experience?
7 - The childfree of the younger generation, are we really doomed to be single forever?
Hi LAFan Relax.
Everyone is unique, and has their own opinions. This is exactly as the world should be. Some people understand only their own experience, or their own observations, and choose to believe that everyone else is just like that. Other people use their imaginations, and can see that people are all different.

I'm sure your father wants you to live the life that will give you the most happiness. But there are other realities out there besides his.

1. Nonsense. That's like saying girls would only want a guy with a log cabin. Huh??? Every girl is unique, and you are unique too. Would you want only a girl who's a basketball player? Think of all those girls who are waiting for marriage to make love; one of them is waiting for YOU.

2. Nonsense. Many women don't want children, just as many men don't want children. We're not living on farms in central Europe in the Middle Ages anymore -- we don't needs lots of little hands to tend the crops, so we don't need lots of children. In fact, the world has too much population as it is for the huge quantities of resources they need which simply are not available.

3. Nonsense. Childfree women are no different from -- child-encumbered women, or childfree men, or child-encumbered men. "Women who are childfree are no good and are male users" is exactly the same as saying "Men who want children are evil and stupid" or "All teenagers are insane" or "Guys between the ages of 15 and 25 are all excellent at math" which you know isn't true. Blanket statements, about anything, are untrue.

4. You're "too young" for what?? You're exactly the right age for you!! You are absolutely where you should be in life! -- not too old and not too young. You are just right. And when you're a little older, you'll be just right for you then. You're always exactly where you should be.

5. Yes, you WILL change your mind, a gazillion times in the course of your life, about a gazillion things -- and changing your mind is the sign of a wise, free-flowing spirit who lives life instead of pushing against it. You will learn, observe, grow, change, choose, become, unfold, evolve -- and in that never-ending process your ideas will change and your desires will change. When you know new knowledge, and when you gain new understanding of yourself, you will make new choices -- and that is a nourishing, free way to live a human life.

6. Probably some girls do. Probably some girls don't. But CERTAINLY the girls who don't really like guys with experience, and the girls who don't care one way or the other, and the girls who are themselves waiting for marriage before making love, are not really likely to want a guy who has experience. Wow! That's a whole lot of girls for you!

7. You're about as "doomed to be single forever" as anyone else of any age at any time in human history. Life is a journey, on paths you yourself choose and create and shape to your liking. There's no such thing as "doomed". There is only what you yourself choose.

LAFan, all is well throughout the Universe forever, so everything always has a happy ending. Know that you are wonderful. Go forth in joy, and focus on doing what you love!

Last edited by allforcats; 07-03-2008 at 11:47 PM..

Old 07-04-2008, 01:12 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,792,339 times
I don't understand the whole sexual experience thing anyway... in my experience at least I've found that women are so different in the things they like and don't like, it's a highly individual thing. One thing that thrills one woman is an absolute turn off to another, you have to learn on the fly how to please your partner...so how does experience with previous partners help in that regard?

Old 07-04-2008, 01:16 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
Experience is one thing but when a guy has spread it around so much that he is a male w***e then thats a HUGE turn off.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:30 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I don't understand the whole sexual experience thing anyway... in my experience at least I've found that women are so different in the things they like and don't like, it's a highly individual thing. One thing that thrills one woman is an absolute turn off to another, you have to learn on the fly how to please your partner...so how does experience with previous partners help in that regard?
Yes I agree, I my vast worldy experience, that is correct. Of course that would assume I have vast worldly experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships