Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:42 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times

Advertisements

I'll say something unpopular: It's possible that girls who are turned off by sexually inactive males are subconsciously afraid that if the man isn't passionate about that, then he isn't going to be passionate about anything.

Women, and men, want someone who is alive, vibrant, has fun, is spontaneous, etc. Deep down, it's quite possible that the girls in the stories related here feel that if the man can't get excited about one of our most basic and most joy-producing activities, then he will be cold about other things as well, and/or that he is "old before his time".

Other fears related to sexual inactivity: 1. that the person may not actually be heterosexual; 2. that the person may have a deep dislike of the opposite sex.

I'm not saying this is right, but if anyone is wondering why the opposite sex may be turned off by one being celibate, these are possible reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 10:28 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I'll change my mind? You kinda sound like my dad. He was disappointed when I told him the truth on what I really thought about kids, but yet. he still ignored my words, which caused me to respond in anger and some profanity.
AllforCats wrote you an extremely nice, lengthy, and well-thought out post and yet you do nothing but complain about ONE thing in her post. You shouldn't be asking here on this forum for help if you're going to get angry at people for telling you what is true. AllforCats was saying you WILL change your mind on MANY subjects throughout your life. And she's absolutely right. YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND ON MANY SUBJECTS MANY TIMES THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE. That's human nature. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind about things, unless you hurt other people. You THINK you won't change your mind, but until you're on your death bed, nobody INCLUDING you will know for sure that you didn't change your mind. As I said in my post to you, people WILL keep telling you you might change your mind. And why do they say that? Because it is human nature to change your mind throughout different phases of your life. How do we who keep telling you you might change your mind know this? Because we're older and wiser than you in this regard. YOU MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND. You can get as angry as you want, but as long as you keep asking for reassurance, people are going to keep telling you YOU MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND.

To tell you the truth, I, for one, am getting a little tired of your same concerns being expressed over and over on this forum and you saying exactly the same thing. If you keep asking, people are going to keep telling you you might change your mind. If that's not what you want to hear, stop starting threads that include how pissed you are that people keep telling you you might change your mind.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:56 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders! You know what you want and have standards. You will find someone who feels the same way you are and that will be great. Your dad is welcome to his opinions but you also have the right to set your own standards.
You go girl!!!
Girl?? I'm a guy. Lol

Old 07-04-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'll say something unpopular: It's possible that girls who are turned off by sexually inactive males are subconsciously afraid that if the man isn't passionate about that, then he isn't going to be passionate about anything.

Women, and men, want someone who is alive, vibrant, has fun, is spontaneous, etc. Deep down, it's quite possible that the girls in the stories related here feel that if the man can't get excited about one of our most basic and most joy-producing activities, then he will be cold about other things as well, and/or that he is "old before his time".

Other fears related to sexual inactivity: 1. that the person may not actually be heterosexual; 2. that the person may have a deep dislike of the opposite sex.
I'm not saying this is right, but if anyone is wondering why the opposite sex may be turned off by one being celibate, these are possible reasons.
Maybe I just lie and say I had some when I was in high school. But still, I'm not going to let anyone pressure me to do something I'm not ready for yet.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:08 PM

I'm trying not to complain, but yet, people still want to argue. To tell you the truth, I'm getting tired of people complaining on the threads I post. But I don't think I ask about girls liking guys with experience before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
AllforCats wrote you an extremely nice, lengthy, and well-thought out post and yet you do nothing but complain about ONE thing in her post. You shouldn't be asking here on this forum for help if you're going to get angry at people for telling you what is true. AllforCats was saying you WILL change your mind on MANY subjects throughout your life. And she's absolutely right. YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND ON MANY SUBJECTS MANY TIMES THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE. That's human nature. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind about things, unless you hurt other people. You THINK you won't change your mind, but until you're on your death bed, nobody INCLUDING you will know for sure that you didn't change your mind. As I said in my post to you, people WILL keep telling you you might change your mind. And why do they say that? Because it is human nature to change your mind throughout different phases of your life. How do we who keep telling you you might change your mind know this? Because we're older and wiser than you in this regard. YOU MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND. You can get as angry as you want, but as long as you keep asking for reassurance, people are going to keep telling you YOU MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND.

To tell you the truth, I, for one, am getting a little tired of your same concerns being expressed over and over on this forum and you saying exactly the same thing. If you keep asking, people are going to keep telling you you might change your mind. If that's not what you want to hear, stop starting threads that include how pissed you are that people keep telling you you might change your mind.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:40 PM

681 posts, read 2,877,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Me and my dad was talking at a restaurant today about women and relationships, and he was saying girls would only want a guy if he had sexual experience. Does anyone believe this? I don't have experience because I don't do the "sex outside marriage" routine. He thinks I don't like sex, but I do. I just don't want to do the sex outside marriage thing.

Also, I told my dad that I was never going to have kids, then he said no woman would stay with me very long because I don't want them. He says women who are childfree are no good and are male users. This is why I'm the way I am right now, distrustful and suspicious.Then he says I'm too young and I'll change my mind, that statement which is very annoying, very annoying.

Do girls really like guys who have sexual experience?The childfree of the younger generation, are we really doomed to be single forever? And are childfree women really no good, as my dad stated?
My wife wouldn't have wanted me if I'd had prior sexual experience. It seems to me that most people only want someone whose sexual experience is in the same ballpark as their own... as in, a woman who is 25 years old and has had three sex partners (all of whom were boyfriends she loved at the time) would probably not want a virgin man who was committed to premarital celibacy, nor would she want a gigolo.

As a guy without premarital sexual experience, you are a treasure trove just waiting to be discovered. I don't know how old you are, but let's say you're 20. If you're 20, you're one of the 10% of guys who haven't yet lost their virginity. If you're 25, it's down to 5%. Women are out there looking for men in that minority and will not settle for anything less. Finding a 20-something man who has had premarital sex is like "been there, done that". Finding a 20-something man who hasn't, especially if he isn't a loser, can make some women sing the Hallelujah Chorus.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
My wife wouldn't have wanted me if I'd had prior sexual experience. It seems to me that most people only want someone whose sexual experience is in the same ballpark as their own... as in, a woman who is 25 years old and has had three sex partners (all of whom were boyfriends she loved at the time) would probably not want a virgin man who was committed to premarital celibacy, nor would she want a gigolo.

As a guy without premarital sexual experience, you are a treasure trove just waiting to be discovered. I don't know how old you are, but let's say you're 20. If you're 20, you're one of the 10% of guys who haven't yet lost their virginity. If you're 25, it's down to 5%. Women are out there looking for men in that minority and will not settle for anything less. Finding a 20-something man who has had premarital sex is like "been there, done that". Finding a 20-something man who hasn't, especially if he isn't a loser, can make some women sing the Hallelujah Chorus.
Almost 20. And yes, I'm pretty sure a majority of the guys I went to high school with, they're probably had sex, some are teen parents. Guys tried to pressure me to go down the same road, which I greatfully declined.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Why exactly have you decided to abstain from premarital sex, anyway? (I'm certainly not criticizing you... I lost my virginity at age 27 on my wedding night. I'm just curious.)

Old 07-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Why exactly have you decided to abstain from premarital sex, anyway? (I'm certainly not criticizing you... I lost my virginity at age 27 on my wedding night. I'm just curious.)
For religous reasons. I'm not perfect, but I don't want to do fornication.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Rock on, brother. I went to a conservative Christian college and although the people at that school weren't an accurate cross-section of America's youth, it showed me that there are loads of women out there who are looking for a guy like you. I dated a lot of women before I got married and without stopping to think too hard, I could probably say that at least half of 'em wouldn't have come near me if I hadn't been a virgin. You have high standards, and there are women out there with high standards too.

Check this out... it's another true statistic... by age 20, 10% of men are still virgins and 20% of women are still virgins. That means that for every one of you, there's two of them. Them odds ain't bad, methinks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships