Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times

Advertisements

I know some black men that ONLY date white women (and vice versa). I can only speak for the woman's side because I have a very dear friend (caucasion) who will ONLY date BLACK men. She doesn't date white men period. She just finds black men to be incredibly sexy, funny and cool. She is not attracted or interested in white men.

Unfortunately, she is not welcome by many black women. In fact, they get royally pis** off at her. She is on some of the dating boards that are exclusive to black men. She has her picture there and gets a lot of negative email from black women to GET OUT!

When you see an interracial couple, does it bother you? How does it make you feel? Personally, I am the type that as long as you are happy with the person you are dating, then be with them.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:02 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I know some black men that ONLY date white women (and vice versa). I can only speak for the woman's side because I have a very dear friend (caucasion) who will ONLY date BLACK men. She doesn't date white men period. She just finds black men to be incredibly sexy, funny and cool. She is not attracted or interested in white men.
I wonder about this saying "once you go Black, you never go back"... Was it coined by white women or black dudes?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I'm sure it was coined by black men. Only a man would be so arrogant LOL I'm KIDDING!!
I just think that you should date who you want to but know that even in todays society it's not accepted by many and that you can expect people to stare and talk and point. If you can get past that and have a successful relationship, then more power to you.
I am white, I have a white fiance, I did date briefly a couple of guys not of the caucasian background and still find myself attracted mostly to my caucasian male. I can see the attraction though. It's not my first choice and do not disagree with anyone who dates interracial. I don't think poorly of someone if they are going in that direction. I say to each his own!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:09 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,871,502 times
Default My phrase

I was talking with my black neighbors and they were saying "When you go black, you can't never come back" to which I responded "When you go white, its aiight." They about soiled themselves.

Most of my female friends are hispanic. None of my Mexicans or Central or South American friends would even think of dating a black man. They are attracted to them physically but think they have most likely slept with too many women. Some of my Puerto Rican female friends would and have dated black men, which makes sense as many of them have African ancestors.

Let's face it, people are more likely to date people who look like themselves. I know there are exceptions but people generally date within their race.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM

306 posts, read 900,751 times
When I see an interracial couple I don't think about it any more than I do a couple where both people both white/black/asian etc. It's a non issue to me.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I was talking with my black neighbors and they were saying "When you go black, you can't never come back" to which I responded "When you go white, its aiight." They about soiled themselves.

Most of my female friends are hispanic. None of my Mexicans or Central or South American friends would even think of dating a black man. They are attracted to them physically but think they have most likely slept with too many women. Some of my Puerto Rican female friends would and have dated black men, which makes sense as many of them have African ancestors.

Let's face it, people are more likely to date people who look like themselves. I know there are exceptions but people generally date within their race.
For a rich white male banker you run with a rough ignorant crowd. Seriously.

Quote:

Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, she is not welcome by many black women. In fact, they get royally pis** off at her. She is on some of the dating boards that are exclusive to black men. She has her picture there and gets a lot of negative email from black women to GET OUT!

When you see an interracial couple, does it bother you? How does it make you feel? Personally, I am the type that as long as you are happy with the person you are dating, then be with them.
Who are those women to tell her to get out? Has she contacted a moderator of that board about those women harassing her?
If your white friend wants to date black men, I say let her be. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:16 AM

486 posts, read 982,288 times
Quote:

I personally could care less.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:21 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times
Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:

Oh yeah, that's my favorite combination! More power to her. When I see a black male/white female couple, I think nothing of it. All I can think is "Man, I want to be in that combination so bad". I seldomly date women who are my race.

Since I prefer to date interracially, I have an account on YouTube, some haters came on my page and left some really nasty hate mail, mostly from white men, black women, and some black men, making attempts to try and discourage me.

Last edited by wclac; 07-14-2008 at 11:29 AM..

Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Even reading these posts, it's astonishing to me even today in these times that there is so much hate. People can be such jerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships