Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 PM

16 posts, read 46,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Why woundn't you be dating black guys. If not why. I always thougt people kinda of wanted to be with someone that "looked"like them?? Life is too short
What does Life is too short mean? The Father of my children did look like me! If you mean that whole black and white thing, I guess that was one difference. However, our facial features were a lot alike! Anyway, the people that I am attracted to and that are attracted to me are usually of another race. I kinda want to be with someone that will treat me with kindness and respect. My ex and I are separated right now. We are still very good friends. Life is too short to sit around and wait on color. If there is someone you are attracted to, go for it!
For the record, I don't exclude black men. I just don't have too many ask me out.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,245 times
I think that most of it has to do with one's past experiences.
When I was eight, I was molested by a thirteen year old girl. I still hate the smell of dirty pressed hair. My fourth grade teacher was beautiful, smart (to a fourth grader), and nice but I couldn't stand the smell of her hair. I still won't date anyone with a strong dirty hair smell.
I was on a swim team and all of the coutry club moms were really nice. I now prefer conservative women.
There was a not really attractive girl in grade school who was over weight and had a crush on me. She always wanted to fight me (as her way of flirting). I still won't date a loud and over weight woman.
I'll date any smart, nice, attractive (to me), ambitious, and confident women without reguard for race. I won't date a woman from another race who ONLY dates Black men. To me, it comes across as limiting their expectations of me.

To the OP - Yeah.. a lot of people hate to see a inter-racial couple. Do you get upset with her choices based on race alone, hence - your reason for asking?
I had to interview several young ladies for a coctail possition at my bar. We met on a street-side patio at a local restaurant. I had a lot of comments from mostly Black women and white men who thought that we might be dating. There were fewer comments from Black males or white females (strangly - mostly posssitive).

Old 07-19-2008, 12:05 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,277 times
I am a white woman and I find black men are sexy ,funny, and sweet like your friend. I think that white women like black men and the opposite is right. (white men like black women.)
On the one hand, I love to date black man oneday if he accepts me, and on the other hand, we don't make our relationships depond on colours. That is shallow minded We are seriously trying to find a comfortable feeling in our relationships . We search for love, colours mean nothing here . Don't care about people opinions , the important thing is to be happy because when you are sad and lonely people will not do anything for you . Be selfish about your happiness , especially when you don't hurt anyone.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 07-19-2008 at 12:22 AM..

Old 07-19-2008, 12:28 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
I am a white woman and I find black men are sexy ,funny, and sweet like your friend. I think that white women like black men and the opposite is right. (white men like black women.)
On the one hand, I love to date black man oneday if he accepts me, and on the other hand, we don't make our relationships depond on colours. That is shallow minded We are seriously trying to find a comfortable feeling in our relationships . We search for love, colours mean nothing here . Don't care about people opinions , the important thing is to be happy because when you are sad and lonely people will not do anything for you . Be selfish about your happiness , especially when you don't hurt anyone.
Vice versa. I find white women (not all) very attractive. I would love to date a white woman someday.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:49 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I know some black men that ONLY date white women (and vice versa). I can only speak for the woman's side because I have a very dear friend (caucasion) who will ONLY date BLACK men. She doesn't date white men period. She just finds black men to be incredibly sexy, funny and cool. She is not attracted or interested in white men.

Unfortunately, she is not welcome by many black women. In fact, they get royally pis** off at her. She is on some of the dating boards that are exclusive to black men. She has her picture there and gets a lot of negative email from black women to GET OUT!

When you see an interracial couple, does it bother you? How does it make you feel? Personally, I am the type that as long as you are happy with the person you are dating, then be with them.
I can see the attraction too. It seems like so many younger white men have really let themselves go. All Jelly-Belly and nasty looking. I have not yet seen a younger black man who is *not* in good physical shape and generally looking sharp (although I do not care for the "gang banger" look much). Of course this is generalizing and there will be exceptions. LOL

I have known white girls who only date black guys. I guess it is fine if that is your preference. My philosophy is why just limit yourself to have the cake when you can have the WHOLE CAKE! I have had dates with black males (a long time ago) and it was fine but they always flirt with other girls during the date, which rather annoyed me. Also, there *is* a bit of a language barrier at times due to cultural differences.

Interracial couples do not bother me at all. Everybody is entitled to be happy regardless of age, sexual orientation, race or anything else.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-19-2008, 01:26 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,994 times
I have absolutely no problem with someone from one race dating another. But some posts on here make me sad to see why some are choosing to go down that road. It 'appears' that plain ole attraction isn't the number one reason. I think that's a shame.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 AM

202 posts, read 1,075,252 times
Alot of my black friends have white wives or girlfriends, I did ask my friend about this and he said black girls always reject him.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:21 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I know some black men that ONLY date white women (and vice versa). I can only speak for the woman's side because I have a very dear friend (caucasion) who will ONLY date BLACK men. She doesn't date white men period. She just finds black men to be incredibly sexy, funny and cool. She is not attracted or interested in white men.

Unfortunately, she is not welcome by many black women. In fact, they get royally pis** off at her. She is on some of the dating boards that are exclusive to black men. She has her picture there and gets a lot of negative email from black women to GET OUT!

When you see an interracial couple, does it bother you? How does it make you feel? Personally, I am the type that as long as you are happy with the person you are dating, then be with them.

doesn't really bother me...and I really don't think about it one way or the other? I see them as a couple....not color...what bothers me is the black women being so mean to her....why? doesn't make sense to me, and I'd be willing to bet, when things don't go their way, they're the first ones to start screaming...racial profiling...or prejiduce

I don't know, it is just all so silly and a waste of time and energy to me?

do ya think maybe people are simply jealous of the happiness of others?

Old 07-19-2008, 01:25 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
doesn't really bother me...and I really don't think about it one way or the other? I see them as a couple....not color...what bothers me is the black women being so mean to her....why? doesn't make sense to me, and I'd be willing to bet, when things don't go their way, they're the first ones to start screaming...racial profiling...or prejiduce

I don't know, it is just all so silly and a waste of time and energy to me?

do ya think maybe people are simply jealous of the happiness of others?
Well... with some single women, looking for a good man to date is a competition. Looking for a good man is a challenge for any woman no matter their skin colour. And from other threads in here, some say that black women are wonderful and deep. What exactly this deep quality is, I don't know. And in addition, there is black pride and them having a sense of uniqueness particular to them and sharing that collective history of having ancestors that were slaves. As an example, they will criticize one of their own who they feel has sold out and is acting "white" in order to become a success. They want to succeed on their own terms and being black. And contrast the way Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton speak publicly compared to Obama, Bill Cosby or Sidney Poitier. Anyway, maybe some of this hate from the black women towards black men dating white women could be that they don't want to compromise who they are, and they don't want to have to act "white" in order to date a quality black man.

Maybe they feel that a black man dating a white woman is him thinking that he's breaking out of his class and making it to some upper level, and dating above them his former peer group.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:48 PM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Maybe they feel that a black man dating a white woman is him thinking that he's breaking out of his class and making it to some upper level, and dating above them his former peer group.
Not so sure about the whole "breaking out of his class" thing, but I've heard some people say that when a black guy dates a white girl that it is a F you to "whitey" I personally never really thought about it that way. There also seems to be a stereotype about black women being ball busters?? Don't know personally, as I've never dated a black woman.

Anyway we're all much deeper that the color of our skin. There is a spirit and a life energy that inhabits the "body" whether the body is black, white or green for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships