Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:45 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

At first you say he's a "coworker of your husband" then you go on to say he is "your husband's friend" which is it? Anyway, I agree with everyone else here to just forget about it. None of your business so just forget that she said anything to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 03:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I didn't even read it, but my standard answer to such questions is DO NOT! You know this nice saying - if in doubt, leave it out!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:59 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,088,319 times
Usually, this winds up as a case of 'don't shoot the messenger' which would make me want to UNINVOLVE myself ASAP.

But something about the f'up'dness of an extra-marital affair---well, all bets are off, in my opinion. She told you so she shouldn't be expecting to get away with it.

If you ARE ABSOLUTELY sure you heard her correctly and you HAVE NOT ONE DOUBT in your mind that she told you the truth (and I have no way of telling you how to verify it but you should verify it), then I think you owe the husband the information.

But I would do it anonymously.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:19 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
I once tried to help my long time friend -- we go back all the way to the 1980's when I was in my teens -- by strongly advising her NOT to get back at her husband by having an affair with an ex since that's what he did. She did it anyway and said she told him she was coming to visit me, against my better judgment and advice. I called her at her exes after her husband started leaving messages on my phone and even drove an hour and a half to ring my bell (which I of course didn't answer) looking for her. I begged her not to spend another night at the ex's house and just get to my house so she could try to salvage the marriage and not let her H know about the night at the ex's. Well the ex ends up telling her H about the affair, but I just kept acting like I didn't know about it, ya know not dropping a dime on her for the life of me. A few days later her H even called me again to talk about everything, I was very sympathetic and nice to him but never admitted knowing for sure that my friend cheated. I just didn't want to get involved or tell on her since she's my friend, not him. Well that night they both call me and accuse me of badmouthing her and that they never want me to call their house again. Okie dokie then! These people were obviously too looney for me anyway; I guess she just turned on me cuz he probably threatened to kick her out if she didn't drop me. He was irate at me that I wouldn't drop a dime on my friend and stay out of it. Totally bizarre. Point is that you never know how things are going to go when you get involved (even unwittingly, like me). Good luck and keep us posted .

Old 07-10-2008, 05:40 PM

312 posts, read 1,017,911 times
To clear the air... (Thank you for all of your speedy replies)

When she told me about the "Other man" I was totally sober. I went outside due to being hot from dancing.

If I stayed sober I would of never told my husband, only due to what postion he would be put in........ Had he brought it up to me, with me knowing already.. I of course would of told him what the wife told me.

I do know for a fact that their marriage has been very rocky over the past 2 years. I know that both have cheated on each other, and both know all about the past cheating and have been in counciling about it all.

With all of this being said.....

I have tried to see this as my husband sees it, just as my husband is trying to see where I see it (I am more on the side of dont tell, he is on the side of DO tell his friend).

If your loved one cheated on you.. and you didnt have a clue.. wouldnt you want to know?

I sure as hell wouldnt want to be the one that tells me tbh.

On another note...
I just do not understand why would she tell me? I have never been close to her, I do not like her as a person.. and I really do not like her after hearing what she has done.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
According to the wife, the affair is over so there is not a dire need to tell her husband. This is a precarious situation and you do not need to insert yourselves into their relationship.

Good luck.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:14 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Let it "slip" when you out drinking again. You don't like her anyway and its not your secret to keep.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:32 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fickle View Post
If your loved one cheated on you.. and you didnt have a clue.. wouldnt you want to know?
Nope. Ignorance can be blissful...

Quote:
On another note...
I just do not understand why would she tell me? I have never been close to her, I do not like her as a person.. and I really do not like her after hearing what she has done.
They say confession is good for the soul...maybe it just got to be too much for her and she needed someone to confess to, even though she seems to be uniformly hated by all. You were the closest warm body that didn't run away from her.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Now we see that they've both cheated and her H isn't all innocent. Since yall are not friends and she told you, it almost makes it seem like she wants someone else to tell her H so their marriage can be over (seeing as she's all into another man not her H). But since the husband is not your H's best friend or relative and, most importantly, you clarified that they're BOTH cheats, I would totally and without a doubt stay out of it.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:12 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
If she told you, which I agree doesn't make sense, then maybe she has told others. I would keep quiet and let them find out another way. It will put you two in the middle. It might blow up, they get back together and then they would hate you both...hold your tongue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships