Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times

Advertisements

dang it this is from 08. never mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,716 times
Not sure if anyone would still be able to reply but I am a women that is concerned about this site as well. How would I find out if my husband was on this site

Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
This site just sounds all sorts of messed up!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM

113 posts, read 195,587 times
I've read this entire thread. I'm not going to lie, i have had a bad marriage that I will not publicly give details about because I do not believe in bashing people and making their stuff public.

I will say that you have only told us part of the problem, which makes me believe that there is more to the story. It takes two to either make it work or fail. The exception is when the problem really is just the one partner who keeps doing things to hurt the other person and then it's emotional abuse, psychological cruelty in the least.

I am assuming that you have both had it rough in your marriage, that you have both been or currently are unhappy. One thing I have learned from my own life is that each partner has to have an open mind about most everything. Truth be told, these mental health pros that deal with marriage issues usually only make it worse.

Getting other people involved in your private life is not the way to go. Maybe your husband has some interests for spicing up your marriage that you may want to ask him about. When men go looking around after a while, it means that something is wrong and things are not as "hot" as they used to be and he wants something to revive that "spark" that was once there.

Maybe he's trying to hint to you and you are not getting it. Approach your husband and talk to him about what he is unhappy with and ask him what you can do for him to spice it up.

Here are some links for you in no real particular order:

Marriage Builders ® - Successful Marriage Advice

Is Open Marriage the Modern Couple's Answer to Infidelity? | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet

Amazon.com: Open Marriage: A New Life Style for Couples (9780871314383): Nena O'Neill, George O'Neill: Books

The Truth About Open Marriage

Talk About Marriage - The Marriage Advice & Relationship Help Forums

Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,479 times
Nobody ends up on any of these sites by accident!! (ESPECIALLY if there is a profile made!) Then it's a deliberate attempt to elicit responses from other members!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,664,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Well, good grief! An "infidelity dating site". Honestly people, if you don't want to be true to the one you're with.... get out! Then you can go to a normal dating site or whatever! I just don't understand why people would risk intentionally hurting someone they supposedly love and often have children with. What on earth drives people to considering this?
LOL Oh I'll decipher that one for you. That's easy, it's the stupid marriage contract! You think people like being stuck in relationships they don't feel content with for the sake of masochism? Value judgments aside, these people make the opportunity cost analysis that getting their jollies off on the side is a cheaper alternative to going through the economically hazardous and convenience-foregoing process of dissolving the legal status of marriage. And though I disagree with their behavior, I agree with them wholeheartedly with the reasons they don't pursue divorce in lieu of such spineless behavior. A hell of a dichotomy indeed.

My solution, screw the legal tenants of our current marriage contract. If you don't love me tomorrow, you're free to abandon me, but you aren't entitled to any lifestyle as a result of your past affiliation with me. Our anachronistic legal definitions of marital dissolution entitlements whipsaw people against each other and into hurtful behavior they would otherwise, in general, avoid by simply being able to afford to walk away like you want them to.

This is the economics they didn't teach you in school. Just like people who need gas (sex) don't stop pumping it because the price is too high and simply steal it (inelastic demand) , people don't avoid selfish behavior just because divorce would split them in half, they just do it on the side and keep the guillotine untouched.

Ah but that upsets people. Well, You can't get the cake and eat it too. Can't have people making selfless choices AND taking it in the shorts economically. In that respect I agree with the behavior of the cheaters, and I was cheated on in my own marriage, so I had skin in that game. Not every instance of infidelity is the same, by the way. You could be the party doing the cheating, and concurrently be the the party that would benefit completely from the dissolution of assets. Couple that with community property laws, no-fault states and and a lack of assets on the part of the cheater and voilá, win win for the cheater. Oh wait, I've seen that somewhere before .... I'm telling you, our divorce laws need overhaulin', otherwise you'll continue to see an increase in the nonchalance with which we tolerate the social moniker of infidelity in the majority of marriages.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,716 times
I found most sites will tell you that the email is not a registered email but this site says " if this is a registered email. You will receive an email" (Pretty smart) as far as making the site secure! I am so irritated that this day and age has come to this and you wonder why the divorce rate is so high!! Cheating at your finger tips!! OMG!! I am just in complete shock and disgusted by this site

Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Alright then dump his ass !!like you all said.Get ready to eat Goverment Cheese and have A 13 year old runaway with no father figure,while you moonlight as a waitress.

This is crap. your really suggesting becasue her husband was/is getting ready to cheat that she will fail in life? Really?? Crap. Girl, pull yourself up by your boot straps, get your kids and whatever the hell else you want from there and go...get you a good lawyer, and live your life with respect, something you are not getting from him now!!

Don't listen to HC's advice, yes that happens, but it doesn't have too. Get movin and get on with your life. You already know the anwser...you don't need our confirmation.

Good luck!!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,284 times
I simply cannot believe what the world has come to. My wife and I were married nearly 20 years ago, not much of a plan but two christian people with faith in each other, no money but love. We have been blessed with two children who are great kids. I have worked incredibly hard to get ahead in this life and so has my wife. I suppose there always been little things that we wished we could change, but nobody is perfect, and I have not made a big deal about much at all. I've always had the feeling that my wife had a "wildside" . I began to notice that she was less interested in home life about a year ago.I was suspicous and recently checked our phone records and found a disturbing amount of calls to certain numbers. We had a big fight over what that was all about, tried to ignore the knawing doubt in my stomach. I felt that I must monitor her completely, so I covertly installed WebWatcher to her computer. Found out that she was having an affair which has changed everything for us. I am a good man, I work hard to provide for family because I love them. In one selfish act, my world has exploded and I am not sure I am capable of forgiving the hurt like she wants me to. If were just about me, not our kids and her wonderful parents that would never withstand the heartbreak and embarrassment of what their daughter has done, I would already be gone. Who do I have to thank in part for all of this. Ashley Madison of course. The founder of this organization I am sure is going to sizzle just a little hotter in hell than than the rest. For those of you who cannot put your finger on the change in your spouse, do some research on the signs of an affair and then get to work. Monitor their computers and smartphones, buy a small gps tracking system for their vehicle, call a private detective and stop the thing in its tracks. Get a divorce or seek counselling to see if anything is left. I no longer have desire for my wife, and if we had big problems in our marriage I was certainly the last to know. For all you lonely idiot men out there who think taking a poke at another mans wife is a good thing, give me a call so I can meet with you and rearrange your face. It will take years to rebuild what I once had because of self seeking degenerate scum like yourselves. For all you women who think that it would be exciting to seek the companionship of someone else, just remember behind all the flirtatious sweetalk, the horny prick just wants to **** you and then discard you for the next big thing. Simply not worth the risk.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 PM

461 posts, read 782,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurthubby View Post
I simply cannot believe what the world has come to. My wife and I were married nearly 20 years ago, not much of a plan but two christian people with faith in each other, no money but love. We have been blessed with two children who are great kids. I have worked incredibly hard to get ahead in this life and so has my wife. I suppose there always been little things that we wished we could change, but nobody is perfect, and I have not made a big deal about much at all. I've always had the feeling that my wife had a "wildside" . I began to notice that she was less interested in home life about a year ago.I was suspicous and recently checked our phone records and found a disturbing amount of calls to certain numbers. We had a big fight over what that was all about, tried to ignore the knawing doubt in my stomach. I felt that I must monitor her completely, so I covertly installed WebWatcher to her computer. Found out that she was having an affair which has changed everything for us. I am a good man, I work hard to provide for family because I love them. In one selfish act, my world has exploded and I am not sure I am capable of forgiving the hurt like she wants me to. If were just about me, not our kids and her wonderful parents that would never withstand the heartbreak and embarrassment of what their daughter has done, I would already be gone. Who do I have to thank in part for all of this. Ashley Madison of course. The founder of this organization I am sure is going to sizzle just a little hotter in hell than than the rest. For those of you who cannot put your finger on the change in your spouse, do some research on the signs of an affair and then get to work. Monitor their computers and smartphones, buy a small gps tracking system for their vehicle, call a private detective and stop the thing in its tracks. Get a divorce or seek counselling to see if anything is left. I no longer have desire for my wife, and if we had big problems in our marriage I was certainly the last to know. For all you lonely idiot men out there who think taking a poke at another mans wife is a good thing, give me a call so I can meet with you and rearrange your face. It will take years to rebuild what I once had because of self seeking degenerate scum like yourselves. For all you women who think that it would be exciting to seek the companionship of someone else, just remember behind all the flirtatious sweetalk, the horny prick just wants to **** you and then discard you for the next big thing. Simply not worth the risk.
The world is really, people, and how most have become increasingly selfish and hollow.
I hope you can overcome this difficult time and once again find peace and happiness. All the best to you

Last edited by myrevenge; 04-07-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships