Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:21 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times

Advertisements

Why are you standing for this? Taking a "break"? He wants to break to be able to do someone and then come back to you? You are worth more than this. Don't stand for someone like this in your life---especially since you almost had a CHILD with him.

Real men take care of their women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,034 times
I don't know what everyone's hating on him for. He sounds like a winner and you should marry him ASAP to tie him down!

Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 AM

303 posts, read 1,386,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
I don't know what everyone's hating on him for. He sounds like a winner and you should marry him ASAP to tie him down!
LOL!! Sounds like we share the same sarcasm!

Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 AM

89 posts, read 268,583 times
In my personal experience it means he wants out and usually when they say that they have someone on the side already. You need a mature man who will give you what you need and desire someone who will be there for you an emotionally mature man who will not bail when things get rough.The one for you (Have faith)he's out there I believe when you stop looking he will find you.Hang in there.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 PM

473 posts, read 1,517,880 times
I've asked for a break, but it was because I needed to focus my attention on me for a while. I was so busy taking care of my ex, I didn't take care of myself. I caught up on bills, emails, cleaning, etc, without worrying about his stuff for a week.

I just needed to re-group, and sometimes his personality was so strong, it made me forget my needs.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:24 PM

730 posts, read 2,888,232 times
2 DUI's in one year???? Consider yourself lucky he wants a break. I'm sure you can do better.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,520 times
Um... I've never taken a "break", so I don't have any great advice. All I can say is that I see things the same way you do, either you're together or you're not. I would just let him know that you don't do breaks. He needs to either make up his mind that he wants you or let you go and let you find someone who doesn't play games.

I've heard of people going on breaks, but I've never heard of them setting an actual amount of time aside for said break. This is just very strange to me.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:05 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
You guys probably spend too much time together/on the phone. Get eachother some space. Try missing eachother and you'll grow closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzumom View Post
I am a bit confused as my boyfriend and I are currently on a "week break". His idea, not mine. This is coming after weeks of not seeing eachother much and him having financial and physical problems that in turn created arguments and not really getting along.

We have been dating a year and have been through all kinds of drama... we got engaged, then got un-engaged, were expecting a child, lost a child, he was in a bad accident and hospitalized for weeks, he has gotten 2 DUI's... I could go on and on. And not all in that order!

Anyways, in my mind you either breakup or stay together. I just do not understand the "break" thing. He says there are no rules but yet it is not a "guilt free week to do what you want". Am I single? I am confused!

He says it is something to save the relationship. In my mind it is basically breaking up.

Any insight???

Old 07-24-2008, 06:16 PM

303 posts, read 1,386,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
You guys probably spend too much time together/on the phone. Get eachother some space. Try missing eachother and you'll grow closer.
Your right exactly! The week was actually a good thing. We both missed eachother alot and I believe we are closer then ever.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
He wants the "get out of jail free" card. Giving him the freedom to do whatever or WHOEVER he wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships